Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/13/2013 8:36:19 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

I consider coastwatcher reports to be completely unreliable. When I started playing sandbox games to see what was really going on I noted that coastwatchers rarely provide solid intel. If they mention a specific ship, it is usually OK but most of the generic reports are just plain fiction. I think they spent their time drinking and made their reports just to keep HQ happy.

I am presently of the same frame of mind, a shame they are portrayed this way, as they are truly a brave bunch.

I refer only to the in-game version of coastwatchers. I know the RL ones were indeed brave and devoted to their duties. For one, Guadalcanal benefitted greatly from early warnings of air attacks from coastwatchers.

I have not yet begun to fight! OTOH I have not yet begun to flee. Hmmmmm - choices, choices -always with the choices.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 31
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/13/2013 9:01:22 PM   
zuluhour

I understood your meaning, I hope they are mentioned in my next read: The First Team at Guadalcanal. Aside from parachuting into occupied Europe I hold the coast watchers in awe. They surely must have known what fate could befall them. As it stands the IJN has landed and secured Shortland Is..I believe Paul may be back filling. I would guess the month of February will confirm or deny this.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 32
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/14/2013 1:33:47 AM   
zuluhour

February 2, 1942

China: Liuchow sector: Surrounded Chinese masses beat off another shock"ing" attack. Can they last long enough for relief to arrive???

Japanese ground losses:
2231 casualties reported
Squads: 71 destroyed, 111 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 25 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 63 disabled
Guns lost 43 (1 destroyed, 42 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
827 casualties reported
Squads: 9 destroyed, 143 disabled
Non Combat: 3 destroyed, 28 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 17 disabled
Guns lost 37 (2 destroyed, 35 disabled)

Malaya: Percival's command:Singapore: Shocked again, but holding, albeit thinnly.

Ground combat at Singapore (50,84)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 49460 troops, 590 guns, 347 vehicles, Assault Value = 1228

Defending force 29728 troops, 465 guns, 181 vehicles, Assault Value = 487

Japanese adjusted assault: 589

Allied adjusted defense: 809

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 2 (fort level 0)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(-), experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
4292 casualties reported
Squads: 24 destroyed, 201 disabled
Non Combat: 4 destroyed, 35 disabled
Engineers: 68 destroyed, 10 disabled
Guns lost 30 (4 destroyed, 26 disabled)
Vehicles lost 29 (9 destroyed, 20 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
1715 casualties reported
Squads: 105 destroyed, 54 disabled
Non Combat: 22 destroyed, 46 disabled
Engineers: 4 destroyed, 16 disabled
Guns lost 48 (16 destroyed, 32 disabled)
Vehicles lost 27 (11 destroyed, 16 disabled)
Units destroyed 1

Bataan:Is Douglas still there? More shock attacks. Tojo is blood thirsty! Fully 50% or more IJA assaults are of the shock variety, I can only hope weeks will be needed to reconstitute his formations.

round combat at Bataan (78,77)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 59572 troops, 805 guns, 518 vehicles, Assault Value = 1624

Defending force 31400 troops, 591 guns, 602 vehicles, Assault Value = 564

Japanese adjusted assault: 959

Allied adjusted defense: 1371

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 2 (fort level 3)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), leaders(+), experience(-)

Japanese ground losses:
9693 casualties reported
Squads: 218 destroyed, 305 disabled
Non Combat: 51 destroyed, 81 disabled
Engineers: 21 destroyed, 53 disabled
Guns lost 86 (30 destroyed, 56 disabled)
Vehicles lost 71 (11 destroyed, 60 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
1145 casualties reported
Squads: 56 destroyed, 56 disabled
Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 49 disabled
Engineers: 5 destroyed, 19 disabled
Guns lost 60 (7 destroyed, 53 disabled)
Vehicles lost 18 (4 destroyed, 14 disabled)

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 33
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/14/2013 3:37:29 AM   
zuluhour

February 3, 1942

Hawaii: While IJN sub activity has decreased dramatically over the course of January, one boat, I-4 (identified as) continues to launch on ASW patrols. Today we claim some hits on her.

