Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What happened to non WW2 scenarios ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? - 4/18/2013 1:36:25 PM   
altipueri

The Matrix blurb says: "Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period."

Zaratougha produced a mod that enables Ancients, Napoleonics (and I still use it occasionally - thank you Z) but ATG seems to have just settled on WW2.

I think this is a pity because AT held out the possibility of being almost a universal gaming system, with a great random scenario generator and I would play it more if there was the ability to stop production which I find a bit tedious after a while.
Post #: 1
RE: What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? - 4/18/2013 5:30:34 PM   
danlongman

Does that mod by Zaratougha work on the current ATG? I don't recall looking at it.
I Like to play big random games starting with c1900 AD technology.

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 2
RE: What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? - 4/18/2013 5:55:12 PM   
mgaffn1

Anyone out there interested in doing a sci-fi strategy mod?
Or perhaps a Cold War WW3 mod (circa 1975, 1980.. Nato vs. Warsaw Pact)?

Sometime ago there was talk of a "community mod" where a group of enthusiasts would combine their talents and create a comprehensive WAW type of mod. The project never got far beyond initial discussions - too many different ideas pulling in different directions.

What would your first choice be?

Mike

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 3
RE: What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? - 4/18/2013 6:09:47 PM   
ernieschwitz

I find that the longer range of modern aircraft and the advent of the nuke some problems that need to be solved for something that is post-ww2. I know that it is possible to mod these things.. but i prefer the periode immediately prior to ww2 ...

That being said, i dont see why someone wouldn´t want to make a ww3 mod or something older...

(in reply to mgaffn1)
Post #: 4
RE: What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? - 4/18/2013 7:16:56 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: altipueri

The Matrix blurb says: "Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period."

Zaratougha produced a mod that enables Ancients, Napoleonics (and I still use it occasionally - thank you Z) but ATG seems to have just settled on WW2.

I think this is a pity because AT held out the possibility of being almost a universal gaming system, with a great random scenario generator and I would play it more if there was the ability to stop production which I find a bit tedious after a while.

True, there have been some scenarios that cover different time eras, but the majority is indeed WWII. I'd love to see some more Tolkien/Hobbit or Space Marines or whatever scenarios... maybe even make them random game capable. It does however take a lot of dedicated time to produce such a thing...

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 5
RE: What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? - 4/18/2013 7:36:34 PM   
Jeffrey H.

There was a couple of space mods that never made it to ATG, (Lunaticus and Grumpy Mel) there was an ATG Warhammer 40k mod being worked on. There were a few "Elfie Welfies" done in AT, one was playtested in an AAR here. The thing is, I would imagine you could play any of them just by keeping your copy of AT on your HD and running them in that.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI