Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

anti-cheating system

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> anti-cheating system Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
anti-cheating system - 5/6/2013 2:35:46 PM   
JeremyB

I was wondering if there was any intention to improve the anti-cheating system for future versions.
I have played a couple of server games with an old-time friend, and we have no problem with allowing to reload with making some sort of mistake, the most common one being moving a whole stack when only wanting to move a unit, and sometimes the attack cursor ending up on an hex adjacent to the one we intended to assault.
As my friend pointed out, we had received no notification whatsoever, and, we might well have been replaying critical combat resolutions, for all the computer knows.
Effective anti-cheating is essential not only because I mistrust my opponents – although I confess I’d like to feel confident on that aspect before engaging in a 200+ hours campaign with an unknown server adversary . I also want to make sure that my opponent won’t be inclined to suspect me of such villainy if I was to perform very well…
Post #: 1
RE: anti-cheating system - 5/6/2013 4:31:48 PM   
Joel Billings

Matrix's system is automatic and allows a certain amount of reloading. At some point it throws up red flags and warnings, and can lead to someone looking into the details and taking action. I don't know what plans Matrix has regarding the server system (actually it's the Slitherine server system that Matrix is using).

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to JeremyB)
Post #: 2
RE: anti-corruption system and etiquette - 5/6/2013 5:40:40 PM   
Dark_Star

What is the proper etiquette for these situations. In the past (boardgames) one just asked your opponent for redo/takeback.
These redoes could range from mis-understanding of the game rules to a action (blunder) that would end a good game.
With computerizing of games has been just great, removing a lot of headaches , you can argue with designer/developer, but now you and opponent can just get into the game.
I am especially like the GG-WITE "U" command (either you can or not)

This brings us to the point I do NOT consider cheating, But is it proper etiquette?, redo of turns because of the few mistakes that can still be made as referenced by JeremyB
A suggestion would be ask your opponent for a reload and why it is needed but this does use a lot of time, but keep it a as gentleman game.

On the other handle i do wish there was some type of security hashing for code/data corruption. It does not have to be at the level to stop it, but just show original does not match current .
This also be used to show a reload was needed and done. Also your opponent approval of reload.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> anti-cheating system Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI