Matrix Games Forums

Hannibal: Terror of Rome goes into BetaBattle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and Salute
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for Japan Opp, scen 30 (closed)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for Japan Opp, scen 30 (closed) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for Japan Opp, scen 30 (closed) - 4/25/2013 4:35:19 AM   
darbymcd

I have one game going (getting my buttocks beat playing as Japan) but it looks like my other game has dropped. So I am looking for one more game playing as Allies. I am definitely interested in going the distance, bitter end and all. I have an idea that it is actually fairly hard for the Allied player to win on VP at the end. I like a nice comraderly (is that a word?) game, competitive but not at the expense of both players having a good time. I am always open to discussing any issues that arise in the game.

Here is the set-up
Scen 30 (Ironbabes with reduced carrying capacity)
stacking limits map
latest beta xx.xxp
2 day turns
PDU on
15 variable reinforcements for both

for HRs I like:
Pay full PP to move across borders
I also like 4E bombers no lower than 10k other than naval bombers on Nav attack. I think these guys are a bit overpowered and this slows them down a bit.

Night bombing, set it to 15k and don't go crazy with number of groups. I can't remember the more complex HRs to limit it, but I think 15k gives about the right feel if we limit it to 30 or 40 planes in a raid.

I prefer no industry bombing in China, I think China is a bit too vulnerable to supply loss as it is. But in exchange, I will only use Allied aircraft with allied ground support other than Flying Tigers when they are in the game, ie won't use chinese base forces for non-chinese aircraft. I think this gives about the right feel to the allied use of china in the air campaign. I don't think the allies should be able to rapid deploy bombers to China for raids for instance.

Otherwise, I would say pretty much anything goes for the Japanese player. Like I said, I really want it to go the distance, which probably means some gamey things for the Empire to give a feeling of hope! So resize your carrier groups, push research, etc.

First turn sort of normal, but do have more than 1 port attack! come on, not like the Allies won't have enough ships in the end.

I can do 4-6 turns a week usually depending on the amount my girlfriend thinks is 'too much playing'!!!

Thanks!

Darby

< Message edited by darbymcd -- 8/14/2013 6:32:54 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for Allied Player, scen 30 - 4/25/2013 8:13:25 AM   
Elladan

PM sent.

(in reply to darbymcd)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for Allied Player, scen 30 - 5/22/2013 3:14:16 PM   
darbymcd

self-bump

(in reply to Elladan)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for Allied Player, scen 30 - 8/13/2013 7:43:10 PM   
darbymcd

Once more into the bump...

(in reply to darbymcd)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for Japan Opp, scen 30 (closed) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI