Unity of Command Bundle $7.49

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rosseau

Unity of Command Bundle $7.49

Post by Rosseau »

Not looking to hurt Matrix here. I'm a regular customer and hope to buy all the new releases.

But there are those that really can't afford games these days at all, and could use a break. So go to Gamersgate just this time. I paid full for both, and love 'em.

rodney727

RE: Unity of Command Bundle $7.49

Post by rodney727 »

Oh dear lord!!!!!!!!!!!
ORIGINAL: rosseau

Not looking to hurt Matrix here. I'm a regular customer and hope to buy all the new releases.

But there are those that really can't afford games these days at all, and could use a break. So go to Gamersgate just this time. I paid full for both, and love 'em.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Meaning what? I'm a lousy traitor, or the price is good? [;)]
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Hum both I think?[:D] I will get it for that price I think. I was on the fence with this game. But at 7.49 for both is a great deal! I wouldn't pay the 39.99 asking price matrix is demanding for the two games but 7.99 for both seems alright to take a chance on.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

Been on sale at that sort of price on and off both at GG and Steam. And it's not the only one.

This is the point I was getting at (or one of them) in the recent 'pricing' debates. Given what we understand to be the general Matrix/Slitherene pricing policy, how can they accommodate anything in their catalogue for which they are not the sole publishers/distributors?
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Is this another price thread complaint?My 2 cents is I wish some of the older titles(% years +) were cheaper
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

Great game and I have used GG in the past and have had good luck.

But they have been lax or the companies have not sent the patches for some games. I know that for some games once you buy GG you cannot buy anymore addons from another souce at times.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
grogmaster

Post by grogmaster »

The last time someone opened a thread with better prices Erik Rutins closed it and called the poster rude. It was Pride of Nations prices.

So my opinion about this thread is: "How dare you! Off with your head!"
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

So what you are saying is that I bought both at 7.99 total but I cannot buy anymore dcls or expansions? That's ludicrous .
ORIGINAL: sulla05

But they have been lax or the companies have not sent the patches for some games. I know that for some games once you buy GG you cannot buy anymore addons from another souce at times.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I'm just waiting for slitherine now to tell me that if I bought this game at 7.49 that I am putting them out of business and the original company who put this game out. To be followed by their "yes" men who will say I'm an idiot and tell me I don't support the "slitherine" Business model.. This is to followed by Iain and others who will try and justify the 39.99 price tag on these games. Lastly to be followed by other people and say "start your own company" if you don't like it or those who can't just criticize. Lame.

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

Is this another price thread complaint?My 2 cents is I wish some of the older titles(% years +) were cheaper
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

True this will be locked that is after they have their "prime rib" dinner of course.
ORIGINAL: grogmaster

The last time someone opened a thread with better prices Erik Rutins closed it and called the poster rude. It was Pride of Nations prices.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

And is 2x2 Games part of Matrix/Slitherine/Ageod?

I haven't seen any announcement that they are. Have you?
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
grogmaster

Post by grogmaster »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

True this will be locked that is after they have their "prime rib" dinner of course.

You do mean the prime rib they are eating inside the Grand Hotel des Iles Borromees, their press release extravagance?

I suppose that is what the 39.99 is going to, so they can boast in luxury and laugh at the fact that they leach thousands of dollars out of old grogs like us.
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

This whole thing is getting old and repetitive.

Just imagine one guy walking into the premises of one company, just to start advertising there that the same product is offered way cheaper round the next corner. Basically that's exactly what is happening here.

If I'd be the shopkeeper or the company owner, I'd throw that guy right out of the door - and not just call him rude.

Guys this is not a "bread and butter" thing, it's not about raising prices of some essential things for life, it's about computer games. And the question is relatively simple; are you willing to pay for it, or not. If "yes", pay whats been told on the price tag, if "no", then leave it.

And if you can't afford it - too bad for you! [:'(]

Heck I'd fancy a Ferrari as well, but can't afford it. But going to Italy just to complain at the company's CEO desk wouldn't make a Ferrari cheaper either. So I drive a Dacia...
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Frankly responses like these are old and repetitive.
ORIGINAL: Hotschi

Just imagine one guy walking into the premises of one company, just to start advertising there that the same product is offered way cheaper round the next corner. Basically that's exactly what is happening here.

If I'd be the shopkeeper or the company owner, I'd throw that guy right out of the door - and not just call him rude.

Guys this is not a "bread and butter" thing, it's not about raising prices of some essential things for life, it's about computer games. And the question is relatively simple; are you willing to pay for it, or not. If "yes", pay whats been told on the price tag, if "no", then leave it.

Heck I'd fancy a Ferrari as well, but can't afford it. But going to Italy just to complain at the company's CEO desk wouldn't make a Ferrari cheaper either. So I drive a Dacia...
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

What's bothering you? Talk about taking something out of context and leaving out the most important part. I asked the poster to put such threads where they belong, here in the General Discussion forum.

I completely understand the desire to give us advice and constructive criticism. I do not understand the desire to take personal shots at us or to create caricatures of us that don't exist. This is the internet, folks. Miscommunication is the name of the game and you need to learn to give people the benefit of the doubt when you read what they write.

That said, for those that want to pretend that the game prices are set so that we can all drive supercars and stay in expensive hotels, I wish we could enjoy such perks but that's not the case. The reason we choose a nice location once a year for our press event (Historicon this year), which a small team from the company attends, is to support our developers and do the best job we can raising awareness about our games and our type of gaming with the press. All of us would no doubt be making more money in "normal" careers, but this is what we love doing.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

All I wanted to do was brighten the day of a fellow wargamer who may not have the discretionary income that some of us apparently have. It may be me one day [:)]

And if you saw my games list, I don't think Matrix would be throwing me out of the shop [8|]

Sorry Erik, you posted one second before me or I would not have bothered. You know where my heart is.

Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

Agree.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Rtwfreak

Post by Rtwfreak »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

So what you are saying is that I bought both at 7.99 total but I cannot buy anymore dcls or expansions? That's ludicrous .
ORIGINAL: sulla05

Yes because each distributer uses a slightly different setup.executable and thus one won't work with the other when you get expansions or DLC. So you see that's why you must remain Loyal to one or the other. You can't be a Matrixgames fan when you turn traitor and buy from Gamersgate or Steam
grogmaster

Post by grogmaster »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

What's bothering you? Talk about taking something out of context and leaving out the most important part. I asked the poster to put such threads where they belong, here in the General Discussion forum.

I completely understand the desire to give us advice and constructive criticism. I do not understand the desire to take personal shots at us or to create caricatures of us that don't exist. This is the internet, folks. Miscommunication is the name of the game and you need to learn to give people the benefit of the doubt when you read what they write.

That said, for those that want to pretend that the game prices are set so that we can all drive supercars and stay in expensive hotels, I wish we could enjoy such perks but that's not the case. The reason we choose a nice location once a year for our press event (Historicon this year), which a small team from the company attends, is to support our developers and do the best job we can raising awareness about our games and our type of gaming with the press. All of us would no doubt be making more money in "normal" careers, but this is what we love doing.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik, who are you fooling? You posted:
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Italiamedio,

Do you think that's actually constructive? You may disagree with our pricing, but this is rude. Thread locked.

Regards,

- Erik

tm.asp?m=3304642

What is bothering you? you ask... your prices, and the way you treat longtime and dedicated consumers.

Return to “General Discussion”