Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Support/Shipping Engineers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Naval Support/Shipping Engineers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Support/Shipping Engineers - 4/11/2013 1:31:24 PM   
Icedawg

I am a bit confused about how these impact loading of cargo. I thought I read somewhere that these only impact loading of resources and supply, not fuel and oil. Is this true, or do they also actually help loading the liquids?
Post #: 1
RE: Naval Support/Shipping Engineers - 4/11/2013 1:44:11 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I am a bit confused about how these impact loading of cargo. I thought I read somewhere that these only impact loading of resources and supply, not fuel and oil. Is this true, or do they also actually help loading the liquids?

correct. Read my econ101 doc in my sig or look at the manual for the relevant info. p124

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval Support/Shipping Engineers - 4/11/2013 2:07:56 PM   
dr.hal

If you stop and think about it, liquids flow through a pipe and no matter how many stevedores you might have, it will not speed up the flow one drop!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval Support/Shipping Engineers - 4/11/2013 2:40:05 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

correct. Read my econ101 doc in my sig or look at the manual for the relevant info. p124

they do help loading fuel if you load a xAK with fuel though. That way you can load masses of fuel on freighters faster than on dedicated tankers. The compartment on the xAK that is supposed to hold liquid (fuel) only is loading like a TK, the rest (means the big majority of the freighter's capacity) loads like loading supply which loads like hell if there is enough nav support around.

Seems like an oversight to me, don't know if it is working as designed. But that question could be asked back in WITP already when I moved probably as much fuel around in xAK as I did in TK. One of the aspects that makes it so easy. Freighters should be limited to carry fuel only in the compartments that are built for loading fuel, not like carrying 50% of the total fuel on the map in drums. So many drums were never built nor could you load it faster than a TK that way.

< Message edited by castor troy -- 4/11/2013 2:43:54 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 4
RE: Naval Support/Shipping Engineers - 4/11/2013 8:28:28 PM   
Lokasenna

I don't know why it couldn't be representing lots and lots (and lots and lots) of 55-gallon drums filled with oil/fuel.

I mean, that's an absurd number of drums if you're doing it on a large scale, but still - abstractions.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 5
RE: Naval Support/Shipping Engineers - 4/12/2013 12:33:55 AM   
wdolson

Yes, it is assumed that liquids loaded into cargo space are in drums. This is why the space used per ton of fuel or oil is so much larger on an AK.

AKs are much better at moving resources and supplies than fuel, but in a pinch, they can be loaded with barrels of fuel. Since the Allies have a lot of AKs, you can move a lot of fuel this way.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 6
RE: Naval Support/Shipping Engineers - 4/12/2013 12:34:40 PM   
catwhoorg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

I don't know why it couldn't be representing lots and lots (and lots and lots) of 55-gallon drums filled with oil/fuel.

I mean, that's an absurd number of drums if you're doing it on a large scale, but still - abstractions.

Placed on pallets its not too bad.

Actually quite a few modern chemicals are shifted in this manner for local use.

(Chemicals that fall into the mid range, that I need more than a gallon, and somewhat less than a rail car, the old 55 gallon drum is about it for packaging, so the producers palletise them, ship them to distribution and then onwards.)

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Naval Support/Shipping Engineers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI