Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

To Late to buy current COTA ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> To Late to buy current COTA ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
To Late to buy current COTA ? - 4/23/2013 3:27:54 AM   
Old Gamer 66

I have just invested in BFTB & HTTR even after reading the posts regarding Command Ops 2

The reason I did this is that the combined games give me a total of 40 Scenarios which is more than enough to keep me going

while Command Ops 2 is being developed.

What I would like to Know is it to late to invest in the current Cota ?

The way I see it has 30 Scenarios with two expansion packs coming, giving it a total of Approximately 62 Scenarios.

Is this Correct ?

Or Should I just buy the Command Ops 2 engine later and invest in the COTA series then and will the total number of scenarios equal

what is about to be available with the old COTA.

Cheers
Jimbo
Post #: 1
RE: To Late to buy current COTA ? - 4/23/2013 3:47:19 AM   
Arjuna

Jimbo,

We will be replacing the original COTA with two new data packs - the Greek and Mediterranean packs. These will require BFTB and will take full advantage of all the features in BFTB ( and there is quite a lot of change between COTA and BFTB). There will be 20 scenarios in the Greek pack and around 15 in the Med pack. So there will be a total of 35 scenarios. These are conversions of the original COTA scenarios plus a few user designed scenarios thrown in. If you can wait 3 or 4 weeks you can pick each of these up for $29.99. On the other hand if you do buy the original COTA now you will be eligible to buy the Greek and Med packs for $19.99 each.

Later down the track when CO2 comes out we will upgrade the Greek and Med pack along with the BFTB and HTTR packs at no additional charge for existing owners. So your investment in these will endure.

Have I answered your question?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Old Gamer 66)
Post #: 2
RE: To Late to buy current COTA ? - 4/23/2013 4:23:29 AM   
Old Gamer 66

Okay so the old COTA lacks some of the features of BFTB so I will wait for the new data packs to be released for BFTB and take that option.

If all I have to do then is invest in the first release of Command Ops 2 and the rest is free thanks to previous purchase then I must say it's

a deal hard to refuse.

I,m gradually getting up to speed with this series, and thank you Arjuna for sharing news with us on the direction you are going with this game.

Cheers

Jimbo

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: To Late to buy current COTA ? - 4/23/2013 10:26:01 AM   
wodin

Old gamer the rest of the upgrades aren't free...just your previous buys for BFTB will be converted to the CO2 engine for free. If you then want the next upgrades you have to pay for them.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Old Gamer 66)
Post #: 4
RE: To Late to buy current COTA ? - 4/23/2013 12:13:00 PM   
Arjuna

Wodin,

How about you let me answer questions on the new arrangements until we are all singing from the same song sheet.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: To Late to buy current COTA ? - 4/23/2013 12:20:18 PM   
Arjuna

wodin is partially right but let me clarify by giving an example. Say you buy the Greek and Med packs when they come out in a few weeks time. Then later this year you buy the new CO2 upgrade. At that time you will be eligible to get your Greek and Med pack upgraded to take advantage of the new CO2 engine. Now if you choose not to buy the stage 2 upgrade for CO2 you won't be eligible to upgrade your data packs at that time. If you then buy the stage 3 upgrade to the engine then you will be eligible to have your data packs upgraded at that time. In other words you are only eligible for a data upgrade when you purchase an engine upgrade.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 6
RE: To Late to buy current COTA ? - 4/23/2013 1:13:15 PM   
AndrewKurtz

So, I think to make the concept simple, the idea behind the purchasing of a stage is to provide faster access to new features for those who want them.

If I had to guess, it also offers a unique model to make development of CO2 financially viable. I don't want to put words in your mouth (this is my conjecture), but it seems to provide a win-win opportunity to provide cash flow during development for the dev team through providing access to features to those who just can't wait (and/or who want to help advance development).

Again, not trying to put words in anyones mouth, but if that was the idea, I think it's brilliant and I am all for out-of-the-box thinking that will help this niche.

< Message edited by AndrewKurtz -- 4/23/2013 1:14:09 PM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 7
RE: To Late to buy current COTA ? - 4/23/2013 1:18:12 PM   
Arjuna

Andrew,

I don't know about "brilliant" but it is an effort to try and give our users want they want in terms of new features and new data content while hopefully keeping us afloat (and maybe even fed).

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to AndrewKurtz)
Post #: 8
RE: To Late to buy current COTA ? - 4/23/2013 6:05:35 PM   
wodin

It is a great way of doing things and I hope there are enough people with the money to keep panther going by buying the individual upgrade packs.

My only concern is the time schedule and how they are going to keep all those scenarios balanced as they get retro fitted to the new features every upgrade pack. Still feature set is superb.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 9
RE: To Late to buy current COTA ? - 4/23/2013 11:50:44 PM   
Old Gamer 66

Gentleman sorry my wording read like I was getting it all for free just because I buy the current game or data packs.

I did understand that What I buy now is only entitled to free upgrade upon purchase of CO2 engine (Stage 1) or future purchase of further upgrades to the engine (Stage2-5).

I Did not expect to get all stages of the engine development for free or future expansion packs for nothing.

Looking at whats planned for features and expansion Packs as well as what we have now with BFTB & HTTR I'm starting to realize how big this game will be by the end of 2014.

The replay value will enormous and should keep us busy for years, and the forum here will be very active.

Well done panther games and matrix I wish you success.

Cheers

Jimbo

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 10
RE: To Late to buy current COTA ? - 4/24/2013 7:54:49 AM   
wodin

Sorry..

I'm trying not to say anything with regards to how I feel over certain issues..for a change I'm keeping my mouth shut;).

I'll try harder.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Wodin,

How about you let me answer questions on the new arrangements until we are all singing from the same song sheet.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 11
RE: To Late to buy current COTA ? - 4/24/2013 8:00:10 AM   
Arjuna

No worries wodin.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> To Late to buy current COTA ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI