I guess I did not make myself clear in my posting. You and always seem to misunderstand each other in the forums lol.
So let me see if I can lay this out better so it is clearer.
1. I took Paris when the AI controlled France.
2. I ran the tuen
3. At the begining on my very next turn, beore I was allowed to move anything, a popup came up and announced that France surrendeered. It also told me that my PP improved due to this.
4. When I closed the popup and my turn began, VF did not form and there were still French units all over France and NA
5. Several turns later, the issue with the corps happened. And just that single unit too bty. All the other units were where they should have been.
6. Reloaded the turn right before the corps disappeared and swithched France to Human control
&. Ran the turn and did nothing with the French troops
9. The corps stayed where it was supposted to
10. Saved and reloaded that save switching the French to AI control again
11. Everything worked normally from this point and VF was still not formed
12. Several turns after 10 above, the popup about accepting VF decison or not showed up. I accepted VF and VF was finally formed. As far as I could tell, there was nothing special I did in the last turn that would have caused this to trigger.
So I fought at least 5-10 turns AFTER capturing Paris before VF was formed. Aslo, my PP did go up from the turn Paris was captured (#3 above) even though most of France was still free.
Again, this is with the German GC not the stock GC and 1.04. I have no idea if that was/is the issue or not. Have no idea if the 'keep fighting' option is checked every turn or just once either. If it is checked every turn then that could explian why the VF event did not pop up. If that is the case though, I do not think Germay's PP should be boosted by 70pp just because paris falls. This should only occur if VF is formaed since all long as France is fighting, the factories are not going to be much good to the Germans