Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor: Air movement costs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Editor: Air movement costs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor: Air movement costs - 4/12/2013 12:55:53 PM   
Erik Nygaard

I want the air units to pay a cost of 1AP pr hex moved into (the default is zero costs for transfers between airfields).
I first set the SFT AirOverrule=1 (default is -1). But this appears to have no effect.
I then set the AirOverrule=2 for all air unit SFTs, this results in a 1AP cost pr hex. Very good.

But this limits the movement range for paradrops to 50 hexes which means it does not work properly for this scenario.
Probably because the program now divides all air operation ranges like air transports and recon missions by a factor of 2.

So I created a ExecMoveTypeModifier event and set the value = 50 for this movement type used for the JU52s.
This means the cost should now be 50% and the movement range should be back to 100.
I also tried setting the value=25, but this did not change the result.

But this does not work. It appears that the event has no effect.
Now, if the AirOverrule=1 had worked, my problem would have been solved.
Any way around this?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Erik Nygaard -- 4/12/2013 12:56:35 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Editor: Air movement costs - 4/12/2013 5:15:29 PM   
Vic

Hi Erik,

Sorry to report a no here. 1 ap is the lowest cost for travelling over a hex. 50ap is thus the max range for an aircraft. Its not a decimal system so its either 0ap (which you should not use) or 1 ap.

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Erik Nygaard)
Post #: 2
RE: Editor: Air movement costs - 4/12/2013 7:48:55 PM   
Erik Nygaard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

Hi Erik,

Sorry to report a no here. 1 ap is the lowest cost for travelling over a hex. 50ap is thus the max range for an aircraft. Its not a decimal system so its either 0ap (which you should not use) or 1 ap.

best,
Vic

Ok, but is the 1AP cost (AirOverrule=1) pr hex really working for aircraft?
In my tests aircraft may transfer between airfields at zero costs using this value.
Or am I missing something here...

Erik

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Editor: Air movement costs - 4/13/2013 11:46:37 AM   
Vic

The air AP rule determines the maximum range of the aircraft. It is divided by 2 to get the range for movement in which the aircraft does not have to return to base. Max you can set it is thus 2.

A possible workaround if you really want too is to use scripting and use the ExecUnitAPModify in combination with CheckUnitRdn and CheckUnitAp at start of turn on all units to give you aircraft units some appropriate ammount of extra AP.

best,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 4/13/2013 11:54:15 AM >

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Erik Nygaard)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Editor: Air movement costs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI