Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

new scenario overwrite

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> new scenario overwrite Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new scenario overwrite - 4/22/2013 8:39:24 PM   
pontiouspilot

I just completed a Scen 6 against computer until Jan '45. I then opted to start another Scenario 2. All went well for several turns but now I see on the saved game menu that it says I'm saving scenario 6 rather than 2. How do I tell what scenario I'm in? Is it just a glitch with the saved screen or has it overwritten into scen 6??? It did start in 2 and the first couple turns were correct on the save screen.
Post #: 1
RE: new scenario overwrite - 4/22/2013 10:12:37 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot

I just completed a Scen 6 against computer until Jan '45. I then opted to start another Scenario 2. All went well for several turns but now I see on the saved game menu that it says I'm saving scenario 6 rather than 2. How do I tell what scenario I'm in? Is it just a glitch with the saved screen or has it overwritten into scen 6??? It did start in 2 and the first couple turns were correct on the save screen.

The Save game screen has a memo line where you can name the save anything you like. You can also, with a few exceptions like Slot 1, save your game in any slot you like.

The Moose

(in reply to pontiouspilot)
Post #: 2
RE: new scenario overwrite - 4/23/2013 4:32:08 PM   
pontiouspilot

Thanks moose....call me thick but I don't see what you mean?? there are of course a pile of numbered slots but the computer "names" them what it likes. I think my problem may stem from using a slot earlier used for Scenario 6?? I wonder what game I'm playing. Now you see why I don't dare try PBEM!!

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 3
RE: new scenario overwrite - 4/23/2013 6:19:04 PM   
Alfred

When you go to the save screen (after hitting "f" short cut key) you are presented with two blocks.

The one on the left, under the Saved heading, has slots numbered 1-199. You can save the game in any slot from #3 upwards. the first two slots are reserved for computer actions. When you click on a slot button, over on the right hand side block under the Date heading, a corresponding slot opens up which allows you to write anything you want to remind you what is actually in the left hand side saved slot. What is written on the right hand side has no effect whatsoever on the saved game in the left hand side.

If you use the same slot on the left side, you overwrite what ever had been previously saved in that slot. It does not overwrite what is written on the corresponding slot on the right.

Scenarios can only be overwritten if you use the editor. Ongoing games and scenarios are saved in different locations.

Alfred

Alfred

Post #: 4
RE: new scenario overwrite - 4/23/2013 9:38:19 PM   
pontiouspilot

Alfred...thanks. I knew that. I'll explain better. eg. I have been saving to line 15 for new Scen 2. I had previouly used same line for saving Scenario 6. I succesfully saved the first 2 two day turns ie it said "date, Scenario 2" then it started saving as "Date, Scenario 6".

I get what you mean about the game and scenario being saved in different places. Is what I face a sign that I'm using scen 6 not 2? How do I check or correct it, if I can?

Thanks to all the brainiacs out there...I'm a computer doofis!!

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5
RE: new scenario overwrite - 4/24/2013 3:10:41 AM   
michaelm

If you go to the in-game Preference screen, it will show you details of the current scenario in the lower section of the screen.

Attachment (1)

Michael

Post #: 6
RE: new scenario overwrite - 4/24/2013 4:22:18 PM   
pontiouspilot

Mikem...That was the answer I needed! ! It says that I am in Scen 2 even though the save screen erroneously shows 6.

What is more depressing is that my version is 1.0.6.1108r9 when I see from your sample screen that you are 1.7.11.23. Should I seek this updrade? Where would I find it in the ether?

Thanks!!

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 7
RE: new scenario overwrite - 4/24/2013 4:38:01 PM   
pontiouspilot

Mikem....I found the update info on the next heading under tech support.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> new scenario overwrite Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI