PBEM problem with selecting countries

Strategic War in Europe is a grand strategy game where you command one or more of the 25 countries in the game. War, diplomacy, technological progress, recruitment, conquest – this is all in your hands. There are no restrictions to the actions you can perform during your turn: unit movement, purchase, attack, technology investment, reinforcement, all of those can be done at any moment during the turn.

Moderator: doomtrader

borsook79

PBEM problem with selecting countries

Post by borsook79 »

I tried to start my first PBEM game, I selected Germany, Italy and other Axis as playable by me, and all Allies/Soviet for my opponents. He can play all those countries, but I can only play Germany, other countries are set to AI. If I, or my opponent try to change it nothing happens, it is still only Germany. What can I do? The event option was set to AI if it matters.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
Doublesixjunkie

RE: PBEM problem with selecting countries

Post by Doublesixjunkie »

I am involved in a 3 player game starting in 1939. I selected to play Germany and Italy, another choose Great Britain and The United States and the third player is France and the USSR. Each country was selected in the PBEM settings with the correct human player.

However only the USSR and France player has been able to keep both countries under his control. Myself I lose Italy and the other player loses the USA.

Each turn we change the setting back from AI to human control for these countries but it does not seem to remain that way and goes back to AI control every time.

How do we get round this problem?

Thank you.
Symple

Post by Symple »

Hmm, silence is telling. Must mean this is a touchy issue.
Nimrod 9th

Post by Nimrod 9th »

In a PBEM game with two others. We had the same issue. But by trial and error and finally just pushing on to see what happens we figured it out. If a country isn't at war, a human can't control it (USSR is an exemption). Once Italy joins the war, you can change it to human. Once USA enters, a human can control it (we're hoping because we're not that far yet but it did happen with Italy). Seems like a sentence or two in the manual sure would have cleared up that issue.
Symple

Post by Symple »

Makes sense. This kind of is working for us now. Thanks for posting.
Titan

Post by Titan »

OK, This is good... im trying to play pbem with just me loading up three players but im lost on what folder to copy where? I note the folder goes to documents/my games etc...Then what? lets say ive emailed that folder to myself where does it go? as currently im getting player has played turn

Return to “Strategic War in Europe”