Mega Fuel Harvest 3.0

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Michael T

Mega Fuel Harvest 3.0

Post by Michael T »

Experimenting as I do, and discovered this mega fuel harvest. Joel I think its time you stopped players assigning anything but recon groups to these Army airbases. Any chance of tanks running on aircraft fuel needs to be stamped out.

All I did was assign a bunch of bombers to 4th Pzgp AB and next turn all this fuel shows up. First time I did it I only assigned 3 groups. But in this example I assigned 9 to highlight the problem.

Will try to attach some files but if I can't will email Joel with them later.

Attachments
FuelBonus.jpg
FuelBonus.jpg (244.51 KiB) Viewed 113 times
Michael T

RE: Mega Fuel Harvest 3.0

Post by Michael T »

Game file:

Attachments
leningrad.zip
(2.33 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Game file part 2:
Attachments
leningrad2.zip
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Nice find hehehehe[8D]
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
mmarquo

Post by mmarquo »

MT,

You are extraordinarily observant. It is unfortunate that things like this keep popping up. I often load up my Army Airbases with transports/long range bombers simply so I can keep track of them. I never noticed what is did to the Army HQ's fuel and the logistical benefit I was receiving.

I am starting to wonder how often I have beaten opponents or have been beaten beleiving I was playing as intended/stated in the rules, only to have been inadvertently helped or hindered by bugs like this one. At least you are honest and post these beastly bugs; I shudder to think that some may be aware yet are keeping mum and taking advantage of crap like this.

I am about ready to stop playing WITE 1. The fixes/reworks posted concering WITE 2 promise a significant rework and I am looking forward to it. This new fule bug, coupled with the morale bug, the new gamey tactic of disbanding lower HQs, etc are going to cause me to go through WITE withdrawal until Version 2 is released.

Thanks

Marquo
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

Sigh.

WitE Alpha Tester
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Hmmm... glad others are noting the "buggy" characteristic of the code. Hope the developers/coders take note. WitE 2.0 will disappoint it not addressed.

However, as I play the game vs. AI and assume historical processes and strategy, these don't seem to affect me. But, who knows?
rmonical

Post by rmonical »

Is this "magic" fuel or did it come out the fuel pool and get delivered forward by normal means before it made its way over to the ground side?

200th post [:)]
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I don't know whether to be amazed because the community keeps finding these exploits, or because it takes years of play to find them. In any case it was never intended that the army air bases be used for anything other than recon. We'll try to fix that in the code. In the meantime, a good house rule would be to limit these airbases to just recon aircraft. Thanks for finding and posting this (but it wouldn't bother me if you'd stop finding and posting things [:)] ).
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Marquo, there ia nothing in the game that can't be fixed with a HR with a trusted opponent. Which reminds me that I need to add a new HR to my list. No disbandment of German Corp HQ tier.
mmarquo

Post by mmarquo »

Flaviusx,

Why the sigh? Is it because of this new bug or because of the expression of my sentiment? Or both? I have a great deal of admiration and respect for the work and effort that went into WITE, and there is no disrespect intended.

MT,

House rules are fine and good; my issue is that I was using this "exploit" since day 1 and did not even know how much I was benefitting from it. My victories now seem very hollow; and my losses that much more unsettling because I do know if I have been duped.

What is your current list of house rules?

Thanks [:)]
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I will send you an email/PM tonight. Each game I play now has some negotiation on HR. I have a core set, then open to what my opponent desires. I never seem to have any problem.

Return to “Tech Support”