Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lock'n Load Preview Video

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Lock'n Load Preview Video Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lock'n Load Preview Video - 4/22/2013 4:42:53 PM   
Philkian

We have just published a preview video about the upcomig Lock ' n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. It is just a Beta version, but it already features the key elements of the gameplay.

Here you can find the video: http://youtu.be/IWmslTtdiXI
Post #: 1
RE: Lock'n Load Preview Video - 4/22/2013 5:15:56 PM   
J P Falcon

I see this is going to have unrealistic goals during the game...let's see, the German's see a Russian civilian, behind Russian lines, and they make saving her a priority. So the Russians are now the bad guys in this senario because they are actually going to shoot at the Germains as our heroes try to go behind the Russian lines in order to save the girl. If the setting was in Germany then it would make sense but since it is Stalingrad, then that type of special goal should have been given to the Russian player not the Germans.

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 2
RE: Lock'n Load Preview Video - 4/22/2013 5:57:13 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi JP,

I think you are reading a bit much into this. There are plenty of stand-alone scenarios as well, but this video is from the beginning of the German campaign rather than the Russian one. Mark likes to tell interesting and thought-provoking stories with his scenarios and this is not intended as revisionist history or any general statement on the Eastern Front, just following a plausible story of an individual soldier in this particular mission. The campaigns in general do not involve small children being saved in each scenario.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 3
RE: Lock'n Load Preview Video - 4/22/2013 6:27:10 PM   
J P Falcon

Thanks for the responce Eric and maybe you are right. But just as one would roll their eyes when seeing something silly in a movie, I tended to do with this scenario. Discovering a captured German Officer needed to be saved would have made more sense but it is what it is. I'm still looking forward to this release.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Lock'n Load Preview Video - 4/22/2013 7:18:22 PM   
Erik Rutins

I understand - we didn't tell the previewer what to feature but I understand that without context it can make you wonder about the game. There is a lot to the game and I would say this scenario is unique rather than representative, except in that the campaigns have interesting storylines and missions with original objectives that are not all the same kind of cookie cutter mission. This is really one of Mark's strengths in all his games, to create scenarios where you feel that you are playing something new and original and a plausible "war story".

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 5
RE: Lock'n Load Preview Video - 4/22/2013 7:44:19 PM   
tgb

I'll just echo Erik's comment that the stand-alone scenarios are much more "traditional" than the campaign mission in that video.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Lock'n Load Preview Video - 4/22/2013 7:50:34 PM   
Barthheart

Think of the setup in this scenario as a way for you to get attached to the main character of the german campaign..... "See not all the germans were monsters. This is just a guy doing his job and trying to do what's right."

Also the russians in this scenario are not targeting the girl. She just happens to get caught in the middle of this fire fight.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 7
RE: Lock'n Load Preview Video - 4/22/2013 8:27:45 PM   
Ranger33

Looks great! Really love the presentation especially. The mix of boardgame and video game elements has been done very nicely.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 8
RE: Lock'n Load Preview Video - 4/22/2013 11:39:45 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Philkian

...... but it already features the key elements of the gameplay.

Sorry. I just LOL-ed.

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 9
RE: Lock'n Load Preview Video - 4/23/2013 12:36:04 AM   
Chris Merchant

quote:

Sorry. I just LOL-ed.
He might have got his a's and b's mixed up :)

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 10
RE: Lock'n Load Preview Video - 4/23/2013 8:34:14 AM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant
He might have got his a's and b's mixed up :)

With this puppy that's understandable. It's more a case of not confusing vapours with something more tangible.

(in reply to Chris Merchant)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Lock'n Load Preview Video Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI