Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/1/2013 7:24:31 AM   
denisonh

Of course the most active forum is the "not so beer and pretzels" WITP-AE. The unknown is what the sales/profit data for WITP-AE compared to the others......

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 61
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/1/2013 9:50:55 AM   
LoBaron

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy
Seems to me that here, in WITP forum, we've created a kind of a sub-community of our own...

I always regarded the other matrix games forums as minor sub-communities of the WitP forums.

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 62
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/1/2013 8:19:09 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Re: the General Forum-I could take it or leave it. There are a few pleasant chaps. One of them, I'll just call him HMS Resolution1, is a very pleasant chap. Another, I'll call him Permanutsy, is also entertaining. Their banter makes the General Forum worth dipping an occasional toe into. 90% of the General Forum stuff is just tripe.

warspite1

An R-class???? Oh CB you cut me real deep

Okay folks, settle down. I have arrived. Things will change, for the better I might add. Beginning yesterday prize's will be awarded for the most thoughtful and entertaining post.

Carry on.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 63
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/1/2013 8:20:30 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

quote:

Re: the General Forum-I could take it or leave it. There are a few pleasant chaps. One of them, I'll just call him HMS Resolution1, is a very pleasant chap. Another, I'll call him Permanutsy, is also entertaining. Their banter makes the General Forum worth dipping an occasional toe into. 90% of the General Forum stuff is just tripe.

warspite1

Okay folks, settle down. I have arrived. Things will change, for the better I might add. Beginning yesterday prize's will be awarded for the most thoughtful and entertaining post.

Carry on.

Will this also mean there will be 'prize's' for the best / worst punctuation, grammar or syntax used in posts?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 64
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/1/2013 8:26:27 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

Carry on.

Well, I win that every day. It'll be nice to start getting my due accolades.

Darwin has his eye on me.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 65
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/1/2013 8:35:35 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Carry on.
warspite1

Thank-goodness parusski is here to sort this out. Good luck, we are all counting on you.

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 66
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/1/2013 9:11:05 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Carry on.
warspite1

Thank-goodness parusski is here to sort this out. Good luck, we are all counting on you.

Soojan say:

I like Parruski. He is my friend.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 67
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/1/2013 9:27:17 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Carry on.
warspite1

Soojan say:

I like Parruski. He is my friend.
warspite1

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 5/1/2013 9:58:41 PM >

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 68
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/1/2013 11:45:52 PM   
kaleun

WIF?

They should just work on WITP 2!

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to mullk)
Post #: 69
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/2/2013 3:17:09 PM   
SuluSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

WIF?

Shipping with no AI cost them one purchase at the very least.

On topic, this part of the forum is fantastic. At times I'm amazed by the wealth of knowledge exhibited here. I count many of the regulars and even some I haven't seen online for awhile as my friends whether they like it or not.

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 70
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/2/2013 4:03:51 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

Hear hear. I won't go to a totally new 'system' without an AI option. Promises about the AI to come down the line? I'll wait. With all due respect, there have been SOOOO many software releases that over promise and don't (ever) deliver, that I'll just have to wait.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 71
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/2/2013 4:05:13 PM   
mullk

Unfortunately I will without doubt get the award for worst punctuation, spelling, grammar. I never understood language very well. I did however excel greatly at the physical sciences especially electronics. I actually received an F for intro/remedial English in collage because I write like I talk. I still don't know written English at all, can't tell the difference spoken and written. I was awesome with reading and understanding Tech manuals just don't ask me to write even a sentence in one...

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 72
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/2/2013 4:06:49 PM   
mullk

Hear, Hear on WITP 2. I'd sign up today...

(in reply to mullk)
Post #: 73
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/2/2013 5:00:54 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: mullk

Well, Matrix/S. management made a BIG deal in the responses in the pricing thread in saying they put up front money for some projects and are NOT only a publisher of games brought to them in finished state.

Sooooooo . . . . what game is more worthy of funding than WITP2?

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 5/2/2013 5:01:23 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to mullk)
Post #: 74
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/2/2013 9:23:37 PM   
Numdydar

quote:

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

WIF?

On topic, this part of the forum is fantastic. At times I'm amazed by the wealth of knowledge exhibited here. I count many of the regulars and even some I haven't seen online for awhile as my friends whether they like it or not.

Really? That is too bad, because I think the game looks great . The AI will be released as part of a free patch so it seems to me there is no reason not to buy it sooner than later.

Of course I already own War in Eurpoe by Decision Games that also does not have an AI (and never will as far as I can tell) and it is still fun to play. So I would not consider getting a game just because it did not have an AI. But we can just agree to disagree and still have fun in our different ways

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 75
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/3/2013 12:02:14 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar
so it seems to me there is no reason not to buy it sooner than later.

Umm...no. It seems to me there is no reason not to buy it later rather than sooner. When (if?) any AI patch comes out, there will be time to listen to reviews of the AI while other bugs are getting taken care of.

There is little incentive to rush into big games like this-particularly new constructs-before they've been debugged.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 76
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/3/2013 12:05:55 AM   
Terminus

I'm still not convinced that MWiF will ever be released, but if it is, any AI patch will take a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to arrive.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 77
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 5/3/2013 12:07:19 AM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: mullk

Well, Matrix/S. management made a BIG deal in the responses in the pricing thread in saying they put up front money for some projects and are NOT only a publisher of games brought to them in finished state.

Sooooooo . . . . what game is more worthy of funding than WITP2?

Money up front? Certainly didn't happen for AE.

Or I wasn't given any, at least.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 78
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI