Any way to unlock the scenarios?

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Slitherine

Kevinorf

Any way to unlock the scenarios?

Post by Kevinorf »

I got Battle Academy recently and love it so much I immediately purchased the France, Market Garden, and Husky expansions.

I've been doing okay on the highest difficulty level, but the one thing that absolutely kills it for me in a game is when I fail in a scenario and can't continue. I just HATE having to replay the scenario over and over to progress to the next level. (In this case defending the major assault on the bridge early in the France expansion - I held the bridge but apparently didn't do well enough to progress.)

Is there a mod that unlocks the scenarios?

I suppose I could replay the scenario at a low difficulty factor, but I'd rather just move on.
Rosseau

RE: Any way to unlock the scenarios?

Post by Rosseau »

You could make a backup of the "Squads" file in the campaign folder and "enhance" some of your equipment. For example, if campaign gives you a Sherman, the AP, HE, and Defense values are shown when you mouse over it. Open Squads file with Notepad, find those three values and increase them.
Kevinorf

Post by Kevinorf »

Thanks Rosseau. I suppose that would be similar to simply replaying the scenario at an easier difficulty level. I'm not opposed to replaying the scenario, necessarily. After one go through I can usually figure out how to better fight the scenario. Problem with the France bridge assault scenario is it feels like a tough nut to crack...
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

You can play any scenario at any time except Market Garden - just scroll right and select the mission you want to play.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Kevinorf

Post by Kevinorf »

Doh! I must thought what was true for Market Garden was true for all...
henri51

Post by henri51 »

Note that you can change the difficulty level during a scenario and change it back after you have overcome.

Return to “The War Room”