Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What Brought You To Matrix Games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What Brought You To Matrix Games Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What Brought You To Matrix Games - 5/9/2013 3:53:48 AM   
Bison36

I needed to replace my John Tiller's West Front disc and Matrix had the Campaign Series. It's been on every computer hard drive since joining.

< Message edited by Bison36 -- 5/9/2013 3:55:00 AM >

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 61
RE: What Brought You To Matrix Games - 5/9/2013 4:41:12 AM   
SapperAstro

Steel Panthers World at War and the release of War in Russia and War in the Pacific. Super updated versions that were Win98 compatible. Good times.

I didn't really come on here all that often. After the Close Combat series died, someone from here posted on the Club SSI forums where I was a regular, this was just before it died, touting a new game by Sean O'Connor (maker of Firefight) that was going to be made by Matrix to replace the CC series. Close Assault or something like that. It never eventuated, but I lurked around anyway, keeping my eye on anything that came out. Still lurking around today snapping up the odd game here and there.

One of the funny things I remember from those old days here were the trolls that skulked around the Matrix halls. Anything that remotely had 'real time' or not 'I go you go' movement and battle was evil, and those wanting such a game (eg Close Combat, Airborne Assault series) were the antichrist. They would quickly park in any new forums for such a game and lambast the idea and anyone interested in it. Haven't seen any of them around lately though.

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 62
RE: What Brought You To Matrix Games - 5/9/2013 4:47:06 AM   
EisenHammer

WiR free download around 2001 or so.

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 63
RE: What Brought You To Matrix Games - 5/9/2013 4:48:40 AM   
SapperAstro

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Combat leader and Close Assault.....

Yes. These were two big draw cards for me back in the day. Both of them vanished into the horizon...now the CC series is one of their best sellers...

I tried to tell them way back when...

< Message edited by SapperAstro -- 5/9/2013 4:49:13 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 64
RE: What Brought You To Matrix Games - 5/10/2013 2:45:31 AM   
Rtwfreak

Funnily enough it was Medieval Total War orional series back in 200? I was over at the creative assembly forum and someone mentioned this site had lots of wargames but the prices were kind of high. even back then they were discussing the prices of Matrixgames. I think the first game i ever bought was Tin Soldiers: Caesar for like $7 from ebay. Oh yeah that was the other reason the free Steel Panthers Game.

< Message edited by Rtwfreak -- 5/10/2013 2:46:59 AM >

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 65
RE: What Brought You To Matrix Games - 5/10/2013 11:44:23 PM   
Zap

Picked up the game "korsun pocket' at a Box store. Saw the matrix website on the game box.
Checked it out and been here ever since

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 66
RE: What Brought You To Matrix Games - 5/11/2013 12:54:27 AM   
bigus

AGEOD's American Civil War.
The first game I ever purchased online.
It was a five year love/hate relationship.
I don't regret it.

< Message edited by bigus -- 5/11/2013 12:55:37 AM >

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What Brought You To Matrix Games Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI