Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What the heck is going on?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> What the heck is going on? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What the heck is going on? - 4/13/2013 9:11:42 PM   
Numdydar

Playing the Germany GC game just as Germany using the 1.04 patch. The pictures below tell the sad tale.

In the first one notice the Armor Corp next to Caen.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Numdydar -- 4/13/2013 9:14:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: What the heck is going on? - 4/13/2013 9:12:36 PM   
Numdydar

I run the turn, which for some unkown reason has the Question to support Rummia or not (I have no idea of what the options mean so I go with suport as it does not seem to make any difference) in May when it should not pop up until the end of June correct?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 2
RE: What the heck is going on? - 4/13/2013 9:13:34 PM   
Numdydar

And last but not least, once the turn finishes, the armor corp is gone off the map and back into my list of units to deploy. What the hell?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 3
RE: What the heck is going on? - 4/13/2013 9:49:57 PM   
gwgardner

Some events occur variably within a timeframe, not a specific date. The texts for the events are really what happened historically, so you'll know the background for the event.

Can't tell what happened to your armored corps. The second screenshot is weird.

< Message edited by gwgardner -- 4/13/2013 9:50:29 PM >

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 4
RE: What the heck is going on? - 4/14/2013 2:51:48 AM   
Razz

1) If you support Romania, it leads to war with the Soviet Union.

Romania is your ally. Check diplomacy.

Then war happens between Romania and the Russians.

You are now dragged into the war since you are an ally.

2) it has been eight days since your screen shot. So how do we know what happened with your armor?

The only time a unit goes back into the pool is when a country surrenders or converts to peace.

I can see the French have advanced in eight days.

Can you provide any other information on the armor unit?

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 5
RE: What the heck is going on? - 4/14/2013 3:42:08 AM   
Numdydar

Each tuen is a week in the game that I am playing. So the screen shots are just between the end on one turn for me and the start of my next one.The first screen shot is right before I ended the turn, the third one is when my turn next began. I have saved games for both the end and the start and this happens every time so it is repeatable.

Also while the French were moving, they moved a unit near Cean and the armor corp was still there at the end of the French turn. Iraq moved and then it was Germany's turn and that is when the armor corp was back in the pool to be deployed.

I 'think' this may have occured because of either the event that said prepare for Fall Gleb or the date. I actually broke through the Maginot Line in the Winter of '39 and proceeded to overrun France without going through the Low countries at all . So this combination may have done something 'wacky' with the game.

The other odd thing is I have taken all the production cities in France (execpt Vichy), including Paris. It said France surendered and I now get 70pp more, yet no Vichy France, French units are still running around, etc. So is VF triggered by a specific date regardless of how much of France is captured?

Thanks for the details on the Romania event as I now need to go back and ignore the request as I do not need the Russians to start geting active yet, especially since it looks like I will need to kill off every French unit in France

EDIT:
I can confirm that this occurs sometime during the end of the Frend turn. I lodaed the game and switched France to Human control and the armor corp was there when I ended the French turn. The really odd thing is that the armor corp actually stayed where it was and did NOT go into the pool like before when the French were AI controled. So at least I can contune on without having to wait for the corp to get the way back from Germany .

Also the Romanian event did not fire this time either. So you are correct about it happens around that time but not exactly. Which is nice imho

I have all the saved games for all of this too in case anyone needs them.

< Message edited by Numdydar -- 4/14/2013 3:57:31 AM >

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 6
RE: What the heck is going on? - 4/16/2013 6:16:51 AM   
Razz

When a country surrenders, all units in that country get deployed back into the pool unless it is the country that conquered it.

The reason why Vichy was not created when France surrendered is: There is a small chance the AI will pick "Viva La France" and it will continue to fight to the death.

The reason why the Corps is there on the French turn is due to the fact that the script runs, every turn. So when you loaded it up as France the AI picked a different option.

What is really weird is: The corps should be there no matter what, as that hex is not part of Vichy France.

When Vichy France triggers, all units in Vichy France will be returned to the pool. Why? Because they are in a neutral country called Vichy France.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 7
RE: What the heck is going on? - 4/16/2013 6:41:23 AM   
Numdydar

I guess I did not make myself clear in my posting. You and always seem to misunderstand each other in the forums lol.

So let me see if I can lay this out better so it is clearer.

1. I took Paris when the AI controlled France.
2. I ran the tuen
3. At the begining on my very next turn, beore I was allowed to move anything, a popup came up and announced that France surrendeered. It also told me that my PP improved due to this.
4. When I closed the popup and my turn began, VF did not form and there were still French units all over France and NA
5. Several turns later, the issue with the corps happened. And just that single unit too bty. All the other units were where they should have been.
6. Reloaded the turn right before the corps disappeared and swithched France to Human control
&. Ran the turn and did nothing with the French troops
9. The corps stayed where it was supposted to
10. Saved and reloaded that save switching the French to AI control again
11. Everything worked normally from this point and VF was still not formed
12. Several turns after 10 above, the popup about accepting VF decison or not showed up. I accepted VF and VF was finally formed. As far as I could tell, there was nothing special I did in the last turn that would have caused this to trigger.

So I fought at least 5-10 turns AFTER capturing Paris before VF was formed. Aslo, my PP did go up from the turn Paris was captured (#3 above) even though most of France was still free.

Again, this is with the German GC not the stock GC and 1.04. I have no idea if that was/is the issue or not. Have no idea if the 'keep fighting' option is checked every turn or just once either. If it is checked every turn then that could explian why the VF event did not pop up. If that is the case though, I do not think Germay's PP should be boosted by 70pp just because paris falls. This should only occur if VF is formaed since all long as France is fighting, the factories are not going to be much good to the Germans

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 8
RE: What the heck is going on? - 4/17/2013 3:09:24 AM   
Razz

Hit the R key for reports, scroll down, go to events.

Finder the surrender of France.

Take snap shot and post here.

Then repeat and take a snap shot of the event for Vichy.

Example

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Razz -- 4/17/2013 3:14:55 AM >

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 9
RE: What the heck is going on? - 4/17/2013 5:18:15 AM   
Numdydar

Here you go

You will notice that the turn is the same on this screenshot and the next one, Turn 29

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 10
RE: What the heck is going on? - 4/17/2013 5:19:25 AM   
Numdydar

Same turn

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 11
RE: What the heck is going on? - 4/17/2013 5:20:46 AM   
Numdydar

And on Turn 37, VF is formed. Between Turn 29 and 37 still fighting the French.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Numdydar -- 4/17/2013 5:21:15 AM >

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 12
RE: What the heck is going on? - 4/18/2013 5:02:57 AM   
Razz

81) you did not get 70 PP from the capture of Paris. You gained 70 PP from France because you conquered enough territory to extort money and resources via a tax.
Next event: France did not surrender. It say with the Fall of Pairs, France will surrender in time. Note the word "appears"
Next event: Turn 37, you have captured the cities required to get the option on what to do with France. You choose Peace and now Vichy will form.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> What the heck is going on? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI