Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Group Replacement issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Air Group Replacement issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Group Replacement issue - 4/28/2013 5:55:51 PM   
rmonical

I have been patiently waiting for my DO-217E groups to get back up to strength so I can take them out of NR.

The picture tells the whole story. In 3 weeks, the pool has gone from 84 to 91 while the allocated total has gone from 59 to 64. Why will these groups not get their allocated DO 217Es? I have a similar problem with ME 110 E2's but I finally got the last group into NR on T-48 so I can watch all of them not get aircraft allocated from the pool.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rmonical -- 4/30/2013 4:59:51 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Those lazy DO-217Es - 4/30/2013 4:26:26 PM   
rmonical

Another 3 weeks and the pool continues to allocate out roughly 2% of its DO-217Es to units in in need. I am willing to bet that there is a numerical rather than a proportional threshold in the pool - probably 100 used to implement this rule. So the AI will be extremely stingy with low production aircraft even though the pool size is much larger than the number of deployed aircraft. I see the same behavior with the HS 129Bs. I assume now that my ME 110E2 pool is has hit 100, that those units will start to receive more than a dribble of replacements.

So just to review:
- German air casualties seem to run much lower than historical with some play styles including AI verses AI. So the pools grow.
- Some low production air frame types are very hard to take as reinforcements further reducing the pace of air warfare.
- Of course, I can always empty the pool by simply shuffling air frame types between airgroups. Put ME110s in the HS 129B group that gets a single replacement aircraft per week even though it is in reserve and there are 56 in the pool. Then allocate 80 HS 129Bs that the AI refuses to allocate to the ME110 units that are not getting replacements etc. Move the DO-217E2s over to KG77 and allocate all of the aircraft out that the AI refuses to allocate and switch KG3 over to HE 111s of which there are plenty in the pool. Nice historical flavor.

This would not be so frustrating if the documentation were a little more forthcoming about how the game works. For example, a little note that says " do not expect much in the way of air replacements until the pool is at least xxx in size" would have prevented this post.
quote:

18.2.4. Air Group Unit Replacement Aircraft
...The number of aircraft received is based on the amount of that model aircraft available in the production pool and the need of the air group unit, which is defined as the difference between the maximum number allowed and the actual number of ready and damaged aircraft in the air group unit.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rmonical -- 4/30/2013 4:27:45 PM >

(in reply to rmonical)
Post #: 2
RE: Those lazy DO-217Es - 4/30/2013 9:00:16 PM   
morvael

I have also noticed that generally below 100 nothing happens. Once over 100 planes upgrade, new airgroups form and other get replenished. This should not be such arbitrary number, but something proportional to the number of air groups using that plane vs production.

(in reply to rmonical)
Post #: 3
RE: Those lazy DO-217Es - 5/2/2013 8:29:15 AM   
Mehring

Find that with Russian Yer and P8 too, they seem to stick around 15-16 planes.

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Air Group Replacement issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI