Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ship ETA

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: Ship ETA Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ship ETA - 7/18/2013 11:59:45 PM   
elanaagain

ah yes. select the ship, and turn on the vectors. Sometimes you have to play with your view distance on the main screen to 'see' the vectors.

USA = Corporatist Serfdom of America: free range surf technology

(in reply to gsol69)
Post #: 31
RE: Ship ETA - 7/19/2013 2:36:09 PM   
gsol69

Thanks Elanaagain, but no go even with the latest patch installed via Steam. I select the ship (in the System view), zoom in / zoom out, toggle Show travel Vectors for State ships on / off, have ship set to explore automated or manual control, but still the only way I can tell where my explorer ship is going is to actually select the ship and read the ship details screen (or hover the mouse over the ship itself. When the screen gets busy as the empire grows, I'm not going to do this for every ship I want to check. I SO wanted DW to be an updated replacement for my beloved MOO 2, which is why I keep buying the expansion packs and getting my hopes up, but I may be giving up now. I miss many things from MOO 2 and the Space Empires series such as controlling tactical combat and readable screens  that show me what I'm producing at each colony at a glance. For me the whole point of growing a civilization is to colonize planets to increase my research points to discover cool components to add to a ships I design and produce to control in tactical combat as they (hopefully) destroy my competitors. Too many tiny fonts for these old eyes as well. 
Looks like I may be back to installing MOO 2 again, or possibly Gal Civ 2 or Space Empires V.

Maybe DW just isn't my thing, but I kept checking back hoping it was!

Thanks again

(in reply to elanaagain)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: Ship ETA Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI