Flight Radar - Tracks world aircraft positions.

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Mobius

Flight Radar - Tracks world aircraft positions.

Post by Mobius »

Here's a cool site that shows live aircraft positions.
http://www.flightradar24.com/
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Josh

RE: Flight Radar - Tracks world aircraft positions.

Post by Josh »

Cool [:)]
I have something similar on my smartphone, with "Layar" an augmented reality program I can use "Casper", a program which follows all the planes in the sky above me. All I have to do is point or aim the phone to the part of the sky I want to see and the program automatically detects the planes, whether I can actually see them or not. I also show all the side information like what plane it is, where it's destination is and so on.
So in the old days I could see planes overhead, but *now* I can know all about it, type, destination, and so on... pretty cool if you ask me.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

What is interesting is where the planes are flying and where they are not. Back in the cold war a Korea Air strayed over the Soviet Union and was shot down. Now I see aircraft from the middle east over flying Russia headed for the USA and other places in the Americas.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Pretty cool, what worried me is seeing 4-6 question marks across the US that stated "no call sign".

And I wonder when we allowed foreign flag carriers to travel US to US cities. Because you dang sure don't see any US carriers flying Madrid to Barcelona or Madrid to Frankfurt.
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR
Because you dang sure don't see any US carriers flying Madrid to Barcelona or Madrid to Frankfurt.
Is this because they are forbidden to do so or because they see no profit in it?
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Forbidden to do so. EU airlines can fly domestic between any EU airlines but only fly outside Madrid to Miami from their home country.

Return to “General Discussion”