SoPac: Orders given to Lexington and Enterprise with Yorktown in the rear. They have been trailed by subs for over a week, and we try to shake them. Saratoga heads for port, she has been operating in defense of New Zealand and Australia, patroling off Fiji and New Caladonia. She has some minor/major engine damage as well as building system damage. Cruiser flotillas will try and fill the void for now with occasional sub help. A small cruiser task force has orders to take Luganville under gun fire in the morning. Her approach appears undetected.

Bataan: Singapore: both get a reprieve from ground assaults.

China: Not so at Luichow.

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 2891 troops, 195 guns, 133 vehicles, Assault Value = 717

Defending force 35286 troops, 291 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 763

Japanese adjusted assault: 0

Allied adjusted defense: 737

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 99 (fort level 2)

Combat modifiers
Defender: preparation(-), experience(-)

Japanese ground losses:
529 casualties reported
Squads: 22 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 18 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 35 (4 destroyed, 31 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
117 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 6 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Burma: The IJA flies multiple recon missions over the country. The storm is coming....

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 34
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/14/2013 11:01:00 PM   
zuluhour

February 5, 1942

Hawaii: The opening act of PO-1, Operation Seagull is launched. Seaplane tenders Swan and Avocet depart Pearl on the fourth to establish a seaplane base for VP-24 departing this evening. The base should fill in a gaping hole on the north flank approaches of TFs heading for the Samoans. TF-176 and TF-191 depart tomorrow and the next day for the Tongas, although their route will take them far south of the equator for refueling before turning west to island chain. On board are US Marines and construction crews to secure the island to be used by the flying forts in the summer. They are Operation Early.

New Caladonia: CPT Showers on the bridge of Adelaide is due west of Noumea and closing to recon the harbor and hopefully catch some merchantmen napping in the night.

Gasmata: The IJA arrives as a detachment of survivors from the Rabaul garrison enter from the NE.

China: Another resounding victory over IJA forces in the south, but while the Chineese are dishing it out, they are losing ground everywhere. The IJA keeps coming back stronger and in more places. We are in deep trouble.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 35
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/15/2013 3:01:47 PM   
zuluhour

February 7. 1942

Washington: Negotiations with the Australians continue and we expect to release another brigade of experienced troops fresh from Africa by weeks end to southeast asia. News from London is bleak as Singapore falls with heavy losses. Over 16,000 go into captivity and all small craft left at the port are scuttled. Dutch forces on Java experience their first air raid.

Bataan: Supplies are now running out. It is doubtful they will survive much longer.

China: The situation is dire with surrounded units in the south and now two more corps are surrounded in the middle. Large IJA formations are attacking in the north as well.

Burma: IJA recon picks up while moral is hardly recovered at all. Two brigades of India III corp saved from Malaya take up positions at Imphal. Every available engineer is routed into two airfields in southern India. We need a level 7 field soon. Chinese divisions still remain at the border.

SoPac: Saratoga was rerouted back to Australia where she will make port within 48 hours. Cruiser raid off New Caladonia is a bust. OP Early and Seagull are well to sea. Two squadrons are packed and loaded on the west coast for transport to the assembly area in SoPac for later staging to Operation PO-1's AO.

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 5/15/2013 3:02:44 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 36
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/15/2013 11:47:59 PM   
zuluhour

February 8, 1942

General outline of phase I or PO-1. As can be ascertained by the developing battle plan, elements are in rout to objectives. The first of which is security.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 5/15/2013 11:48:36 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 37
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/16/2013 2:25:09 PM   
zuluhour

February 9, 1942

China: Most of the action centers here. North of the Yangtze three reinforced IJA divisions rout the Chinese 2nd and 22nd Armies near AnKang whille at Liuchow surrounded elements of three Armies and central reserve forces face annilation.

Dutch East Indies: The winds are blowing towards Java. The Dutch hunker down as best they can.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 38
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/17/2013 2:28:19 PM   
zuluhour

February 9, 1942

Bataan: It was admitted as much in the accompanying email with the turn that this was unintended:

Naval Gun Fire at Bataan - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

20 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
PB Teibo Maru #2, Shell hits 4, Mine hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AMC Kiyosumi Maru, Shell hits 2, Mine hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
AMC Akagi Maru, Shell hits 2, Mine hits 2, on fire
LSD Akitsu Maru, Mine hits 1
xAP Tango Maru, Mine hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
xAK Surabaya Maru, Mine hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
xAK Yamahuzi Maru, Mine hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
xAK Rasin Maru, Mine hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
xAK Havre Maru, Mine hits 1, on fire
xAK Hague Maru, Mine hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
xAK Chile Maru, Mine hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
xAK Tyuwa Maru, Shell hits 4, Mine hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Nagato Maru, Mine hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
xAK Teikoku Maru, Mine hits 1
xAKL Hotsukawa Maru, Mine hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
xAKL Biyo Maru, Mine hits 1, heavy damage

Japanese ground losses:
568 casualties reported
Squads: 10 destroyed, 8 disabled
Non Combat: 3 destroyed, 8 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 2 disabled

I show no sinkings as yet but hope there are. The deteriorating China situation coupled with the insanely weak BurCorp defense of Burma allows me feel a little better for the day with this error in navigation.

PacCom: More components of PO-1 at sea, I will elaborate next post.

Java: The Dutch fighter squadrons defending in the north are almost used up after two days of sweeps and raids.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 39
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/17/2013 2:31:44 PM   
obvert

Yeeouch!

Error, yes! Of course it's unintended, but that's why you study the map carefully there and use the hex side indicators and TF paths to know where things are headed! Where was he trying to land with those?

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 40
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/17/2013 3:35:05 PM   
zuluhour

I have not figured out what he was doing yet. Evacuating units for use elsewhere as Bataan is isolated and low on supply or bringing in occupation troops or engineers to Manila, I'm not sure. The turn is away but I had no visual on the TF after the combat replay. There was another TF which blundered into the mine fields right after the above one though.
TF 50 encounters mine field at Bataan (78,77)

Japanese Ships
PB Teibo Maru #2, Mine hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AMC Kiyosumi Maru, Mine hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
AMC Akagi Maru, Mine hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage

Japanese ground losses:
69 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 41
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/17/2013 3:37:12 PM   
zuluhour

February 9, 1942

China: Liuchow pocket: Time for a shock attacK??

Ground combat at Liuchow (74,55)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 30024 troops, 496 guns, 263 vehicles, Assault Value = 596

Defending force 33826 troops, 287 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 595

Japanese adjusted assault: 1

Allied adjusted defense: 353

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 353 (fort level 1)

Combat modifiers
Defender: preparation(-), experience(-)

Japanese ground losses:
661 casualties reported
Squads: 11 destroyed, 36 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 18 disabled
Engineers: 4 destroyed, 34 disabled
Guns lost 31 (3 destroyed, 28 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
127 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 15 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 8 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Guns lost 4 (2 destroyed, 2 disabled)

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 42
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/17/2013 9:17:32 PM   
zuluhour

February 10, 1942

China: Liuchow pocket: No attacks ordered. Supply would place the surround units in the .4 to .6 adjustment range against over 400 sighted AFVs in open terrain. The decision to try and pry open the NW entry to the city from the north west is ordered.

OpNav: Pearl Harbor: Operation Early: TF-176 and TF-191 merge and are currently 4250nm from the objective. As this does not include way points or refueling This OP will not make landfall before the waning days of February. Operation Seagull: TF-285 with supply and VP-24 are now 640nm NNE of the objective. TF-164 is 160nm out and should make landfall before dawn on the 11th. An additional freighter is 24 hours out with additional supply. New Operation: Stuart is at sea. The 46th construction Reg and 164th Infantry Reg are now well south of the west coast and in rout to the refeuling poit before changing course to due west. They are 4320nm out and 4600nm respectably. Support unit will begin to board on the west coast within the week.

India:RAF 221 HQ arrives on the coast of the Bay of Bengal. Aptly led by VAM Stevenson no change of command is needed. Fighter squadrons under his command (17th,135th,136th) are packed on trains and will arrive in theater and begin to deploy within the week. The coast along the Arakan is now being occupied and developed by fresh Brigades and armor.

Bataan: They must either be trapped or trying to effect a landing....?
Naval Gun Fire at Bataan - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

14 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
LSD Akitsu Maru, Shell hits 1, Mine hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Yamahuzi Maru, Mine hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Havre Maru, Mine hits 2, heavy damage
xAK Teikoku Maru, Shell hits 6, Mine hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage

Manila Bay Defenses firing at LSD Akitsu Maru
Manila Bay Defenses firing at xAK Teikoku Maru

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 50 encounters mine field at Bataan (78,77)

Japanese Ships
LSD Akitsu Maru, Mine hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Yamahuzi Maru, Mine hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Havre Maru, Mine hits 1, heavy damage
xAK Teikoku Maru, Mine hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 5/17/2013 9:18:41 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 43
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/18/2013 10:28:35 PM   
zuluhour

Staff Meeting: Zulu HQ: Sorsis Saloon: last booth on right:

The emporer mentioned he would be out of town for quick spell so we gather at a secure establishment known for killer bloodies and a fine eggs benedict (roasted aspargus with roasted spuds and fresh fruit on the side) to gather what we have and where we are going. Due to the exemplorary service by the bombastic propriater we only get through a small portion of the theater. Not to mention we were not going to let this women catch us with WITP-AE open on our command lap top!

We are however able to get a grip on Australia. Two major comcerns are apparent right away. Not enough ground crews and no fighters. The third concern arises quickly as well when we start to review the ground formations.
1.) There are at present, NO Aussie fighter squadrons. NONE. In the course of the next 32 days several will arrive but 2 will arrive in Yemen. Production on the Aussie P40 varient will not arrive in showrooms until April.
USAAF in Australia: 35th fighter group (75 P39s) less HQ sqd (at sea). ABDA squadrons of P40s due to withdraw in 30 days. (pilots were rotated in so if need be they are at least well trained if not veterans). 19th Bomb group (B17s). No USA or USAF ground crews, engineers, or HQs. We have to fix this fast.

2.) Australian troop training is slow. Until next month no INF '42 squads are available with none in the pools. They come out of training at a rate of 5500 a month. As can be seen below, the 1st,2nd,3rd,4th, and 5th divisions, in country, are equiped with militia squads and are far short on these as well. If thats not bad enough there is a dire shortage of both 2 pounders and 18 pounder guns. I am not going to get into tank production. Don't bother looking. I hope the those armored cars have bullet proof glass.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 5/18/2013 10:29:20 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 44
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/19/2013 3:05:12 AM   
BBfanboy

I count 5 mine hits on that LSD - easily the most valuable amphib ship the Japanese have at this time. It should be a reef by turn's end!

I have not yet begun to fight! OTOH I have not yet begun to flee. Hmmmmm - choices, choices -always with the choices.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 45
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/19/2013 4:58:07 PM   
zuluhour

I sure hope he lost some ships there. I still show no additional sunk ships. Must have been confusing to the gunners, One shot, five explosions.

I have decided in view of the Australian report to stock pile RA '42 inf squads (and come to think of it AT as well, I'm going to implement this to) and turn off upgrades to all in country divisions (I have to go back and do the same for the independent brigades) and let the Japanese decide where I need them the most. I would like to have 100 squads (1000+-) infantry replacements for the 6th division in India before commiting it in the pools.

TFs at sea as part of PO-1 are making about 250nm a day which puts their arrival at destinations in the first week of March. Seagull should be operational in 72 hours. Within a week we hope to begin deploying more ground crews into New Guinea. I want to support two full squadrons of fighters as well as search aircraft. As I expect the action there to be long and bloody I need to effect repairs quickly on the ac. Rotating fresh squadrons in and out will be the key.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 46
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/20/2013 3:32:56 AM   
DOCUP

Koniu sent a TF of DMS into Bataan and it took a long time for them to show up on the sunk ship list.  But good job working him over.  Love the updates.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 47
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/20/2013 7:29:14 PM   
zuluhour

February 12th 1942

Pacific:SoPac:SwPac: convoys ply open water. IJN radio traffic in sea lanes by New Zealand. Sub? INVASION?? Marine Def Bns shore up outlying posts.

Australia: cruiser patrol ordered for the south coast of New Guinea. Bomber raid ordered over IJN invasion on the northern coast.

India: Doing the best we can with what we have to defend the coast and the Burma frontier. 72 hours we will release another Australian brigade to southeast asia.

China: Relief effort under way to Liuchow. Chinese advance elements on the ouskirts of the city.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 48
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/21/2013 2:02:03 AM   
zuluhour

February 13, 1942

Pacific: Must be a sub north of New Zealand as Warspite surely would have been spotted entering Aukland. TFs for PO-1 are 1000nm closer. Subs have been overflying San Francisco and been rumored off San Diego for the past 72 hours. Over 150,ooo pts of supply and close to 40,ooo pts of fuel to reach Pearl shortly as we begin to build up CenPac.

Australia: 1 squadron of B17s hit Japs on the north shore of New Guinea. Live fire demonstration. Aussies clear a &^%$ load of mines from Darwin. How many mines can a IJN sub carry???

Java: IJA has taken southern Sumatra and is mopping up. Raids increasing on Java.

Burma: Cannot get moral up! 221 RAF HQ reaches Akyab. The majority of the ground crews still at Calcutta. 223 RAF will have to assist for a few months.

China: Liuchow pocket below.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 49
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/21/2013 5:02:33 AM   
BBfanboy

Subs flying over SFO! That is a secret weapon we had no intel on!
Have they torpedoed any of your training aircraft yet?

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 50
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/21/2013 5:47:32 PM   
zuluhour

Valentines Day: 1942

Bataan: The IJA is closing in, I hope to evac the recon squadron there tomorrow.

Ground combat at Bataan (78,77)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 57643 troops, 785 guns, 552 vehicles, Assault Value = 1592

Defending force 28339 troops, 547 guns, 590 vehicles, Assault Value = 383

Japanese adjusted assault: 829

Allied adjusted defense: 2049

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 2 (fort level 3)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), leaders(+), experience(-)

Japanese ground losses:
4019 casualties reported
Squads: 54 destroyed, 459 disabled
Non Combat: 6 destroyed, 71 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 40 disabled
Guns lost 59 (2 destroyed, 57 disabled)
Vehicles lost 38 (7 destroyed, 31 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
918 casualties reported
Squads: 26 destroyed, 19 disabled
Non Combat: 44 destroyed, 34 disabled
Engineers: 8 destroyed, 23 disabled
Guns lost 29 (13 destroyed, 16 disabled)
Vehicles lost 49 (5 destroyed, 44 disabled)

China: Heavy bombing in the Liuchow pocket. The Chinese have to hold another 48 hours to have a chance of a breakout or at least a retreat rout.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 51
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/21/2013 5:53:15 PM   
zuluhour

BB they might as well be flying submarines, I can't get a visual on 'em. I released a "Bolo" squadron from the east coast trained well in ASW to assist other assets in the San Diego area several days ago. They are ordered to fly patrols tomorrow. San Francisco has fewer dedicated ASW air assets but the port will not see much activity in the next ten days. 200,ooo pts of supply have already departed and are either unloading or in route. I'm glad he is using the sea planes for recon as it alerted me to their presence.

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 5/25/2013 11:02:55 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 52
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/21/2013 11:03:32 PM   
zuluhour

February 15,1942

Pacific: quiet.

Yemen: The Austalian government relents and the 19th brigade is released to southeast asia command.

China: The 45 Chinese corp is 1mi from the Nieuchow perimeter. Due east, 20th army group retakes Kweilin!

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 53
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/21/2013 11:17:38 PM   
DOCUP

I like using the Bolos as ASW the Hudson is a good ASW platform also.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 54
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/22/2013 7:19:40 PM   
zuluhour

Yes, the Hudson! Very versatile frame.

February 17,1942

PacCom: It's about awaiting TF's to get into SoPac, some are nearing the 50 yard line. Sub recons persist on the west coast but no spots by our ASW except the pesky I-4 commander whom has been dueling with the Taney and Hovey off Ohau.

Australia: Saratoga has 48 hours left pierside. She will link up with Yorktown somewhere north of New Zealand and assist with landing Marine raider Bns and construction crews.

Java: The focus shifts to Java. I replaced a Torpedo squadron CO who whould not fly, I did not want to spend PPs there.

India: 221 RAF squadrons unpacking in Calcutta. More engineers are working on the air complex now and it should reach 6 soon.

China: Advance elements break through to the garrison at Liuchow and open a rout north. A large formation is now approaching the center of the front and troops are redirected to the defense.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 55
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/22/2013 10:09:23 PM   
zuluhour

February 18, 1942

IJA forces land on Java. Dutch air attacks on the landing are brushed aside. Washington authorizes use of 3 PPs to reassemble Indian III Corp HQ in Yemen. They will appear in the next 26-30 days. III Corp will take over operational command in the Imphal sector. Calcutta is AF 5 (33%). Akyab is operational, but waiting on more ground crews. They are 2 days away by trail. Heavy IJA bombing at Liuchow. IJN lands in northern New Guinea. SitRep for north east Australia coming.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 56
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/23/2013 2:55:07 PM   
zuluhour

February 19, 1942

China: IJA forces assault Liuchow and are repulsed. I think we will escape the pocket. The amount of units attacking center is disturbing. I will never play without stacking limits again. I know it works both ways, but it reminds me of some old board games.

Australia: CV-3 is well to sea after repairs and her escorts upgrade. She makes for speed for CV-2. A small B17 raid is ordered over Rabaul on a port raid, more for a peek than anything else.

West Coast: SNAFU-FUBAR with transport convoy. Ordered to off load and get it right next time.

Java: Dutch airforce attacks beach head with heavy casualties. While expected, especially since they decide to fly after the Zeros begin capping the beach, I hoped they could plant something on the IJN.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 57
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/24/2013 4:12:24 PM   
zuluhour

February 20, 1942

Incredible levels of bombing at: Bataan and Lieuchow. First small raid comes in over Port Morseby, we decimate the Bettys. The apparent build up in shipping there along with the recent conquest of northern New Guinea is raising the alarm now. The ABDA squadron which honored itself over PM today is scheduled to withdraw soon. I'll harvest (re harvest) the pilots and switch in a II fighter command squadron in four to six days. P38s are in the pools as I finally had enough P400s to turn over to a training squadron. I just can not afford to use PPs for this and have to bide my time. The Dutch air force is almost used up after a week of action. Java is reeling under the IJA boot. China is a flurry of activity and I'll post a new map soon. The Liuchow pocket was opened and exposed and surrounded units escape north. I think the IJAF bombed their own recently aquired facilities today.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 58
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/24/2013 8:10:24 PM   
zuluhour

February 21, 1942

West Coast: Last units ear marked for PO-1 move to the docks and prepare to load in combat mode. Large convoy is 24 hours out on fast transports in the van. The ASW surface forces are tripled all along the coast as San Francisco gets the first look at an IJN sub. Some ASW trained second line bombers fly their first combat missions. One training squadron of P38s switches to the P400.

SoPac: Rear Area: The 164 Inf reg prepares to board in combat mode for the front. Fuel and supply are sufficient now to supply Australia and a build up in SoPac so long as the convoys make it through the blue water.

Australia: B17s report no hits over Rabaul, but the intel is valuable. 41st Patrol squadron of the 35th fighter group get their first dozen P38s, even before general distribution of the bird begins. The search begins for A-Team pilots. The rest of the 35th is on rails to the ever larger fields in the northeast. A new cruiser floatilla is ordered to relieve the current patrol off Noumea. CV-3 (Sara) should make port in the next 36 hours where she will join soon there after with Yorktown.

Java: The Dutch still rise to meet the Japanese. Heros all.

India: The 51st fighter group is assembling in western India. The last squadron is at sea in route. Fighters squadrons of 221 RAF stage into Burma.

China: This place is hot!

forgot to mention: At Rabaul: 38 ships at anchor, 5-F, 13-B, 12-aux.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 5/25/2013 11:03:46 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 59
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time - 5/25/2013 6:58:26 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

... Java: Dutch airforce attacks beach head with heavy casualties. While expected, especially since they decide to fly after the Zeros begin capping the beach, I hoped they could plant something on the IJN.

A bit late now but the TWITS at Zulu HQ (they still retain their jobs I hope) might want to consider my posts #354 and #356 in this thread:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2580654&mpage=12&key=naval%2Cattack�

Something to ponder on for the future perhaps.

Alfred

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: The Dark time Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI