iOS wargames

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Kuokkanen

iOS wargames

Post by Kuokkanen »

What wargames do we have for iPhone? We can discuss iPad games too.

This one looks promising... I could need new iPhone to run that. Or maybe it is time to get iPad...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
rodney727

RE: iOS wargames

Post by rodney727 »

Hi Matt . Huge iPad fan here. I have not played mech warrior in awhile not since my ps1 days. I saw this also. It looks good. Panzer corps and commander the Great War are comming to the iPad. BA is one of my favorite games that slitherine has put out for the iPad . Legion is also a very good game.
ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

What wargames do we have for iPhone? We can discuss iPad games too.

This one looks promising... I could need new iPhone to run that. Or maybe it is time to get iPad...
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

I have not played mech warrior in awhile not since my ps1 days. I saw this also. It looks good.
To me MechWarrior: Tactical Command looks closer match to MechCommander serie...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

Rogo727,

Would TOAW III be suitable for an iPad? I suspect it would. If I remember correctly, Ralph was playing around with connecting his computer to an iPad. That is - running TOAW III on his computer but controlling the game from his iPad. I do not know how big a step it is between that and running the game on the iPad itself.

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
carnifex

Post by carnifex »

Has anyone checked out or played this Civil War game? Minus for the "cute" graphics, plus for hexes :)

http://ipadboardgames.org/2013/civil-war/

rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

The truth of the matter is any game can be played on the the ipad...but you are right toaw would be a great game for the iPad ! I promised slitherine that I wouldn't post anymore on how to run their company... But this would be an awesome game to bring new wargamers into. I am sorry that I have offended you in the past. I got caught up in the moment. And for that I truly apologize not only to you but to but the whole in tire matrix forum. I'm extending an olive branch out to everyone. I hope you accept my apology.
ORIGINAL: shunwick

Rogo727,

Would TOAW III be suitable for an iPad? I suspect it would. If I remember correctly, Ralph was playing around with connecting his computer to an iPad. That is - running TOAW III on his computer but controlling the game from his iPad. I do not know how big a step it is between that and running the game on the iPad itself.

Best wishes,
Steve
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Yes it,is fun. Wish however they started out with Shiloh or bull run. If you like this game you should check out tank battles 1944. Should point out that slitherine and haunted cow has teamed up for some project . Haunted cow is making a big deal about it while slitherine has little to say on it. Please Iain can you tell us more?
[quote]ORIGINAL: carnifex

Has anyone checked out or played this Civil War game? Minus for the "cute" graphics, plus for hexes :)

http://ipadboardgames.org/2013/civil-war/

[/quote
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

The truth of the matter is any game can be played on the the ipad...but you are right toaw would be a great game for the iPad ! I promised slitherine that I wouldn't post anymore on how to run their company... But this would be an awesome game to bring new wargamers into. I am sorry that I have offended you in the past. I got caught up in the moment. And for that I truly apologize not only to you but to but the whole in tire matrix forum. I'm extending an olive branch out to everyone. I hope you accept my apology.

Rogo727,

Best wishes,
Steve

Rogo727,

I was not offended by anything you said to me and I do understand that you were getting it in the neck from a lot of people and much heat was generated. However, I still think your suggestion of adding lashings of dark chocolate syrup on top of strawberry and banana ice cream was both evil and despicable. ... and tasty...

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I was told not say lol fowled by and ! But sorry lol! That was funny.

Rogo727,

Best wishes,
Steve

Rogo727,

I was not offended by anything you said to me and I do understand that you were getting it in the neck from a lot of people and much heat was generated. However, I still think your suggestion of adding lashings of dark chocolate syrup on top of strawberry and banana ice cream was both evil and despicable. ... and tasty...

Best wishes,
Steve
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

OMG... How I want a banana split right now

And... glad to see all the tempers going into remission

Now, how about some games for my Kindle Fire? I feel so alone and... sniff... unwanted....
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Check out small general eastern front on google play. This devopler has many fine games that I wish were on the iPad.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

I went through my computer magazines, and found what I was looking for: (short) list of iPad games. Among those is Battle of the Bulge, operational level wargame about you-know-what. Hunters 2 is said to be turn based tactical combat like UFO and X-COM series, and that is also available for iPhone. Has anyone in here played those games? Should rest of us buy those already?

What comes to PC games, there are tablets with Windows operating systems. If desktop/laptop PC games work on those, no need to make conversions for iOS nor Android machines. Is that not the case?

MekWars
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I have battle of the bulge and it is probably the best wargame made for the iPad now (sorry slitherine). While there is only two scenarios one long and one short no two games are ever the same. While with "splashtop" you can play any game you have on your computer with your iPad . While this is a new market and slitherine is just now discovering a whole new world with tablet gamming. If they did sell 200,000 copies of panzer corps on the PC just think how many "copies " they would sale in a market of over 50 million apple users? While it takes time to convert the file over the iOS I would much rather play a panzer corps that was made for the iPad then have to remote my computer to play the game. Hope this helps.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
U2

Post by U2 »

I have battle of the bulge and it is probably the best wargame made for the iPad now (sorry slitherine). While there is only two scenarios one long and one short no two games are ever the same. While with "splashtop" you can play any game you have on your computer with your iPad .

I have it and I agree with you. Good stuff. Can't wait for the next one.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I'd like to keep this thread up on top so every day I will list my favorite games to play that are available for download. First up is tank battles 1944. Anyone have this?
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

First up is tank battles 1944. Anyone have this?
I searched iStore for that, and found Tank Battle: 1944. Looks like Steel Panthers type game many in this forum are craving for.

MekWars
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

iPanzer 1942 and 1945 scratch the itch for me while I'm waiting on the iOS Panzer Corps and CTGW.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

You should check out Wodins post on ace patrol! This game looks good due out May 9th!
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

When they first released this game I was not impressed, however with the updates it has a real "panzer general" feel to it.. it is getting better I will admit.
ORIGINAL: TheGreatRadish

iPanzer 1942 and 1945 scratch the itch for me while I'm waiting on the iOS Panzer Corps and CTGW.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
wodin

Post by wodin »

Not my post:)..but boy this is what upsets me about tablets..I can't play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[;)][:D]

Oh and John Butterfield was involved in that Bulge game..so you really can't go wrong. He is the sort of designer Slitherine should be getting involved in making games for them...here..now!

You should check out Wodins post on ace patrol! This game looks good due out May 9th!

Return to “General Discussion”