Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!Reinforcements on the Frontline!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/4/2013 11:09:40 PM   
zuluhour

September 2, 1942

China: The right flank of the Yangtze holds again. I think I stifled his flank attempt to the west and possibly the north east as well. The fighting here has been the bloodiest of the war. Thousands have been dying on both sides for months.

Ground combat at Kweiyang (74,49)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 83908 troops, 1134 guns, 1029 vehicles, Assault Value = 1759

Defending force 90977 troops, 697 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2472

Japanese adjusted assault: 1233

Allied adjusted defense: 1169

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 0

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
8633 casualties reported
Squads: 112 destroyed, 190 disabled
Non Combat: 20 destroyed, 171 disabled
Engineers: 20 destroyed, 64 disabled
Guns lost 107 (11 destroyed, 96 disabled)
Vehicles lost 157 (26 destroyed, 131 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
3284 casualties reported
Squads: 23 destroyed, 250 disabled
Non Combat: 8 destroyed, 69 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 22 disabled
Guns lost 28 (4 destroyed, 24 disabled)
Units destroyed 1

Burma: The RAF and USAF stage major raids over Lashio. His supply lines must be hurting. The Australians may try a push south soon. It will be a week before the new P38 squadron becomes operational and I can go at Rangoon again. The B17 pools are empty. The new F models are being fitted out in the US. Same goes for the new Liberators. The Forts will sit in India as a reserve for now.

SwPac: The IJA assaults Darwin but our little defense group holds on day 1. There is much fatigue to the heavies and they rest and repair while Nells raid at night and tangle with Kittyhawks courtesy of the RCAF. Supply at Terapo is growing and soon we may be able to entrench a little. A squadron of B17s and P38s staged to the north coast and await recon before hitting Port Morseby which I believe to be almost abandoned.

Ground combat at Darwin (76,124)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 22151 troops, 234 guns, 32 vehicles, Assault Value = 688

Defending force 7321 troops, 77 guns, 44 vehicles, Assault Value = 174

Japanese adjusted assault: 33

Allied adjusted defense: 163

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 4 (fort level 4)

Combat modifiers
Defender: forts(+), leaders(+), experience(-)
Attacker: disruption(-)

Japanese ground losses:
1019 casualties reported
Squads: 3 destroyed, 64 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 11 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 10 disabled

Allied ground losses:
546 casualties reported
Squads: 18 destroyed, 34 disabled
Non Combat: 29 destroyed, 6 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Guns lost 6 (2 destroyed, 4 disabled)
Vehicles lost 22 (21 destroyed, 1 disabled)
Units destroyed 1

Assaulting units:
53rd Division
33rd Division

Defending units:
2/4 MG Battalion
19th Australian Battalion
2/2nd Ind Coy
Sparrow Battalion
Emery Point Fortress
2nd RAN Base Force
Northern Territory
1st Fgtr RAAF Wing
A/B Battery Heavy Coastal Artillery Regiment

SoPac: With the Fijis clear I look to the northwest. I have begun to recon IJ bases south of New Caledonia. There are troops on one of the islands. I hope they have enough rice. The Hornet is repairing quickly. She will need dry dock time but should be ship shape enough to make it home soon. Most of the damage was minor. I plan to stock pile fuel and supply in the Fijis and large convoys are at sea to accomplish this. The 27th infantry Div is at sea and will be followed by another in short order.

CenPac: Tabiteuea is cut off and only reachable by submarine. The SSTs are working hard as the Yamato visits like clockwork. The sub cordon is useless thus far. Baker tries to open a pier soon. We are doing some extensive minefields there to protect the small garrison, suddenly now, very important to the survival of the marines in the Gilberts.

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/5/2013 12:12:34 AM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 361
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/7/2013 1:20:29 AM   
zuluhour

September 3, 1942

NorPac: Only 2 months to winter and the airfield is only (1) 56%. Recon picks up an IJN CA at Adak. The Houston rides anchor at Dutch Harbor.

United States: Operation Wingfoot is under way. It is an exercise in logistics. By the end of the month, I will attempt to place two divisions, two naval base units, four USAF bomb groups, three USN bomb squadrons, four seaplane squadrons, multiple USA and USAF base forces, 5oo,ooopts of supply and 25o,ooo pts of fuel in SoPac-SwPac. The Arizona will remain on the west coast along with the South Dakota and Oklahoma for upgrades through the fall. The 221st and 222nd USN BFs will depart in 48 hours to help with the Hornet and Lexington before proceeding to Suva. The 27th Inf. Div. is in blue water heading southwest. The 40th Inf Div will be available in eight days if not to many other PPs are needed. After the 40th departs the west coast the the 38th, 308, and 43rd bomb groups will embark.

SwPac: Terapo swept by Zeros again, two transports unload, undetected and unmolested. Supply at 4,ooo+. Dutch subs penetrate Perth harbor and score hits on two AKs. I’m sure one went down.

Indian Ocean: See map. Our TFs, several large SAG and Air are spotted off shore of Colombo. What was he doing with the AP? Diego Garcia? No sign of IJN carriers. I think he’s trying to bait me.

Burma: The units of Burma Corp operating behind the IJA front lines has cut all the roads to Lashio and east. A large air raid is scheduled with recon tomorrow on the IJA positions NE of Lashio. I’d like to push with 6th Aussies if possible. P38s and P40Ks arriving.

China: Several corps attempt to flee west. Chungking is grossly over stacked and close to 7,oooav. The Chinese and US squadrons down 10 nasty Helens today for no losses. Ansi is retaken by Chinese forces in the north and are in pursuit of the japs. The battle for Kweiyang is reaching epic proportions.

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 78351 troops, 1127 guns, 1018 vehicles, Assault Value = 1306

Defending force 88662 troops, 688 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2220

Japanese adjusted assault: 740

Allied adjusted defense: 981

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 2 (fort level 0)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-), experience(-), supply(-)

Japanese ground losses:
6748 casualties reported
Squads: 275 destroyed, 161 disabled
Non Combat: 56 destroyed, 112 disabled
Engineers: 11 destroyed, 81 disabled
Guns lost 67 (13 destroyed, 54 disabled)
Vehicles lost 74 (45 destroyed, 29 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
1551 casualties reported
Squads: 9 destroyed, 157 disabled
Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 36 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 8 disabled
Guns lost 14 (2 destroyed, 12 disabled)

Ground combat at Ansi (80,23)

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 9495 troops, 38 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 279

Defending force 7767 troops, 64 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 177

Allied adjusted assault: 234

Japanese adjusted defense: 32

Allied assault odds: 7 to 1 (fort level 0)

Allied forces CAPTURE Ansi !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: preparation(-), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker: shock(+), leaders(-)

Japanese ground losses:
2015 casualties reported
Squads: 90 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 92 destroyed, 5 disabled
Engineers: 5 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 25 (25 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 3

Allied ground losses:
106 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 11 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Japanese adjusted assault: 740

Allied adjusted defense: 981

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 2 (fort level 0)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/7/2013 2:28:34 AM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 362
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/7/2013 11:50:54 PM   
zuluhour

September 4, 1942

CenPac: The USS Grayling is the first US sub to attack anything in a long time. She hits a large tanker coming and going at Truk, but duds both times. Some supply reaches Tabiteuea via sub but is meager at best. Another battleship readies for the trip east from Pearl for final repairs and refit. Operation WINGFOOT is now in full swing. Trains, planes, and ships are on the move.

SwPac: Darwin, Alice Springs, as well as Dutch Harbor and Chungking are hit by night raids. No attack at Darwin, he knows he does not need to rush. Weather at Terapo is lousy, the Zeros stay home. More supply, almost 5,ooo now at the base.

SoPac: Recon from Noumea finds Luganville empty!

Burma: B17s and Mitchells hit IJA positions in front of the 6th Australians. Not much to show for the tonnage dropped is visible to us. The RAF will try tomorrow.

China: See map.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/8/2013 12:51:26 AM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 363
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/8/2013 11:31:47 AM   
DOCUP

Where the hell is Ansi? Nice back ground on the pic.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 364
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/8/2013 9:46:53 PM   
zuluhour

Ansi is up north in China. I have japs everywhere!

September 5, 1942

Darwin falls, many escape south. Leaflets dropped by japs over Terapo.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/8/2013 10:47:24 PM >

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 365
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/11/2013 9:58:28 PM   
DOCUP

Bump No page 2 for you

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 366
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/11/2013 10:56:30 PM   
zuluhour

September 6-7, 1942

Burma: The RAF is beaten badly over Lashio as Zeros CAP the base. Blenhiems and Hudsons are shot down in droves. We lose 21 to none today. At least we only sent two squadrons in. Tomorrow we recon the Jap perimeter.

China: For two days, a steady stream of IJA bombers, fly over Chungking. Chinese interceptors have been unable to engage.

Pearl Harbor: The Tennessee will depart tonight for the west coast to finish repairs. She is still badly damaged, but seaworthy methinks.

**That's funny Joe, I started looking on page 2 because turns have been slow. Low and behold! Thanks mate!

China: Another attack on the Yangtze right flank:

Ground combat at 77,47 (near Chungking)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 84614 troops, 1110 guns, 296 vehicles, Assault Value = 1751

Defending force 64404 troops, 391 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1942

Japanese adjusted assault: 1038

Allied adjusted defense: 3703

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 3

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
5820 casualties reported
Squads: 85 destroyed, 430 disabled
Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 94 disabled
Engineers: 14 destroyed, 103 disabled
Guns lost 90 (2 destroyed, 88 disabled)
Vehicles lost 7 (1 destroyed, 6 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
967 casualties reported
Squads: 5 destroyed, 120 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 15 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 8 disabled
Guns lost 15 (2 destroyed, 13 disabled)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/12/2013 10:43:45 PM >

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 367
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/11/2013 11:07:41 PM   
DOCUP

Just had some free time.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 368
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/11/2013 11:29:00 PM   
zuluhour

Meanwhile on Oahu.....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/12/2013 12:29:26 AM >

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 369
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/13/2013 9:25:50 PM   
zuluhour

September 8, 1942

United States: Ports are busy.

CenPac: The Tennessee is well to sea. Sub transports will try and land some supply at Tabiteuea. The island is hit every three days by Yamato and friends. Some Kates show up, less than a dozen, to further the misery there.

SoPac: Ports busy loading and unloading, shuffling and building.

SwPac: The Darwin survivors harassed by the IJAF as they try to escape southeast.

India: No sign of the IJN with the exception of a lone sub operating northeast of Diego Garcia. Our searches are now greatly enhanced with the addition of the Dutch.

Burma: Fulmars and Vengeance aircraft are badly shot up outside Lashio. Just a few more days and I can bring the USAF to bare.

China: The fighting is continuous. The Chinese are holding.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 370
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/16/2013 10:29:16 PM   
zuluhour

September 9-10, 1942

There is little to report. The IJAF has stood down for the most part in China for the past few days. The Chinese continue to attack the IJA unit vacated from Ansi. A new IJA force is sighted coming west from Manchuria. Burma is quiet as well as the Indian Ocean. In Australia, the force Darwin is being hounded from the air. Terapo has been left alone. B17s attacked Rabaul at night yesterday for moral. P38s and recon ordered over Port Moresby for tomorrow. The 40th infantry division has been transferred and is rail heading. WINGFOOT is the largest Op in progress.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 371
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/18/2013 10:29:19 PM   
zuluhour

September 12, 1942

NorPac: IJN ships spotted NNW of Dutch Harbor, but well out to sea. The USS Houston weighs anchor to protect the port. A marine detachment is departing the west coast to further augment the garrison. The airfield is still a small strip (LV1) but should be rising in a week or two.

CenPac: The USS Tennessee is far out to sea and appears safe in mid Pacific on the way to the yards to join USS Arizona now 3 months from completion. Minelayers are returning to Baker with another 200 mines increasing the field to 400. Submarines unable to engage the heavy surface elements pounding Tabiteuea are ordered to hunt 240nm to the northwest. I hope to have better luck than the waters surrounding the islands. A highly dangerous mission is undertaken to mine Truk. One sub, in and out. Several seaplane tenders are ordered to establish a base just to the south of Tabiteuea. Baker gains a level 1 port giving the sub transports quick turnaround to the stranded marines.

United States: West coast ports are operating at max tonnage moving men, machines, and supply. Two divisions are at sea with many support units.

SoPac: Intel reveals the IJN may have abandoned some positions south of the Solomons. Recon confirms this. I am not in a reckless mood however and will await some reinforcements.

SwPac: IJA units moving on Terapo? I don’t think he knows how long the trek is. Lae must have been abandoned as it switches sides without a peep. When the japs are deep in the swamp in two or three days, the Forts may pay them a visit. I’m not sure why he gave up sweeping Terapo either. Outside Darwin, the defenders flushed from the town are out of visual range and making their way east. P38s sweep Port Moresby, but the strips are empty.

Burma: A tangled front line trace finally forces the IJA out of the central plains into the jungle. I think maybe I got to his supply lines, at last! I hope the 6th Aussies can wear down the IJA enough for an assault soon. IJAF CAP has been spot on in the Lashio AO and I intend on hitting a full field when I find it. I see nothing in central Burma and Rangoon shows 15F (cloudy skies). I have my eyes on a target across the border. See map.

China: The IJA appears to have three units approaching down the Yellow River now. Not much I can do. It is defended, but supply is gone. The Yangtze River line is on its last legs. I have great hope the 20th Army Group can somehow rout the defenders north of Chungking.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/18/2013 11:30:03 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 372
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/19/2013 1:46:55 AM   
Quixote

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour
SwPac: IJA units moving on Terapo? I don’t think he knows how long the trek is. Lae must have been abandoned as it switches sides without a peep. When the japs are deep in the swamp in two or three days, the Forts may pay them a visit.

I'd wait a little while longer before pointing out to him just how bad an idea this is. Let him walk all those guys another full hex towards Terapo then hit them with the bombers. You may not do much damage in that terrain, but you'll definitely burn his supply and slow his progress to a crawl. At that point it'll take him even longer to march everyone back to PM, and if he still decides to keep marching forward you'd have over a month to reinforce Terapo before he gets there anyway.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 373
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/19/2013 9:16:05 PM   
zuluhour

Sounds like good advice, I'll check for a few days. The Terapo position is favorable to me and I want to hold there. SwPac will be reinforced by three divisions with support soon.

Today the only actions are in the skies over Dutch Harbor where I believe the RCAF and USAF combined to get the upper hand in fighter melee's. There was heavy bombing on the Yangtze line and an arty duel in Burma. Right now is about moving units to the appropriate theaters. The Hornet is repairing nicely and the Lexington will be helped by the addition of 200 more naval squads soon.

Question of the day: How to allot the Fortresses and Liberators. East vs west so to speak. At present one bomb group (Forts) are (were transferred months ago) present in the CBI. Another group is scheduled (normal OOB) to arrive in some weeks. With the turn of events at Tabiteuea, I'm not sure I should send another group to the CBI or keep them for SwPac.

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/19/2013 10:19:36 PM >

(in reply to Quixote)
Post #: 374
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/21/2013 11:20:24 PM   
zuluhour

September 14, 1942

CenPac: Yamato and company hammer on the 9th Marines at Tabiteuea. Subs keep a little supply flowing. All merchants attempting the run have been deep sixed.

China: The IJA achieve a break through north of Kweiyang. The situation is fluid for China though and I expect to harass his rear in October. The 20th Army group is approaching their jump off point for the counter attack on Kienko. Along the Yellow river, Chinese units are pushed back handily.

SoPac: The 27th Division reaches its half way point and refuels for the last leg to Australia.

United States: The USS Tennessee is half way home.

NorPac: IJN destroyers still spotted in the Bering Sea.

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/22/2013 12:22:50 AM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 375
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/24/2013 8:34:13 PM   
zuluhour

August 15-17, 1942

NorPac: Nells raid for two nights, no damage done. I think we bagged a few with AAA. Sweeping Zeros on the 15th lose one of the six that make the trip. The Houston, on patrol just off shore of Dutch Harbor bump into three IJN DDs in bad weather at night. While the Houston is hit four times, there is no apparent damage in the morning of the 17th.

CenPac: Tabiteuea is hit by the Yamato and four friends at night again on the 16th. I-3 hits Grayback with a fish off the reefs. She is in trouble trying to return to Pearl. Several Kates raid every so often, we set our watches to them.

Burma: On the 15th, Hurricanes hit Mandalay. The fields are empty. The USAF, rotating B25 squadrons hit the IJA 4th Guards outside Lashio two out of every three days. The 1st Gloucestershire Bn is forcibly removed from their blocking position on the Mandalay to Lashio road. They will be pounded from the air for the next two days in the jungle. Morning on the 17th finds Mandalay CAP and the Hurricanes lose the skirmish .The RAF does manage to break through whats left of the CAP and apply 63 hits to the airbase with one lost raider. B25s hit the 4th Guards again while B17s bomb Rangoon for 66 hits against no fighter opposition and light flak. P38s snap pictures.

China: Three IJA divisions shock across the Yellow River positions and rout the Chinese formation. Chinese attempts to oust IJA units in the mountain passes north of Ankang, at Ankang, and Ansi are all repulsed. The supply is situation is crippling. In three days of combat the IJA opens the road to Chungking from Kweiyang. The perimeter is now around the Capital. A large army is cut off to the southeast. The 21st Army Group will attempt to cut supply and retake Kweiyang while the 20th Army Group has reached its jumping off point against Kienko. Many formations fleeing west. Most are broken and at fractional strength.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 376
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/25/2013 9:39:50 PM   
zuluhour

September 18, 1942

China: The Chinese attempt to dislodge the IJA outside Ankang is repulsed again. I think that the IJA will break first. I have to many soldiers engaged.

Burma: A large strike is planned for tomorrow I am hoping for good weather as ground crews work over some tired aircraft.

NorPac: See map

SwPac: See map. The Darwin garrison is taking a terrific beating trying to flee to the southeast.

SoPac: The Hornet and Lexington remain undiscovered in their Lagoon as repairs continue.

CenPac: The Yamato and friends show up but only manage 5 casualties and a couple of hits. Granted, there is not much left to hit.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/25/2013 10:40:50 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 377
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/25/2013 9:40:54 PM   
zuluhour

Ocean areas:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/25/2013 10:41:30 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 378
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/25/2013 9:41:28 PM   
zuluhour

New Guinea:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/25/2013 10:42:03 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 379
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/26/2013 2:39:58 AM   
DOCUP

How many troops do you have at Terapo? Sync bug with the Huston?

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 380
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/29/2013 12:38:32 AM   
DOCUP

Bump

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 381
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/29/2013 1:48:48 AM   
zuluhour

Thanks Joe, Paul is changing his system for the second time this game. We have sync bugs and more. He's on his third email address as well.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 382
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/29/2013 10:38:24 AM   
JocMeister

Me and Erik have been getting sync bugs almost daily lately. Nowadays I always read the CR before watching the replay which kind of ruins a lot of the fun. But it would suck to spend an hour looking at a replay that then turns out to be completely bogus. Have done that before...

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 383
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/29/2013 3:25:19 PM   
zuluhour

I may have figured it out. We started playing Andy Mac's scenario #2 on the latest Beta, I don't think Paul loaded the scenario info. We'll see.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 384
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/29/2013 3:52:35 PM   
zuluhour

September 19, 1942

This is game is now running goofy. Unless Paul can reload the proper files and get us back on track, I am going to concentrate on another match. I’m just a user and have limited ability insofar as programs are concerned. I wish I could help more but I can’t and I find the whole Windows operating system frustrating. I just grew up on MAC. My wife is a designer and my early exposure to machines was on the Apple’s systems. It’s bad enough with all the corporate security on my work machines causing endless calls to IT to sort out this and that, I don’t want to deal with it at home. This is just a rant but I do spend a lot of time with this game (bought a machine just to play it) and I don’t feel like &^%$*&^ around with back ground chaff constantly. This said, Kudo’s to all the Beta work (Michael, DaBabes guys, Andy, JohnIII etc.. This is not what I am referring to. I’m just pissed I have a long weekend and we can’t play again. Can you hear the Whining?

NorPac: IJN destroyers return to Dutch Harbor. One is sunk, another heavily damaged. The Houston escapes injury. One US DD sustains minimal damage. The Houston is ordered on a limited pursuit if the the one IJN DD is limping enough to catch before getting under Adak’s CAP.

CenPac: One minelayer is sunk by Bettys off Baker loaded with mines. This does not hurt as much as both seaplane tenders going down to six Bettys in thunderstorms hours from Arorae. Small packets of supply continue to arrive to the 9th marines by sub. A powerful IJN taskforce of battleships is spotted east south east of Tarawa. USS Fox finds I-21 in Hawaiian waters and reports heavy damage on the sub but cannot force her to the surface. Grayling escapes ASW efforts off Truk.

SwPac: Fortresses place another 24 hits on Port Moresby.

Burma: Vengeance DBs on an intended milk run run into 34 Zekes over Shwebo and pay for it. It was our first attack there. Recon shows 130 fighters at Prome. This is a new development as we recon there often.

China: A large shock attack by the IJA fail to dislodge the surrounded Army SSE of Chungking,

Ground combat at 77,47 (near Chungking)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 80452 troops, 1110 guns, 296 vehicles, Assault Value = 1439

Defending force 62530 troops, 360 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1783

Japanese adjusted assault: 1091

Allied adjusted defense: 1636

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 2

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), supply(-)

Japanese ground losses:
12593 casualties reported
Squads: 333 destroyed, 207 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 143 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 143 disabled
Guns lost 57 (7 destroyed, 50 disabled)
Vehicles lost 20 (1 destroyed, 19 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
1454 casualties reported
Squads: 9 destroyed, 193 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 17 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 11 disabled

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/29/2013 6:51:21 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 385
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/29/2013 4:43:03 PM   
Cannonfodder

Thats a good victory Zulu, an entire division worth of rifle squads destroyed...

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 386
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/29/2013 4:55:55 PM   
zuluhour

The IJA has suffered over 1,ooo destroyed squads in the last 30 days, yet they press onward. I am beginning to regret sending 20th Army group to counter attack in the north instead of holding in the south. Perhaps the 26th Army group can cause enough disruption in the south to enable a long siege of Chungking.

(in reply to Cannonfodder)
Post #: 387
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/29/2013 8:17:17 PM   
zuluhour

We are back in action. No bugs or errors reported. Although every sub at Pearl suffered system damage and is at pier side. The screen does not show refitting either.

September 20, 1942

NorPac: USS Houston catches IJN destroyer fleeing west. While placing a severe hurting on her, she escapes to the west at sunrise and the USS Houston follows only to get three fish from Bettys out of Adak. Bad move on HQ’s part. She will attempt to get home with RCAF and USAF cover.

CenPac: Tabiteuea hit again by Yamato and company. Large IJN TF spotted from Baker. General Quarters!

Burma: P38s sweep Prome but no one comes up to tangle.

China: The mountain passes are ours. Chinese units rout the defenders west. The Chinese are in pusuit. EDIT: The victory SSE of Chungking was on the 19th.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/29/2013 9:20:07 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 388
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/29/2013 8:18:08 PM   
zuluhour

CenPac:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/29/2013 9:18:44 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 389
RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 - 11/29/2013 11:32:17 PM   
zuluhour

September 21, 1942

NorPac: USS Houston makes 40nm closer to home. It should help the CAP.

CenPac: A handful of flat tops are spotted from Baker NNE loitering between Baker and Tabiteuea. The 9th marines takes another 40 pts of supply. Ground crews reach Canton where many naval aircraft and crews await repair. An AVP is diverted from “F” to Arorae. I want that seaplane base.

China: China stands tall today and slaps Japan in the face. While the capital is all but cut off, the 26th Army group crosses the Yangtze and crushes the garrison. On their right flank the 4th War Area eliminates Japanese resistance to the west of Kweiyang while the 20th raises the flag over the city. Outside Ansi the Chinese grind down the IJA Rgt to dust.

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 52327 troops, 263 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1359

Defending force 16862 troops, 140 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 268

Allied adjusted assault: 376

Japanese adjusted defense: 159

Allied assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 0)

Allied forces CAPTURE Kweiyang !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), op mode(-), preparation(-)
Attacker: shock(+), supply(-)

Japanese ground losses:
6829 casualties reported
Squads: 110 destroyed, 26 disabled
Non Combat: 161 destroyed, 72 disabled
Engineers: 35 destroyed, 12 disabled
Guns lost 98 (68 destroyed, 30 disabled)
Units retreated 2

Allied ground losses:
1216 casualties reported
Squads: 11 destroyed, 126 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 13 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 14 disabled

Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!

Perhaps even bigger news, the surrounded Chinese Army south east of Chungking holds the line again!

Ground combat at 76,47 (near Chungking)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 99337 troops, 1069 guns, 1041 vehicles, Assault Value = 2021

Defending force 76404 troops, 351 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1631

Japanese adjusted assault: 1566

Allied adjusted defense: 883

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), disruption(-), experience(-), supply(-)

Japanese ground losses:
10020 casualties reported
Squads: 133 destroyed, 554 disabled
Non Combat: 3 destroyed, 135 disabled
Engineers: 4 destroyed, 86 disabled
Guns lost 123 (13 destroyed, 110 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
3887 casualties reported
Squads: 19 destroyed, 326 disabled
Non Combat: 4 destroyed, 68 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 28 disabled
Guns lost 25 (3 destroyed, 22 disabled)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 11/30/2013 12:37:36 AM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Zuluhour vs Zigurat666: Summer of '42 Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI