Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Napoleon's Campaigns >> Map Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map Issue - 5/1/2013 5:16:47 AM   
warspite1

Looked at the screenshot on the product page and saw that Anglia is sited north of London and that Sussex and Wessex are in the wrong places. That said, why is the map even using Wessex and Anglia anyway?

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

Post #: 1
RE: Map Issue - 5/1/2013 12:57:52 PM   
Noakesy

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Looked at the screenshot on the product page and saw that Anglia is sited north of London and that Sussex and Wessex are in the wrong places. That said, why is the map even using Wessex and Anglia anyway?

Petty petty petty! I have to say I thought exactly the same but didn't want to say anything as I thought it might have been unwelcome!

Sadly when you see a basic error like that it does make you wonder (rightly or wrongly) about the rest of the detail that is lauded on the product description. Sorry, I'm not normally this picky, but I've been looking for a good Napoleonic strategy game for years and would very much like to like this.

< Message edited by Noakesy -- 5/1/2013 1:04:02 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2
RE: Map Issue - 5/2/2013 8:23:23 AM   
Pocus

Don't throw the baby with the bathwater

There might be a few errors in the map, but for the vast if not overwhelming majorities of facts & data, they are right, and yes, NCP is a good operational simulation of the Napoleonic Wars. Admittedly, this is all in my opinion!

The British Isles are there because you have a what if scenario on the invasion of Albion. Also, we planned the map to allows extra scenarios, like the Expedition to Ireland by France, in 1798.

edit: this AAR is in Spanish but you can look at the screenshots they are quite entertaining

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?28374-AAR-Operaci%F3n-Otarie/page4

< Message edited by Pocus -- 5/2/2013 9:31:00 AM >

AGEOD Team - Lead Developer
Check our historical strategy games on the American Civil War, the Roman Republic, Frederick the Great, War of American Independence and others!

(in reply to Noakesy)
Post #: 3
RE: Map Issue - 5/2/2013 11:27:55 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pocus

Don't throw the baby with the bathwater

There might be a few errors in the map, but for the vast if not overwhelming majorities of facts & data, they are right, and yes, NCP is a good operational simulation of the Napoleonic Wars. Admittedly, this is all in my opinion!

The British Isles are there because you have a what if scenario on the invasion of Albion. Also, we planned the map to allows extra scenarios, like the Expedition to Ireland by France, in 1798.

edit: this AAR is in Spanish but you can look at the screenshots they are quite entertaining

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?28374-AAR-Operaci%F3n-Otarie/page4
warspite1

Yes, but they are pretty basic. Were there no British beta testers?

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 4
RE: Map Issue - 5/8/2013 10:16:48 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pocus

The British Isles are there because you have a what if scenario on the invasion of Albion.

If you call us Albion can we please have King Arthur and Merlin to defend us against the our hereditary enemy?

Game looks quite pretty though from the AAR

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 5/8/2013 10:24:10 PM >

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Napoleon's Campaigns >> Map Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI