Game against AI

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

hmota

Game against AI

Post by hmota »

I returned back after 2-3 years tothis game, and i wanted to somewhat step back into ...can someone provide me information which of scenarios (stock or moded) are good for playing against AI (allied or Jap)...
rockmedic109

RE: Game against AI

Post by rockmedic109 »

I'd reccommend one of Da Babes. I don't think it can be played against the Allied AI, however. Loads of fun.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

The standard Scenarios 1 and 2 are both good practice, as well as their official variants for Quiet China and December 8 starts.

I'm partial to Scenario 2 as both, but then I'm no Yamamoto yet...probably not even a Nagumo... As Allied, I like the AI to have that little bit of extra because the Allied order of battle is just so much huger.
derhexer

Post by derhexer »

If you've been good a while I'd recommend getting your feet wet with one of the battles, like Guadalcanal or Coral Sea.
Chris
(Did you ever stop to think and forget to start?)
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Against the AI? Ironman. The regular ones to start. Don't go for the NASTY upgrades by Andy until you're back in the saddle. They are way challenging.
Pax
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

ORIGINAL: hmota

I returned back after 2-3 years tothis game, and i wanted to somewhat step back into ...can someone provide me information which of scenarios (stock or moded) are good for playing against AI (allied or Jap)...
You should aim for defensive AI. When it is on offense it behaves good only in initial scripted attacks (where TFs are already at sea, with historical composition). If you succesfully defend in few places things tends to get out of control.

So Allied AI in GC, if this is 1941 start etc.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”