Matrix Games Forums

Players compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta EstDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Enhanced Officers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Enhanced Officers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Enhanced Officers - 4/10/2013 12:14:17 PM   
lancer

G'day,

I'm looking for ideas.

Vic has indicated that the code base for the Officers add-on will remain stable for the forseeable future. After poking around the code for a few days I can see that there is a lot of scope for adding in new features which I'd like to do as a standalone option to go with my other mods (Enhanced Resources and Enhanced AI).

Any general improvement ideas would be welcome given that people have had enough time to get used to the Officers and figure out what more, if anything, they'd like.

One thing I'd like to do is to further differentiate the regimes. At present you get a special unit and a few rule tweaks. My idea is to have officers of a particular regime draw from their own regime specific deck of Action cards. So the Japanese draw from a Japanese deck rather than all Officers from all regimes drawing from a single generic source.

This is doable but I need some help with regime Action Cards. Here's how the system works at present.

There are three decks of cards. An Officer takes his first Action Card from deck 1. The second from deck 2 and the last from deck 3.

Deck 1
Charge / Bombard / Blitz / Hold

Deck 2
Training / Pillage / Fortify / Inundate / Operational Planning / Intelligence Operations

Deck 3

Rebels / Sabotage / Volunteers / Organise Wargames

A fair bit of thought has gone into this (Vic) as the high use cards are all in deck 1 and that's where an Officers first card will come from. They also only get one card from each deck which ensures you don't end up with huge discrepancies between Officers and they each receive a decent spread of abilities.

So given the above structure and a desire to tailor the cards to regimes I'm thinking along the lines of giving the Germans, for instance, a Blitz card but renaming it 'Blitzkreig', upping the effect and lowering the chance of the Officer getting injured. That's 'cause the Germans specalised in this type of warfare. If you're playing the German you should expect to be able to bash holes in the opposition with your Panzers.

Between snorts of Schnapps, of course.

If you were the Chinese perhaps instead of 'Charge' you could have 'Human Wave' which gives a big bonus to attacks by Militia units. Cheap and cheerful.

There is plenty of scope for brand new cards, not just variations of existing ones. Maybe the Japanese could have a card to play on level bombers giving them extra range, eg. their 'Betties'.

You get the idea.

Which is, by the way, exactly what I'm after.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Lancer

< Message edited by lancer -- 4/10/2013 12:27:34 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Enhanced Officers - 4/10/2013 2:47:05 PM   
Jafele

Good day Lancer.

There are loads of unreleased feedback in this link: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3239159

My favourite ones are to have air/infantry/naval officers; supreme commanders that get experience controling common officers and a more realistic approach to the use of cards. A complete officers system adds a lot of enjoyment to ATG.

Cheers

< Message edited by Jafele -- 4/10/2013 9:54:23 PM >

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 2
RE: Enhanced Officers - 4/10/2013 3:03:27 PM   
Josh

Just some lose thoughts; cards for the Germans;

Capture extra oil, say 2.000 or so.

Capture enemy units like Flak or obsolete armour that they many times used in occupied countries.

"Hals schmerzen" is what the german paraphrase is for those desperate to get the Iron Cross... so maybe extra 10% morale? a 100% could even get to 110%...

"Igelstellung" or the German forces are cut off but the isolated forces get a 25% supply bonus for 2-3 turns (or maybe a few *virtual* (no real transporters as they would have to be placed in a city/airfield) transporters to deliver supply.. they would be subjected to enemy fighter CAP), reflecting the fact that until late in the war even isolated groups were a force to be reckoned with.  

"Front Urlaub" your depleted battered unit gets send to Paris for some much needed R&R, the unit is taken out from the frontline and is returned 1-2 turns later fully restored...maybe add even some Inf Mg's etc.

"Durchhalten" facing impossible odds the troops trust the Führers words; hang on help is on the way; 10-20% extra morale/ entrenchment/ supply.

"Weißbrot-Bataillonen" late in the war every hospital and what not was searched for soldiers that up till then had escaped actual frontduty because they couldn't digest the usual chow, therefor they were called white bread troops. Usually not very motivated forces and with all sorts of physical problems. When played it adds a few low morale low Exp. Inf units with some Mg's Mortars.

"Kettenhunde" your local MP you don't want to meet. They were placed behind the lines to pick up and send back everyone not having the proper papers. As this is not really reflected in the game I'd say 10% of your losses that turn for that HQ are replaced.

"Defaitist" a worse from of Kettenhunde, late in the war everyone not having the right papers or being accused of defaitism, was shot or hanged. Didn't do much to improve morale but it sure put fear in the grunts, maybe add 10% morale or so but kill 5% of that unit. (not very fond of that solution by the way so anything better has my approval)

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 3
RE: Enhanced Officers - 4/10/2013 4:02:09 PM   
Vic

Nice to see somebody is picking up where i left off!

Here follow some french suggestions. feel free to ignore them all if you dont like them :)

"Mon Maginot", Improve existing forts or somehow make it easier to build them

"Grand Fete", Grand celebrations in the honour of the country and the people => extra (base)morale

"Maquis", Rebels or live-of-the-land by turning farmland around leader in supply.

"Mon Monument", Build a big monument to the glory of the nation in a city or the current location. Everybody present in or around this hex gets a morale bonus.

"Foreign Legion", Mercenaries arrive to help the cause (maybe use the african or arab people group for this for some diversity and to reflect the strong historical colonial connections of france)

"Grognards!", By shuffling your forces around you decrease overall experience but create one highly experience unit.

"Revolution!", Very dangerous high level card. Very Low % to be able to play to it, very low % to actually get it. If all goes well a more effective form of government is installed: your basemorale and industrial production modifier is increased. However it can go partly or totally wrong causing parts or half of your country to split off into a different regime named after one of the rebel cities or commanders.

< Message edited by Vic -- 4/10/2013 4:04:51 PM >

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 4
RE: Enhanced Officers - 4/11/2013 4:46:11 AM   
lancer

G'day Jafele,

quote:

and a more realistic approach to the use of cards

What do you mean by this?

[edit] I went back and read the other thread. Got it. [/edit]

Cheers,
Lancer

< Message edited by lancer -- 4/11/2013 5:23:34 AM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Enhanced Officers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI