IGoUGo or WeGo?

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Capt Cliff

IGoUGo or WeGo?

Post by Capt Cliff »

Which system is the Decisive Campaigns series? IgoUgo or WeGo?
Capt. Cliff
Keunert

RE: IGoUGo or WeGo?

Post by Keunert »

I go you go
Hugolin

Post by Hugolin »

But wherever you go, expect a lot of Russians! [:)]
Capt Cliff

Post by Capt Cliff »

ORIGINAL: Keunert

I go you go

Bummmer. Will no one recreate the V4V series games?? Bleh!
Capt. Cliff
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

The IgoUgo in this game works. The main problem I see from IgoUgo games is that the time scale is wrong for the scale of units. The reality is, one side or the other will have the initiative at different times. An attacker can usually expect some time to go by before the enemy can react to his attack.

The problem with WeGo is it becomes somewhat random. You get units that 'run' into each other. You get units that move in silly directions while attacks are going on. And usually devolve into one side attacking the other in one area of the front while the reverse occurs in another. Which might as well be done by IGoUgo.

If your time scale is fine enough....then the defender can still react to an offensive by pushing stuff in the way, or retreating to new lines.

Case Blue uses 2 day turns for a divisional sized attack game. That works well.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”