Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

? About Prestige during Campaigns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> ? About Prestige during Campaigns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
? About Prestige during Campaigns - 5/5/2013 1:27:03 PM   
balto

I was hoping someone could help me with some Campaign Questions on Prestige:

1) Is there a specific amount of points you receive for each Scenario (w/in the Campaigns)? Do you receive more Prestige with a Decisive win? Do you receive any Prestige for a Loss?

2) Does your balance of Prestige carry over into the next Scenario? In other words, if I have Prestige left over in the my last turn, is there any benefit to me buying some Core units before ending my last turn? Or can I just wait until the next scenario?

Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: ? About Prestige during Campaigns - 5/5/2013 2:00:25 PM   
thedrillsgt

My SWAG:

1. My sense is that you accumulate points for each victory objective that you hold. Winning earlier means that you hold them through addition turns (that are not played out)

2. Points roll into the next scenario. Don't buy core units late. You may have better options next game. Don't replenish units in a game unless you need them badly. Replacements in between games are cheaper

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 2
RE: ? About Prestige during Campaigns - 5/6/2013 12:00:31 PM   
balto

Drill Sgt, thanks for your reply.

1) Not sure I understand what you are saying. Could you reword that?

2) Replacements are cheaper in game! Wow, are you 100% positive on that? That is really important information, thanks,

(in reply to thedrillsgt)
Post #: 3
RE: ? About Prestige during Campaigns - 5/7/2013 6:11:27 AM   
Dragoon

1. You receive immediately 100 prestige for each objective flag you capture, and 50 prestige all other flags. But only the first time. Capturing a flag, losing it again and then recapture, will not give you the bonus prestige again. However, if you were in possession of a flag at the beginning of the battle and then lost it to enemy, you will get the bonus prestige for liberating it.
On top of that you will receive prestige at the end of each scenario. The amount will vary from scenario to scenario. Usually you receive the same amount of for decisive and marginal victories. The developers wanted to avoid a situation that you end up in a down spiral, because your force took a beating and only achieved a marginal victory. In some cases after a very hard battle, a loss can even give you the most prestige. This is to help bring your force back to strength, like after Stalingard and Overlord(Normandy).

2. Regular replacements are for free in between scenarios. Elite Replacements and overstrengthing units cost only the half. If you hover your mouse over the replacements buttons a tool-tip will show you much it will cost you. It's a fraction of the original unit costs.

I hope this clarifies it a bit better. Feel free to post a follow up question in case I made it even worse to understand.

< Message edited by Dragoon -- 5/7/2013 6:12:37 AM >

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 4
RE: ? About Prestige during Campaigns - 5/7/2013 5:58:54 PM   
balto

Thank you very much.

1) I figured out that it is not a good idea to push-it to get a Decisive Victory if you already have a Marginal if this will cost you some CORE UNITS. Now that I see the pay-off is not really there for a Decisive, I will continue the approach of preserving my core units for the battles to come. Am I correct in assuming this is a reasonable approach? I can say that I am about to start the Moscow scenario and several of my Core are strength 13!

2) Once again, thank you for that INCREDIBLE information on boosting up your Core units AFTER the battle. That is a huge bonanza of information - - thanks!!!

(in reply to Dragoon)
Post #: 5
RE: ? About Prestige during Campaigns - 5/7/2013 6:50:58 PM   
Dragoon

Glad I could be of assistance.

For more helpful information you should check out the Panzer Corps forum at Slitherine.com. There you will find a very vivid community
Especially the FAQ and Trick and Tips threads have tons of valuable information waiting for you to be discovered. :)

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 6
RE: ? About Prestige during Campaigns - 5/8/2013 4:17:48 PM   
balto

Wow, the Slitherine Forum is JAM PACKED with important information. Thank you very very much.

I guess I should join that forum.

(in reply to Dragoon)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> ? About Prestige during Campaigns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI