Dave question on scenario packs

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

wodin

Dave question on scenario packs

Post by wodin »

OK lets say I have BFTB and buy the two scenario packs for COTA. I then decide to wait for Upgrade 4 and the EF scenario pack. Will my BFTB and COTA scenarios still get put into the CO2 engine for free? Or is that only for those who buy the first upgrade?
Arjuna

RE: Dave question on scenario packs

Post by Arjuna »

The intent here is that whenever you buy an engine upgrade you will be eligible to upgrade your existing data packs.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
wodin

Post by wodin »

WOW thats alot of work testing scenarios making sure they are balanced with the new features.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

You are right. Perhaps we should reserve the right to charge a small fee say a few dollars where the upgrade involves substantial work. A lot of the upgrades won't because we have spent a lot of time over the last six months overhauling our conversion routines. But now that I reflect on it changes like mounted ops will involve the creation of new units - ie the leg and transport component of mech inf units. We will have to write special code to handle that. I'll ponder this some more.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
wodin

Post by wodin »

Fair enough..the amount of work could be huge. As I said some of the features will surely alter the current balance and knock the scenarios out of kilt..so OBJ's and timings and will have to be reassessed.
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

You are right. Perhaps we should reserve the right to charge a small fee say a few dollars where the upgrade involves substantial work. A lot of the upgrades won't because we have spent a lot of time over the last six months overhauling our conversion routines. But now that I reflect on it changes like mounted ops will involve the creation of new units - ie the leg and transport component of mech inf units. We will have to write special code to handle that. I'll ponder this some more.

For what it's worth, mounted ops can serve as a basis for a number of transport operations.

There's a component about a unit being carried that is universal, and a component about the type of carrier that is unique to equipment doing the job.

If done effectively, designing some of the mounted operations software components for the Eastern Front would serve as a foundation for future changes enabling helicopter transport, or water transport when those types of equipment and attributes are added to Estabs.

In a similar manner, river crossing has components which would also be applicable to seaborne assault operations.

And, if off-map artillery is done, it has components which support seaborne assaults, and carpet bombing.

Take care,

jim

Return to “Command Ops Series”