Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New unofficial beta version v2.15

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> New unofficial beta version v2.15 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New unofficial beta version v2.15 - 5/7/2013 10:10:32 AM   
Vic

Hi all,

I am working on v2.15. Its a really small update feature & bugfix wise, but it does adress a memory crash issue with the windows7 KB 2670838 update at least one user experienced. Also it attempts to adress the issue some win8 users experienced with the game window not starting up in the propper dimensions.

I would especially appreciate anybody having experienced this last win8 issue to try out this unoffical beta version and report back if the small window issue is still present with this v2.15 version. Once i get this nailed i will move this 2.15 to official beta status.

Only install if you are comfortable manually overwriting the AdvancedTacticsGold.exe and anewdawn.at2 file.

Get the 2.15 files here:
http://www.vrdesigns.nl/AdvancedTacticsGold215.zip

Full change list:
-Attempted to fix rare cases of Win8 game window to small. Would appreciate feedback of users who encountered this issue in the past.
-Added code to prevent the freak memory bug with the new windows 7 KB 2670838 update, also improved games memory consumption.
-Fixed a rare ai bug
-Fixed some issues with intelligence card and made training card now able to select any HQ in chain under command of officer in question.
-If you dont have the PP for HQ+officer you cannot make HQ without officer even if you have the PP issue solved
-Officer pool inspect officer details makes viewing map officers impossible issue fixed.
-English officer low staff points issue fixed
-Added new variant for random games: cheap research

Big thanks for helping test and best regards,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 5/7/2013 10:11:45 AM >

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl
Post #: 1
RE: New unofficial beta version v2.15 - 5/7/2013 2:21:44 PM   
Webizen

Updated the NATO Counters Mod to support this test beta build, v2.15.

Tac2i

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 2
RE: New unofficial beta version v2.15 - 5/8/2013 5:45:20 PM   
Zaratoughda

Vic.... if you get a chance...

There is the bug in one town start scenarios where if you take a neutral city, sometimes it already has production shown for it and other times it doesn't. In the former case, it is a pain having to go through and delete the production. This occurs for maybe half the cities.

The other bug that comes to mind... when creating new units if you do not have the PP to buy a HQ with a leader, it won't let you buy a HQ without a leader even if you have the PP to buy it.

Oh... one comment. When I create an Artillery Corps... I do so without a leader as there is no leader experience for bombardment so a leader in an Atillery Corps will not advance. Yeah, I guess it would still be beneficial to have a leader in there for the bonuses, but I typically need 100 staff or more in an Artillery Corps so any leader bonus would not go far... AND they will not advance.

Thanks,

Z

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: New unofficial beta version v2.15 - 5/8/2013 6:00:49 PM   
Zaratoughda

Oh, as far as the...

"English officer low staff points issue fixed"

I thought that was by design. Historically the British (and of course the Union in the ACW) were not famous for having great land officers (Braddock and Abercrombie in the F&IW???) and the English have a bonus in having rangers. So, I thought that was a minus to compensate for the plus that the Anglo-Saxons got for having rangers.

Something that you might want to consider... and maybe something along those lines for the Chinese for getting the militia option.... officers start with less staff points.

Yeah... would be nice if you separated the Americans from the British in the Anglo-Saxon regime. It's strange playing as 'The Confederates' and having a capital city of... London.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: New unofficial beta version v2.15 - 5/8/2013 6:16:21 PM   
ironduke1955

Not famous for having great land generals Duke of Marlborough Duke of Wellington Viscount Montgomery viscount slim Baron Clive viscount alenbrooke Viscount plumer Viscount Alenby Baron Rawlinson. Not forgeting Henry the 5th Edward the Ist Alfred the great Cromwell plus countless other great British Generals. Can't say I am to happy about London being the capital of the confederacy either. Less staff points was error nice to see it has been fixed.

< Message edited by ironduke1955 -- 5/8/2013 6:18:18 PM >

(in reply to Zaratoughda)
Post #: 5
RE: New unofficial beta version v2.15 - 5/8/2013 6:28:08 PM   
Webizen

This one is fixed in v2.15: "-If you dont have the PP for HQ+officer you cannot make HQ without officer even if you have the PP issue solved." I've verified this in a test game.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaratoughda

The other bug that comes to mind... when creating new units if you do not have the PP to buy a HQ with a leader, it won't let you buy a HQ without a leader even if you have the PP to buy it.

Tac2i

Post #: 6
RE: New unofficial beta version v2.15 - 5/8/2013 10:42:49 PM   
Twotribes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaratoughda

Vic.... if you get a chance...

There is the bug in one town start scenarios where if you take a neutral city, sometimes it already has production shown for it and other times it doesn't. In the former case, it is a pain having to go through and delete the production. This occurs for maybe half the cities.

Oh... one comment. When I create an Artillery Corps... I do so without a leader as there is no leader experience for bombardment so a leader in an Atillery Corps will not advance. Yeah, I guess it would still be beneficial to have a leader in there for the bonuses, but I typically need 100 staff or more in an Artillery Corps so any leader bonus would not go far... AND they will not advance.

Thanks,

Z

Any city you gain through creep.... not taken while moving a unit, will display 3 things as production. Supply, Political points and Rifles. This is not a bug it is intended. The problem is that in most games cities with foreign populations can not produce rifles or supplies.

Post #: 7
RE: New unofficial beta version v2.15 - 5/9/2013 2:12:11 AM   
Zaratoughda

Hmmmm... the reason the Americans won The Revolutionary War.... was NOT because George Washington was 'first in war'.... but because the British commanders... lol.... were closer to LAST in war.

Burgoyne, Cornwallis, etc.

Yeah, Washington managed to get himself TOTALLY OUTFLANKED defending New York in the Battle of Long Island... and then managed to DO IT AGAIN... in the battle of Brandywine Creek... attempting to defend Philadelphia.

But still....... he was better than Burgoyne and Cornwallis. He at least escaped with what was left of his army... these two... were not so adept.

And maybe you should check out Abercrombie's generalship at the Battle of Fort Carillion.

And as far as the generals you mention... they got good reps but not sure they would stack up (although there is always room for argument) to Frederick's generals. Sheesh, in the Seven Year's War, the British were wise to let Ferdinand command a mostly British army in Germany. King George, tried to take the field (lol) and almost got himself captured.

But then again, there were the Union commanders of the Army of the Potomic. Good grief.

I will say this... Lord Nelson... was one of the all-time greatest naval commanders (maybe even #1). But, that's where the British were at. Their very best officers went into their navy because that was their line of defense against another 1066. With that, they ended up with commanders like Abercrombie and Burgoyne making fools of themselves.

I had this thing about who might be the all-time WORST military commander and, I was thinking it just might be Guy DeLusignan (sp?), the commander of the crusader force at the Batttle of Jerusalem. But, Abercrombie and his handling of the British force at the Battle of Fort Carillion, would contest that.

(in reply to ironduke1955)
Post #: 8
RE: New unofficial beta version v2.15 - 5/9/2013 3:28:19 AM   
ironduke1955

Best stay away from the American War of independance it is a litany of defeat and hardly proves superiority of American Generals. Fact is the Americans could afford to lose a lot of battles and the British could not. The Americans were out perfomed at almost every level all the Americans had to do was hang on in there and they would win and they did. Where the Americans did excell was in brutality to Tory loyalist's and they were brutal back(Tho Hollywood to date likes to portray attrocities as only being commited by the british not true). The British always viewed the war as a war against their own people and certainly thats how the senior officers viewed the war. And reflects what history has called lethargy after all as a general its hard to fight a foe that will take to field get beat then run to the hills reform and be back within a month. The only way the British could have won the war is for them to to have prosecuted the war with the utmost brutality from the beginning putting rebel towns to the sword from the beginning Roman style scorched earth and using Native Americans in larger hunt and kill rolls also doing something they did in the Boer War the use of concentration camps(Yes it was the British who invented them to their shame). But that was never going to happen. They kept beating the Americans and were bemused as to why they would not surrender. You are always aware that when a civil war ends it is easier to find a way to peace if the death toll is light.

Whats true of the British is that they did win most of their wars spanning hundreds of years sometimes against overwhelming odds and they could not have done this without able commanders. You can pick some really bad British Generals throughout history but you can do that for any country. And those few bad apples that peppered through a long military history are not a reason to penalize the British and only the British with Low Staff points.

Post #: 9
RE: New unofficial beta version v2.15 - 5/9/2013 10:26:33 PM   
lion_of_judah

seems to have fixed the issue with Windows 8 for me at least

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 5/9/2013 10:28:01 PM >

(in reply to ironduke1955)
Post #: 10
RE: New unofficial beta version v2.15 - 5/11/2013 10:21:47 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

seems to have fixed the issue with Windows 8 for me at least

well not completely altough 1 out of 5 times wrong opening was an improvement.

i sent you a PM with 2 new test builds. big thanks for helping out with this rather arcane win8 issue.

215b: http://www.vrdesigns.nl/AdvancedTacticsGold215b.zip

and if 215b does not help. try out 215c:
http://www.vrdesigns.nl/AdvancedTacticsGold215c.zip

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> New unofficial beta version v2.15 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI