Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: DO-17

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: DO-17 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DO-17 - 5/4/2013 3:26:09 PM   
RevRick

Oh, Bother! Did you really HAVE to interrupt this riveting conversation between a gorn and what appears to be a vocal buzzard originating from Qu'onos about zingers and annuli with facts. Besides that, the world wants to know how the devil a gorn kisses his/its wife/mate/significant other!

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 31
RE: DO-17 - 5/4/2013 3:48:06 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

Oh, Bother! Did you really HAVE to interrupt this riveting conversation between a gorn and what appears to be a vocal buzzard originating from Qu'onos about zingers and annuli with facts.
warspite1

Agreed - he was was just rude

P.S Vocal Buzzard originating from Qu'onos? Close, but no, its HMS Warspite originating from Devonport Dockyard.

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 32
RE: DO-17 - 5/4/2013 4:22:34 PM   
RevRick

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Oh, Bother! Did you really HAVE to interrupt this riveting conversation between a gorn and what appears to be a vocal buzzard originating from Qu'onos about zingers and annuli with facts.
warspite1

Agreed - he was was just rude

P.S Vocal Buzzard originating from Qu'onos? Close, but no, its HMS Warspite originating from Devonport Dockyard.

Oh, my! I do apologize. I confused the avatars. Belatedly, I realize that it was the name DivePac. It reminded me of those infernal subsurface skulking machines I came to despise so much in my time in the fleet. Being an honorable surface combatant, (as in anything associated with the grand name Warspite must surely be), my contumely was misdirected by a visual lapse on my part. Besides that, I had only partaken of one cup of coffee this morning. Not quite awake, you know.

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 33
RE: DO-17 - 5/4/2013 6:07:40 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

From the local news last night the body is actually in poor shape being aluminium, the sea water has played havoc with it. The boffins have decided the best way to remove the salt is to wash it in citric acid (lemon juice) and this they are going to do by placing it in a poly tent and spraying for a year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22380915

I cringe every time I see that slang term "boffins". Can you tell everyone over there to stop it already?

Darwin has his eye on me.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 34
RE: DO-17 - 5/4/2013 6:53:12 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

Oh, Bother! Did you really HAVE to interrupt this riveting conversation between a gorn and what appears to be a vocal buzzard originating from Qu'onos about zingers and annuli with facts. Besides that, the world wants to know how the devil a gorn kisses his/its wife/mate/significant other!

Actually our equivalent ritual to your "necking" is when we suck each other's thumbs, or interior digit of our claws. It's really quite sweet to observe.

Our raspy tongues rubbing on those scales is quite noisy though.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 5/4/2013 6:57:58 PM >

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 35
RE: DO-17 - 5/4/2013 9:27:34 PM   
Chris H

quote:

It's not the kiss that matters it's what happens after. In Gorn society the female will attempt to eat the male, I, in my kindness was attempting to save all the readers of this horrifying fact. If you are in any doubt that I'm telling the truth have you ever seen a Gorn in real life. No, they are extinct and now you know why.

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 36
RE: DO-17 - 5/4/2013 10:59:35 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

quote:

It's not the kiss that matters it's what happens after. In Gorn society the female will attempt to eat the male, I, in my kindness was attempting to save all the readers of this horrifying fact. If you are in any doubt that I'm telling the truth have you ever seen a Gorn in real life. No, they are extinct and now you know why.

Sorry, Chris, we are not extinct. The reason you give is why many of us choose to reproduce asexually. If you see one of us sucking our own thumb, expect an outcome in about 90 days. Remember we lay eggs and have to sit on them for a while. I carry mine under my armpits, though.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 37
RE: DO-17 - 5/5/2013 8:43:30 AM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

quote:

Sorry, Chris, we are not extinct. The reason you give is why many of us choose to reproduce asexually. If you see one of us sucking our own thumb, expect an outcome in about 90 days. Remember we lay eggs and have to sit on them for a while. I carry mine under my armpits, though.

Not sucking it in public I hope, now that IS rude.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: DO-17 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI