3D/Sound *ducks*

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

lart

3D/Sound *ducks*

Post by lart »

Ignoring the valid focus of the game I wanted to ask, whether you plan to incorporate any kind of representation of the units/platforms in the game (still images,(live) unit viewer)?
Then ignoring all the effort it would take, adding some kind of unit representation combined with i.e. radio chatter would add quite well to the game imho.
If not would adding an API be an option so users can provide gfx/sound resources?
Dimitris

RE: 3D/Sound *ducks*

Post by Dimitris »

Hello,

Users can add platform images that will be visible in the DB viewer. Here is an example from one of our beta testers:

Radio chatter is undesirable for a number of reasons, one being that in non-trivial scale operations it is much more confusing than helping you (run a Falcon-4 campaign at accelerated time and you'll immediately see why).

We plan for sound effects to be customizable.

Thanks!
lart

RE: 3D/Sound *ducks*

Post by lart »

Hello,

Users can add platform images that will be visible in the DB viewer. Here is an example from one of our beta testers

The picture looks great. Thank you.
Concerning the radio chatter I was more thinking of something like Janes Fleet Command, where only a selected/active unit may respond to actions.
Anyway, will buy anyway.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”