Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT: Our friend Rader...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT: Our friend Rader... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/21/2013 9:40:13 AM   
GreyJoy

Look at what Andrew is working on! Just found it on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UieuR2_XPwI

Post #: 1
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/21/2013 11:57:33 AM   
Sardaukar

Not bad!

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/21/2013 3:47:45 PM   
Crackaces

Awesome! At least we know why he is not posting in the forums

Patients and providers of healthcare win with interprofessional practice http://ipep.arizona.edu/blog

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 3
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/21/2013 4:08:37 PM   
witpqs

Well Done!

Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/site/staffmonkeys/

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 4
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/21/2013 5:13:53 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

Yes, i think he stopped playing AE for a while...he has this big project to go to space ongoing and also did win a TV show on Discovery Channell Canada ...the guy is damned brilliant!

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 5
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/21/2013 6:57:30 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

Yes, i think he stopped playing AE for a while...he has this big project to go to space ongoing and also did win a TV show on Discovery Channell Canada ...the guy is damned brilliant!

Nice to 'know' someone famous!

A good guy. I hope if/when he comes back people will be kinder to him than they were when he figured out how to basically turn the Japanese economy into Detroit during your game.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 6
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/21/2013 8:31:31 PM   
Mac Linehan

Impressive and Well Done, Sir!

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 7
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/21/2013 10:45:24 PM   
mikkey

impressive video

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 8
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/21/2013 11:36:13 PM   
dr.hal

What is really sad is that video contains more than 90% of what folks know about world war two. Hal

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 9
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/22/2013 1:00:10 AM   
crsutton

Sorry, I fail to see any point in that video. Two minutes of what? History? I don't think so. Did anybody hear gain any insight into WWII from it? Not me.

Andrew has some pretty neat stuff going on but two minute history videos don't cut it for me. Tell him I will vote to send him into space if he promises to not make any more of these...

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 10
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/23/2013 1:42:24 AM   
wgs_explorer

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Sorry, I fail to see any point in that video. Two minutes of what? History? I don't think so. Did anybody hear gain any insight into WWII from it? Not me.

I beg to differ. I can understand that no one in this forum would get anything out of his video, but I believe that there are a lot of people who might learn something. I think there is a significant portion of the population that doesn't know the slightest thing about world war II. I also think that it is a great video for the attention-deficit generation(s).

At work we have a photo that has Muhammed Ali and the Beatles in it. I have a co-worker who is almost 30 years old and doesn't know who is in that photo! Do you think he would know about world war II?

Bill

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 11
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/23/2013 3:39:53 AM   
crsutton

Extra post, sorry. Don't know how to delete this crud...

< Message edited by crsutton -- 4/23/2013 3:41:21 AM >

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 12
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/23/2013 7:45:40 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

Look at what Andrew is working on! Just found it on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UieuR2_XPwI

that video has "Anschluss" written wrong - "Anchluss"

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 13
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/23/2013 7:15:30 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: wgs_explorer

quote:

I beg to differ. I can understand that no one in this forum would get anything out of his video, but I believe that there are a lot of people who might learn something. I think there is a significant portion of the population that doesn't know the slightest thing about world war II. I also think that it is a great video for the attention-deficit generation(s).

At work we have a photo that has Muhammed Ali and the Beatles in it. I have a co-worker who is almost 30 years old and doesn't know who is in that photo! Do you think he would know about world war II?

Bill

As a member of one of the stereotypical "attention-deficit generation(s)", I must heartily disagree with the statement and attest that it is extremely inaccurate. Which isn't to say that there aren't people my age who don't know about things like WW2 (many don't), but an affinity for technology and multitasking is better described as such than as attention deficit disorder. Information addiction (constantly refreshing facebook/twitter pages, etc.) and lack of patience for gratification, on the other hand, are valid concerns.

(in reply to wgs_explorer)
Post #: 14
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/23/2013 7:28:40 PM   
geofflambert

I was really appalled when that Presidential spokesman (Dana Perrino I think is her name) didn't know what the Cuban Missle Crisis was! That close to WWIII and it wasn't important enough for her to know.

Darwin has his eye on me.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 15
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/24/2013 1:04:00 AM   
wgs_explorer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

quote:

quote:

Bill

As a member of one of the stereotypical "attention-deficit generation(s)", I must heartily disagree with the statement and attest that it is extremely inaccurate. Which isn't to say that there aren't people my age who don't know about things like WW2 (many don't), but an affinity for technology and multitasking is better described as such than as attention deficit disorder. Information addiction (constantly refreshing facebook/twitter pages, etc.) and lack of patience for gratification, on the other hand, are valid concerns.

I apologize if offense was taken. I shouldn't have used the word "generation". Maybe just "group" and whoever falls into that category--oh well. It's just that I've run across so many individuals who just don't know anything about anything other than Facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.

Anyway, sorry Lokasenna if I caused any offense.

Bill

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 16
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/24/2013 1:46:06 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

quote:

quote:

Bill

I apologize if offense was taken. I shouldn't have used the word "generation". Maybe just "group" and whoever falls into that category--oh well. It's just that I've run across so many individuals who just don't know anything about anything other than Facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.

Anyway, sorry Lokasenna if I caused any offense.

Bill

No apology necessary . Just see news outlets and the like casually toss ideas like that around without there being much for evidence .

Post #: 17
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/24/2013 1:50:13 AM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I was really appalled when that Presidential spokesman (Dana Perrino I think is her name) didn't know what the Cuban Missle Crisis was! That close to WWIII and it wasn't important enough for her to know.

HOW should THIS surprise you Gorn Man?

Member: Reluctant Admiral and Perfect War Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 18
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/24/2013 8:49:01 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

quote:

HOW should THIS surprise you Gorn Man?

I'm sorry John, I'm not getting you. The all caps aren't helping either, unless there was a THIS you forgot to add to your post. Are you making a point about the entire Presidential posse at that time? I'm not going to say whether I'd agree or not, we should keep political judgements out of the forum.

Now, I am offended that you called me a Gorn Man. I'm a Gorn Gorn. I merely have a human disguise I use sometimes. For instance, when I go to a restaurant in flagrante, I have trouble getting seated, let alone served. You humans are so racist.

Darwin has his eye on me.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 19
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/25/2013 12:54:04 PM   
m10bob

quote:

"Near misses" are forgotten by many the next day. Currently, things like the Holocaust...D Day...The Battle of Britain...and more recently the original Moon Landing are being thought of as myths, or worse, propaganda.
We who were there, or knew those who were, have a responsibility to remind the younger while we can.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 20
RE: OT: Our friend Rader... - 4/25/2013 4:34:44 PM   
RevRick

quote:

quote:

Bill

Agree. Most of the young (Under 40 adults) in my congregation know diddley about WWII, it's orgins, causes, or repercussions. Their memories begin with the ending of the Cold War, and they know next to nothing about WWII except the US dropped Fat Man and Little Boy on two helpless Japanese cities (Mark that up to our current crop of History Professors who grew up during the VietNam era and hate anything the US has done! Mark you, not a one of them has done much more than criticize - which as Heinlein said is not the province of those who act, but those who watch!) I had to take a course recently for recency of credit, and the professor knew next to nothing about World Wars I or II. All I learned was how much more widespread the racial inequality was in the US from the end of the Civil War to the Assassination of Dr. King. Nothing much was mentioned about the involvement of the United States with defeating the Nazis, the gentle ministrations of the IJA/IJN from 1937 on, Mussolini, the years of Stalin, the Cold War the Space Program. If it was bad, he told about it. If it showed some sense of national focus and progress except in his narrow area of focus, he was clueless. And he is teaching our future high school teachers, and probably a few future doctoral candidates. Oh Frabjous Joy!

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT: Our friend Rader... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI