Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 10:52:13 AM   
GreyJoy

This morning i wasn't exactly in the mood for work... you know, it's monday...
However, after posting on my AAR thread and went reading some other threads here in our forum, i went taking a look at the General Discussion forum...
It's been a while since i went there and i found a HUGE and harsh discussion about Matrix pricing policies... tones were really rude and people opened some 7 threads about it... so many that Matrix Staff felt to post a thread on their own and made it stiky!
Anyway, i don't care much about that topic... but, reading those threads, i just found something weird...

Even if this sub-Forum is the most active in the whole lot of matrixgames sub.forums, almost noone of the regular posters here seems to care about that "pricing thing" that is mounting on the general discussion forum. Is that we are so busy playing this jewel of a game that we don't have time to argue about anything else?

Seems to me that here, in WITP forum, we've created a kind of a sub-community of our own...
Post #: 1
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 10:59:03 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

However, after posting on my AAR thread and went reading some other threads here in our forum, i went taking a look at the General Discussion forum...
It's been a while since i went there and i found a HUGE and harsh discussion about Matrix pricing policies... tones were really rude and people opened some 7 threads about it... so many that Matrix Staff felt to post a thread on their own and made it stiky!
Anyway, i don't care much about that topic... but, reading those threads, i just found something weird...

Even if this sub-Forum is the most active in the whole lot of matrixgames sub.forums, almost noone of the regular posters here seems to care about that "pricing thing" that is mounting on the general discussion forum. Is that we are so busy playing this jewel of a game that we don't have time to argue about anything else?

Seems to me that here, in WITP forum, we've created a kind of a sub-community of our own...

as much as I didn't care about what AE has cost I don't care about the other forum sections. Probabably would have easily spent twice the price for AE, only because I owned WITP though and back then when I bought WITP it was something like 100 US$ and back then - not knowing what a great game it was - I was really thinking twice about buying it when all other games where 50% cheaper at that time.

The only other sub section I have been to was Bombing the Reich, but never posted there IIRC and total forum time was 99.99999% in the WITP and AE section.

WE ROCK!

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 11:11:02 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

as much as I didn't care about what AE has cost I don't care about the other forum sections. Probabably would have easily spent twice the price for AE, only because I owned WITP though and back then when I bought WITP it was something like 100 US$ and back then - not knowing what a great game it was - I was really thinking twice about buying it when all other games where 50% cheaper at that time.

The only other sub section I have been to was Bombing the Reich, but never posted there IIRC and total forum time was 99.99999% in the WITP and AE section.

WE ROCK!

me too. If i think how much i played AE, the cost of this game is really the meaningless.
and, despite sometimes i bought some other Matrix games (FOW, BTR, WITE, CoG), i never spent more than a couple of hours playing them... AE is simply much much much better.

Probably only WiTW will attract my interest when it will go gold

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 3
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 11:14:07 AM   
JocMeister

While Matrix games ARE pretty expensive I have never regretted a buy. I only own 4 games WITP/AE/EDtBR/WITE but I feel they were all worth the price!

Post #: 4
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 11:55:33 AM   
hartwig.modrow

quote:

WE ROCK!

+1

quote:

me too. If i think how much i played AE, the cost of this game is really the meaningless.
and, despite sometimes i bought some other Matrix games (FOW, BTR, WITE, CoG), i never spent more than a couple of hours playing them... AE is simply much much much better.

Just the same over here. But actually, AE is the reason why I buy other matrix games (just did that with Pride on Nations, which may be a source for the current storm of emotions running wild). I want to keep Matrix in business until WitP II is published.

Hartwig

Edited for formatting

< Message edited by hartwig.modrow -- 4/29/2013 11:56:59 AM >

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 5
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 11:58:34 AM   
Alfred

1. There is a small group of regulars who dominate the postings in the General Discussion forum.

2. That small group is smaller than the regulars who post on the AE forum and more often than not their posts are content free zones. There is very little cross forum postings.

3. AE regulars clearly spend time playing AE. For many of the General Discussion regulars, despite their often boisterous claims, it is not obvious that they actually spend much time playing games. Very few seem to be interested in the more complex Matrix games, nor do they seem to apply themselves to coping with complexity.

4. Far too many over there just like to bump up their post numbers. Consequently they love to repeat ad infinitum sterile positions, tilting at windmills (as if the current Slitherine management is going to change any of the practices which they have run for the last decade), and availing themselves of being unnecessarily abusive to each other which they may think is humorous but in fact is not at all.

5. People come to the AE forum for assistance in how to play the game. Newbies generally receive prompt and polite attention. Most threads here are content full. This all sets a certain unspoken standard which is generally adhered to whereas there is no focus on the General Discussion forum.

6. I'm certain most of the AE regulars have a view on Sitherine's pricing policy. But it is a pointless subject to discuss. AE regulars don't regularly splurge out on buying too many other Matrix products per annum. The unit cost is high but the cost per gaming hour is incredibly low so what is the point of complaining. The amortisation cost of AE is incredible low; those on the General Discussion forum who complain have much higher amortisation costs because of the nature of the games they purchase and their too easy cast off approach.

7. I've tried to follow Slitherine's pricing arguments and they are just plain wrong but their error will not be obvious to them for several years. They conflate initial stock pricing with back catalogue pricing. They fail to directly address links to other game developers/publishers who demonstrate their product life cycle revenues which contradict Slitherine's position. Those are links to other so called "niche" markets/products too. No other industry operates how Slitherine claims market demand and supply operates. No marketing class supports Slitherine's assertions. But ultimately it is all irrelevant. If I want a game of the standard of AE I have no option but to come here (hint hint Symon there would be a true niche market for a commercial version of DaBabes) and because of the factors mentioned in point 6, the cost is acceptable.

8. And no, I'm not really interested in going over the same sterile arguments re pricing here.

Alfred

Post #: 6
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 1:02:42 PM   
geofflambert

1. I had to cash in my 401k to pay for this game.

2. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I'm sure I'll never get my moneys worth back no matter how many hours each day of each week of each year I waste on this ridiculous game.

3. My diet is restricted to grits and grasshoppers because I didn't invest that money properly

4. I had to put my aged mother out on the street because of the financial stress this addiction has put me into.

5. While I'm waiting for my stupid opponent to get his turn done I walk around the streets collecting cigarette butts to sell to homeless people in order to have enough money pay for the electricity to run my computer.

6. Because of this game I steal change from the church collection plate and I didn't even go to church before.

7. I've been known to steal lollipops from little girls in order to have the energy to push my mouse around.

8. Mmmmm, mouse. I wonder how much protein there is in my mouse? My famished cat is watching it jealously even at this moment. Mmmmm, wouldn't a little cat be yummy?

Darwin has his eye on me.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 7
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 1:04:14 PM   
janh

This forum is generally a good place to come to and the going here is pretty much always very friendly. The stuff that's shared, be it off-topic and fun, helpful game related or simply WW2 related things is usually either entertaining, or even interesting. There is rarely harsh criticism (of AE or other stuff) here, and if there is, the discussion usually very civil and often strives to be grounded on facts. I think this forum is not exactly typical in that sense.

Regarding price policies and other Matrix stuff... I am very happy with Matrix and all the Matrix games are bought up till now. So far they never promised anything they couldn't uphold. I knew what I was buying when I came to the decision as I usually research my potential buys very carefully. For AE, no question, this forum and the posted AARs contributed largely to help my decision. So when I buy, I think I know what I will buy, and I have accepted any drawbacks, be it outdated graphics, lack of modding caps or scripted AI's. That doesn't mean some aspects couldn't be improved in patches or successors, and that one sh-/c-ouldn't point to that, but it's not right to attack Matrix if you knew what you were getting into. Nor if you were too lazy to research this beforehand.

Matrix thus far ranks first in the few companies that I still buy games from. A good many have "convinced" me to search for alternatives in the past couple years due to policy changes (esp. need to online-activation or being online to start or play the game), lack of true new features in successors, or simply poor new titles. In contrast Matrix shines with not bothering customers with online stuff, and with excellent service. I am very happy with my purchases, I have surely gotten my money's worth of it, and I would buy the successors of my favorite games.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 8
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 2:08:27 PM   
Canoerebel

The AE community is tremendous. If I had car trouble in Colorado or Minnesota, I know who'd I call. When I backpack the Appalachian Trail through northeast Tennessee, I know who I'll call. If I travel to England and need a good recommend for a pub to visit, I know who I'd call (and he'd meet me and my family there and buy our dinner, in all likelihood). If I travel to Italy, I know who I'd call (but I would have to keep this super-secret information from my wife, in all likelihood....)

The AE Forumites discuss topics like "lost loves" and "who's really responsible for the loss at Gettysburg" intelligently and with good humor and grace, seldom if ever uttering a harsh word. I've learned alot of general and specific information about history and warfare and...well, even things like literature! When AE regulars go missing, we try to track them down. When AE regulars find another game (and how rare is that?) we gently encourage them to return. If they stubbornly refuse, we haunt them and stalk them like they were lovers who gilted us (...ahem, Q-Ball, I hope I didn't freak you out back in the day).

Because I know this community - with the reputations of thoughtful and insightful people with a broad base of knowledge on the most amazingly esoteric stuff (poultry diseases, Soviet armor technology, etc.), I might come here to ask a serious question about where any of a certain number of troubling developments in the world might head, and I know I could rely on the answers more than I could on analysis from most news reporting companies. Bird flu in China? I can get an answer. Does North Korea really pose a threat to use nuclear weapons? I can get an answer. Did western intelligence really infect Iranian computers with a virus? Come here to get an answer.

I've even posted some of my stories here and had people provide excellent feedback, suggestions, and occasionally excellent editorial corrections.

Okay, I admit it. I use you guys. Shamelessly. But affectionately.

(in reply to janh)
Post #: 9
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 2:13:46 PM   
moonraker

The way I see it - You want a "Quality Product" you pay a "Quality Price"

Packard Bell S3840 imedia Desk Top - 4GB DDR3 Ram - Geforce GT 630 4GB - Windows 7 Home Premium - Wired Keyboard and Mouse - 22 inch HD Monitor

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 10
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 2:40:45 PM   
bjmorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert
3. My diet is restricted to grits and grasshoppers because I didn't invest that money properly

When cooked in butter, that's a pretty good meal, if you ask me.

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 11
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 2:41:10 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

When I backpack the Appalachian Trail through northeast Tennessee

Northeast Tennessee? Don't you mean Argentina?

Darwin has his eye on me.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 12
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 2:45:51 PM   
Canoerebel

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 13
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 3:08:06 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

Before late 2010 I was more into Paradox games; once in a while I used to buy Matrix games, spending on expensive games that never stayed for more than a couple weeks in my hard drive.

I had maybe 4 or 5 "misses" before hiting the jackpot with WitP-AE ; from then on I have only bought 1 additional game (WitE; still not installed... I am busy).

I think I will buy Plan Orange and Gary Gribsby's civil war game. sometime this year; I am also looking forward to War in the West

I will be happy to expend money in any kind of improvement to WitP-AE; even if it is simply a new scenario. I would love to see a 42' Grand Campaign, starting just before Coral Sea with Japan already consolidated in the SRA; so if I am playing Allies against the computer there is no chance of AI-Japan messing up and failing to deliver a good game

"From now on, the more we work, the happier we will become. Let’s make the culture of Greater East Asia flourish more and more. In order that the peoples of Greater East Asia can communicate with each other, let’s learn Japanese"

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 14
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 3:35:48 PM   
nashvillen

I didn't bat an eye when WITP:AE came out. Best money I ever spent, well, maybe after my wife's engagement ring.

Agreed on the quality of those posting in our own little world. They are far superior than others I see posting elsewhere (Matrix site and others). I am a moderator on another gaming forum and it is like herding cats or baby sitting sometimes.

I really enjoy the comradeship here. Like canoerebel, if I am traveling to another area outside of Middle Tennessee I know a lot of people that I could count on for either help or just an hour or so of talking about our favorite game and pastime.

Thanks guys, and gal!

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 15
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 3:38:11 PM   
Terminus

quote:

Mark Sanford joke.

< Message edited by Terminus -- 4/29/2013 3:58:59 PM >

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 16
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 3:51:34 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

1. There is a small group of regulars who dominate the postings in the General Discussion forum.

2. That small group is smaller than the regulars who post on the AE forum and more often than not their posts are content free zones. There is very little cross forum postings.

3. AE regulars clearly spend time playing AE. For many of the General Discussion regulars, despite their often boisterous claims, it is not obvious that they actually spend much time playing games. Very few seem to be interested in the more complex Matrix games, nor do they seem to apply themselves to coping with complexity.

4. Far too many over there just like to bump up their post numbers. Consequently they love to repeat ad infinitum sterile positions, tilting at windmills (as if the current Slitherine management is going to change any of the practices which they have run for the last decade), and availing themselves of being unnecessarily abusive to each other which they may think is humorous but in fact is not at all.

5. People come to the AE forum for assistance in how to play the game. Newbies generally receive prompt and polite attention. Most threads here are content full. This all sets a certain unspoken standard which is generally adhered to whereas there is no focus on the General Discussion forum.

6. I'm certain most of the AE regulars have a view on Sitherine's pricing policy. But it is a pointless subject to discuss. AE regulars don't regularly splurge out on buying too many other Matrix products per annum. The unit cost is high but the cost per gaming hour is incredibly low so what is the point of complaining. The amortisation cost of AE is incredible low; those on the General Discussion forum who complain have much higher amortisation costs because of the nature of the games they purchase and their too easy cast off approach.

7. I've tried to follow Slitherine's pricing arguments and they are just plain wrong but their error will not be obvious to them for several years. They conflate initial stock pricing with back catalogue pricing. They fail to directly address links to other game developers/publishers who demonstrate their product life cycle revenues which contradict Slitherine's position. Those are links to other so called "niche" markets/products too. No other industry operates how Slitherine claims market demand and supply operates. No marketing class supports Slitherine's assertions. But ultimately it is all irrelevant. If I want a game of the standard of AE I have no option but to come here (hint hint Symon there would be a true niche market for a commercial version of DaBabes) and because of the factors mentioned in point 6, the cost is acceptable.

8. And no, I'm not really interested in going over the same sterile arguments re pricing here.

Alfred

Well said and totally concur Alfred.

Member: Reluctant Admiral and Perfect War Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 17
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 3:53:24 PM   
Canoerebel

Oh, yeah! The South Carolina governor who told his staff and family he was out hiking the Appalachian Trail when he was actually flying to Argentina on state funds to meet his "soul mate." Well, he's married now to his soul mate and I think he's running for Congress.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 18
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 3:58:54 PM   
catwhoorg

Yep. Was in Paris Island last week (my nephew is now a marine!), and there were quite a lot of vote Sanford signs.

I wouldn't vote for him purely on principle, and have no idea on his campaign platform, but yes he is running.

I read the whole pricing thread.
Being as the only full price games I have bought in the last couple of years have been Matrix ones, they must be doing something right.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 19
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 4:04:33 PM   
crsutton

I am only on this board so it does not matter to me. Pricing is up to Matrix and they can price what the market will bear. They are not selling ipads and I don't suppose that there are many Matrix billionaires running around. Having spent the last four years devoting way too much time to AE, I can say with hindsight that if I paid $500 for the game I would have gotten my money's worth. I love my ipad but if I had to give either it up or AE, that thing would be in the trash without a second thought.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 20
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 4:18:48 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Alfred

Indeed. I don't have any idea what the argument is on the general boards, but I also don't care because the AE section is all that matters... Until I clicked over to the main site just now, I thought "Slitherine" was actually a nickname meant to disparage the Powers That Be.

My perception of Matrix is that they are to computer strategy/warfare what Fantasy Flight Games is to board games - expensive, but you get what you pay for (in these cases at least). I may pay $95 for AE or $80 for FFG's Descent, but I'm going to get far more enjoyment out of them than the equivalent spent on: 6.33 months of an MMO, one year subscription to XBox Live, or even 1.5 purchases of most stand-alone PC titles (at $60 each).

quote:

Okay, I admit it. I use you guys. Shamelessly. But affectionately.

Isn't that what forums are for?

quote:

Oh, yeah! The South Carolina governor who told his staff and family he was out hiking the Appalachian Trail when he was actually flying to Argentina on state funds to meet his "soul mate." Well, he's married now to his soul mate and I think he's running for Congress.

And his wife is doing an excellent job of sabotaging it. I'm loving it!

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 21
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 4:30:51 PM   
John 3rd

Don't cross the vindictive EX-wife of a Politician...

Member: Reluctant Admiral and Perfect War Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 22
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 4:33:32 PM   
Kitakami

AE is the one game I come back to once and again. It is the one game that makes me THINK, and think HARD. The cost was no object. And, when thinking is not enough, there is always you guys to ask :)
On the other hand, games not of this caliber might not be worth high price tags. But to each his/her own. AE was definitely worth every penny. Others? Some. Not all.

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 23
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 4:40:01 PM   
LST Express

Could give a hoot about the price, I love the game. The forum is interesting most of the time too.

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 24
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 4:45:15 PM   
Skyros

Especially a rich and powerful one.
When I consider what I spent on board games over the years, PacWar, WITP and AE were a steal. Plus I only buy other titles when it is the Christmas sale

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Don't cross the vindictive EX-wife of a Politician...

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 25
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 4:58:49 PM   
Chickenboy

Re: the pricing thread on the General Forum-meh. These things get started every few months or so. Usually some disaffected person wants to criticize Matrix pricing policy because they're not giving their stuff away for free. Boo hoo. Matrix et. al. have a business to run-I've no problem with them pricing to what the market bears. Limited sympathy for those (usually noobs) that expect something for nothing and are too impatient to listen to the rationale for the pricing policy.

Re: the General Forum-I could take it or leave it. There are a few pleasant chaps. One of them, I'll just call him HMS Resolution1, is a very pleasant chap. Another, I'll call him Permanutsy, is also entertaining. Their banter makes the General Forum worth dipping an occasional toe into. 90% of the General Forum stuff is just tripe.

The forum here (the AE site) is addictive as hell. I spend way too much time here learning about the game or (as Kayak Johnnie pointed out) the very interesting people that play this game. Great breadth and depth of knowledge about militaria and other aspects of life experiences. Those that I've met in person (5 and counting) are affable and personable. A select few are fast, probably lifelong, friends. Sure, we have our inanity (the THREAD) and occasional trolls, but no forum or subforum would really be the same without them, would it?

Tip o' the hat to you guys-you make this forum what it is!

(in reply to LST Express)
Post #: 26
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 5:14:28 PM   
dr.hal

What is amazing about this game and the forum that feeds off of it is the support. Matrix updates, changes and modifies the game due to our feedback. Now this is done in other games, but not to the extent done here. It is a reflection of the people involved, as they are just that, involved!!! Like in any grouping, as social scientists would argue, there is about 10% who disrupt or don't play by the rules. Amazingly in this group the percent if far lower! Maybe we should be studied (dissect Alfred???). But in truth the underscored and "unsung" valued here is to be helpful. The game is a dynamic concept ever evolving and we are part of the evolution. And as indicated in this thread already, it is worth the money and more importantly the time (which is the ultimate of gifts one can give). If you think about it, a high quality meal for you and your significant other is about $80-$100(US). If you are careful and pace yourself it will last an hour (before the "server" stands by your table urging you to get moving). So in that respect given those parameters WITP-AE is beyond worth it. Finally you are right, it makes you THINK. If I'm going to only pass through this "ether" once I don't want it to be done wasting my time doing "mindless" things like watching TV. Here I have fun, I'm challenged, I think, and I learn. What more is there.... Ok, maybe ONE other thing.... but that's a separate thread.

(in reply to LST Express)
Post #: 27
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 6:08:29 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

And his wife is doing an excellent job of sabotaging it. I'm loving it!

That's one way to look at it.

Ex-wife, current owner of the home in quesiton . . .

The Moose

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 28
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 6:27:59 PM   
Phanatik

I will say I cringe to imagine what WiF will cost when it comes out. I may harvest someone's organs...

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 29
RE: Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... - 4/29/2013 6:45:36 PM   
mullk

I tend to try and avoid the general thread but I think Matrix is doing a good job as they are still here. If higher prices are the price to be paid for superior support then I'll happily pay them. I don't expect to buy a Mercedes product at a Pinto price. But lets not focus on this to long before we attract attention of some of our more rebel rousing members from other treads. How bout them Japanese Destroyers...

(in reply to Phanatik)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Off Topic: WITP-AE forum members don't... Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI