Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

lack of time problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> lack of time problem Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
lack of time problem - 4/24/2013 8:31:43 PM   
RollsRoyce031

Hello!

When i ask my troopes to attack, some time , lack of time appear fallowed by bunkering down, some other times, my orders seems to be forgotten... that one problem.

the seccond is: In hofen ho down if the Bn.405 is mooved it causes a game crash.

I hope this will be usefull for some one.

La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas !
Post #: 1
RE: lack of time problem - 4/25/2013 2:10:36 AM   
Arjuna

RollsRoyce031,

What build are you running?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to RollsRoyce031)
Post #: 2
RE: lack of time problem - 4/26/2013 1:44:01 PM   
RollsRoyce031

v. 4.4.260

Looks like the lack of time problem is associated with the destination order in a cytie or the path through a forest, but it is not certain.
The forgotten orders probleme is realy rare.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: lack of time problem - 4/26/2013 2:52:26 PM   
RollsRoyce031

Dammit i have goods screenshots but i am too new on this forum to post the links... I can give it with a mail if you want. Just ask.

Post #: 4
RE: lack of time problem - 4/27/2013 1:26:12 AM   
Arjuna

Yeh send them to support[at]panthergames[dot]com.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Post #: 5
RE: lack of time problem - 4/27/2013 12:28:27 PM   
Renato

quote:

ORIGINAL: RollsRoyce031
The forgotten orders probleme is realy rare.

For me is pretty common!

Post #: 6
RE: lack of time problem - 5/1/2013 12:35:47 AM   
RollsRoyce031

Others bug report:

- After an attack when the hq and arty are joining troops, they don't correctly avoid (bypass) ennemis
- Old autosaves don't suppress themself
- After an attack order and before the attack is executed, sometimes, it is impossible to modify the "assault at:" (it appears grey)

(in reply to Renato)
Post #: 7
RE: lack of time problem - 5/1/2013 2:33:25 AM   
Arjuna

Thanks for providing that save. I took a look at it and was quickly able to determine the problem. We had added some code a while back to exempt human controlled forces from slipping the attack timings during the planning phase. This was designed to prevent any assigned HHour from being moved.

In this case the actual planned duration was more than the duration estimated when placing the order. It's like the commander saying it should take four hours but when the staff do their detailed analyses they can see that it will take five hours. So more time was needed. No HHour had been set by the player so it should have been able to slip. I have changed the code so that it will do so provided no HHour is set by the player. I have also added an extra 30 minutes to the attack duration when it does it's initial estimate.

NOTE if you do set a HHour then I recommend you extend the end time as well.

This change will be in the patch #4.

Attachment (1)

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Post #: 8
RE: lack of time problem - 5/1/2013 3:26:16 AM   
Arjuna

I have a question for you all.

At the moment when the user sets an HHour it is set in stone. This places a fair burden on the user to estimate enough time. Would you rather instead have the HHour set but enable the AI to automatically slip it for you. This will mean that you would have to manually reset the HHour of any other attacks that you were trying to coordinate with. We can popup a message but it will then be up to you to either reset or accept that the other attacks will no longer be starting their assault at the same time.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 9
RE: lack of time problem - 5/1/2013 6:38:59 AM   
loyalcitizen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

At the moment when the user sets an HHour it is set in stone. This places a fair burden on the user to estimate enough time. Would you rather instead have the HHour set but enable the AI to automatically slip it for you. This will mean that you would have to manually reset the HHour of any other attacks that you were trying to coordinate with. We can popup a message but it will then be up to you to either reset or accept that the other attacks will no longer be starting their assault at the same time.

Better to have the AI slip the HHour automatically. We humans can't see all the Ones and Zeroes, so we need the AI help to let us know when we haven't allotted enough time.

I really miss being able to order an In-Situ Attack. They prevented a lot of jockeying around prior to HHour, which nowadays creates all these delays while units form up. Any chance In-Situ Attacks can return?

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 10
RE: lack of time problem - 5/1/2013 8:34:05 AM   
Renato

I prefer the AI automatically slips it.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 11
RE: lack of time problem - 5/2/2013 2:00:12 AM   
Deathtreader

quote:

I would prefer the AI automatically slip in those instances == As long as there are no additional penalties (like command delays) when resetting the HHour of any other coordinated attacks.

Rob.

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 12
RE: lack of time problem - 5/2/2013 2:56:45 AM   
Arjuna

No, no additional delays in doing so.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Deathtreader)
Post #: 13
RE: lack of time problem - 5/2/2013 7:09:47 AM   
Bazza042

Automatic Slip with advice please

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 14
RE: lack of time problem - 5/2/2013 7:27:38 AM   
wodin

AI auto change it please

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Bazza042)
Post #: 15
RE: lack of time problem - 5/2/2013 8:57:53 AM   
Arjuna

Done.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 16
RE: lack of time problem - 5/23/2013 8:57:40 PM   
dazkaz15

Definitely allow AI to slip the H hour.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 17
RE: lack of time problem - 6/11/2013 5:31:38 PM   
dazkaz15

Dave have you fixed this as of version 4.4.263?

Only I am still getting the attack abandoned messages due to lack of time when using an assault at time to coordinate attacks.

It has to be the single most annoying thing in the game at the moment!

My Subordinates keep reporting back to me that they have decided to go to sleep instead of carrying out my planned attacks, as they where 3 min late in getting there

It really makes me wish I was playing as Russia, so I could dish out some real discipline

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 18
RE: lack of time problem - 6/11/2013 11:48:37 PM   
Arjuna

Where's your save?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 19
RE: lack of time problem - 6/12/2013 5:16:23 AM   
dazkaz15

So it has already been implemented then?
Ill get your save ASAP

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 20
RE: lack of time problem - 6/12/2013 12:17:05 PM   
dazkaz15

Lead up

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 21
RE: lack of time problem - 6/12/2013 12:17:45 PM   
dazkaz15

FUBAR

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 22
RE: lack of time problem - 6/22/2013 8:22:33 AM   
Agent S

Has this been rectified in/ for the COTA expansion?

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 23
RE: lack of time problem - 6/25/2013 5:34:29 AM   
Bletchley_Geek

Looks like your guys didn't have time to get to the FUP the Assault At time passed (I see you have the Assault At time set). Estimating the durations of those tasks is very hard for the player, but now it's possible to get a better estimate of Attack tasks. This can be used to get H Hour's which may work.

I'd suggest that you issue a "bogus" Attack (to the same force you intend to use) and see what's the end time estimated by the engine for that task. That gives you a lower bound on the duration of the whole thing (Move to FUP, Reorg, Assault). Write down the estimated time and use it to deduce what might be a reasonable H Hour for your actual orders (and that's very situation dependent).

Can you try to use the above technique and see if with revised H Hours the attack plan goes forward? Thank you :)

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 24
RE: lack of time problem - 6/25/2013 6:42:17 AM   
dazkaz15

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bletchley_Geek

Looks like your guys didn't have time to get to the FUP the Assault At time passed (I see you have the Assault At time set). Estimating the durations of those tasks is very hard for the player, but now it's possible to get a better estimate of Attack tasks. This can be used to get H Hour's which may work.

I'd suggest that you issue a "bogus" Attack (to the same force you intend to use) and see what's the end time estimated by the engine for that task. That gives you a lower bound on the duration of the whole thing (Move to FUP, Reorg, Assault). Write down the estimated time and use it to deduce what might be a reasonable H Hour for your actual orders (and that's very situation dependent).

Can you try to use the above technique and see if with revised H Hours the attack plan goes forward? Thank you :)

Hi Bletchley
If I allow enough time for them to get to the FUP everything works fine, and that is what I usually do, but on the occasion I have miss calculated (in this example because of the stream they had to cross) they bunker down.
What is confusing me though is this post by Dave

quote:

This is because we all agreed that it would be good for the H hour to be slipped in this kind of situation, and Dave said later that it was "Done".

So I'm not sure now if its a bug or whether you guys never managed to fit it in to the last patch?

(in reply to Bletchley_Geek)
Post #: 25
RE: lack of time problem - 6/25/2013 7:08:29 AM   
Bletchley_Geek

quote:

ORIGINAL: dazkaz15
quote:

This is because we all agreed that it would be good for the H hour to be slipped in this kind of situation, and Dave said later that it was "Done".

So I'm not sure now if its a bug or whether you guys never managed to fit it in to the last patch?

Yes, Dave did indeed add that. But there might be indeed a bug in the code Dave changed or a case which wasn't covered. If you already sent a saved game with the plan outlined, we should be able to look into it as soon as things settle down for Dave.

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 26
RE: lack of time problem - 6/25/2013 7:13:09 AM   
Bletchley_Geek

Are those units highly fatigued? If they're, they'll be stopping to rest regardless of you telling them not to.

Post #: 27
RE: lack of time problem - 6/25/2013 7:24:50 AM   
dazkaz15

No mate, they had just finished a long rest.
Do you want me to send you a save?
PM me your address if you do.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by dazkaz15 -- 6/25/2013 7:31:21 AM >

Post #: 28
RE: lack of time problem - 6/25/2013 9:16:56 AM   
Bletchley_Geek

quote:

No mate, they had just finished a long rest.

Okay, just going through the checklist

quote:

Do you want me to send you a save?
PM me your address if you do.

If you sent them already to Dave, it will be fine. Let's not mix up tasks.

(in reply to dazkaz15)
Post #: 29
RE: lack of time problem - 6/26/2013 6:19:08 AM   
Arjuna

Daz,

I got them. Trouble is they keep invoking an assert in the Debugger which I have subsequently fixed and this makes it impossible in the debug to test these. I have run them in the release version. They seem to run fine. However, after reading the above posts I am still none the wiser as to what is wrong here. There is no description above that tells me what has gone wrong. In future can you please add some text that describes the problem in terms of what orders you gave, what the units did or did not do.

In any event I am uploading to Matrix a new beta build #4.5.264. Best to wait and see if this issue manifests or has been knocked on the head by the changed I have made.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> lack of time problem Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI