Matrix Games Forums

The fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

replacements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> replacements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
replacements - 5/6/2013 1:20:23 PM   
Maximeba

On turn 69 Soviets had listed in the order of battle 6907176/6742357 men. On turn 70 (mud turn) I decided to put my entire army in refit mode. On turn 71 the Soviet army grew to 7930590/7748974 men. All most 1 million men in one turn. Where are all of these guys coming from? Why were they not filtering into the front lines? I thought refit was only for key units units that were 10 hexes from the front lines? Anyhow, I leave my army on refit mode and it is turn 78 and the Soviets have 8632476/8424286 men.

Wes
Allies Forever
Post #: 1
RE: replacements - 5/6/2013 1:25:36 PM   
morvael

Without refit rifle divisions (and corps I think) are restricted to 60% TOE, so there was room for all those soldiers, who waited in the pool.

(in reply to Maximeba)
Post #: 2
RE: replacements - 5/6/2013 1:49:54 PM   
morvael

Also without refit upgrade/swap procedure doesn't work properly (or at all) and divisions are stuck with several obsolete guns or tanks, while tons of new ones rot in the pool. You have to use refit from time to time on all units (depending on how is your manpower/armaments in the pool). As a rule of thumb I try to put on refit units below certain TOE % as listed in Commander's Report, usually either below 80% or 85% (20-30 units) and then move them from the frontlines for a turn if possible. This allows for proper upgrades and swaps of equipment and the average TOE % is probably around 90-95%.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 3
RE: replacements - 5/6/2013 3:26:26 PM   
Denniss

AFAIR in normal mode they receive up to 80% of their TOE but at slower speed than in refit (especially if adjacent to enemy). Upgrades are working in normal mode but just not that fast/often like in refit. On the other hand, swaps seldomly happen in normal mode.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 4
RE: replacements - 5/6/2013 4:03:12 PM   
morvael

80% is for Axis, 60% for Soviet.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 5
RE: replacements - 5/7/2013 3:44:20 AM   
Maximeba

Thanks, for the info. Now, should I leave all of my front line units on refit? Or, should I leave front line units on ready and second line units on reserve mode. My gut reaction say attacking units on refit everyone else either ready or reserve.

Wes
Allies Forever

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 6
RE: replacements - 5/7/2013 4:37:21 AM   
morvael

If playing Axis you have to select who gets limited resources. This also applies to Soviets in '41 and early '42. Later on as the Soviets, when you have surplus armaments and manpower in the pool, it's safe to put everyone on refit, except 55+ morale units in the second line (if you have any) that can be in reserve (if not too low on TOE%). Of course refit gives more bonuses when you are away from the enemy (even better when 10+ hexes from enemy), but at least it removes the 80%/60% strength limit for infantry units, even if on the frontline.

(in reply to Maximeba)
Post #: 7
RE: replacements - 5/8/2013 1:27:51 AM   
Maximeba

Again, Thanks for the info. Now onward and save the world.

Wes
Allies Forever

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> replacements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI