Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dave question on scenario packs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Dave question on scenario packs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dave question on scenario packs - 4/23/2013 10:28:24 AM   
wodin

OK lets say I have BFTB and buy the two scenario packs for COTA. I then decide to wait for Upgrade 4 and the EF scenario pack. Will my BFTB and COTA scenarios still get put into the CO2 engine for free? Or is that only for those who buy the first upgrade?

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 1
RE: Dave question on scenario packs - 4/23/2013 11:51:04 AM   
Arjuna

The intent here is that whenever you buy an engine upgrade you will be eligible to upgrade your existing data packs.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Dave question on scenario packs - 4/23/2013 5:58:39 PM   
wodin

WOW thats alot of work testing scenarios making sure they are balanced with the new features.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: Dave question on scenario packs - 4/24/2013 12:50:51 AM   
Arjuna

You are right. Perhaps we should reserve the right to charge a small fee say a few dollars where the upgrade involves substantial work. A lot of the upgrades won't because we have spent a lot of time over the last six months overhauling our conversion routines. But now that I reflect on it changes like mounted ops will involve the creation of new units - ie the leg and transport component of mech inf units. We will have to write special code to handle that. I'll ponder this some more.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 4
RE: Dave question on scenario packs - 4/24/2013 6:56:09 AM   
wodin

Fair enough..the amount of work could be huge. As I said some of the features will surely alter the current balance and knock the scenarios out of kilt..so OBJ's and timings and will have to be reassessed.

< Message edited by wodin -- 4/24/2013 6:58:09 AM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 5
RE: Dave question on scenario packs - 4/24/2013 11:33:06 AM   
jimcarravallah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

You are right. Perhaps we should reserve the right to charge a small fee say a few dollars where the upgrade involves substantial work. A lot of the upgrades won't because we have spent a lot of time over the last six months overhauling our conversion routines. But now that I reflect on it changes like mounted ops will involve the creation of new units - ie the leg and transport component of mech inf units. We will have to write special code to handle that. I'll ponder this some more.

For what it's worth, mounted ops can serve as a basis for a number of transport operations.

There's a component about a unit being carried that is universal, and a component about the type of carrier that is unique to equipment doing the job.

If done effectively, designing some of the mounted operations software components for the Eastern Front would serve as a foundation for future changes enabling helicopter transport, or water transport when those types of equipment and attributes are added to Estabs.

In a similar manner, river crossing has components which would also be applicable to seaborne assault operations.

And, if off-map artillery is done, it has components which support seaborne assaults, and carpet bombing.

Take care,

jim

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Dave question on scenario packs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI