Time of Fury v1.04 Update

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

Philkian

Time of Fury v1.04 Update

Post by Philkian »

Matrix Games and Wastelands Interactive (www.wastelands-interactive.com) announce the release of the 1.04 update for the WWII grand strategy wargame Time of Fury.

The v1.04 update contains numerous correction in terms of supply distribution (e.g. for air units), AI improvements (now the AI uses Nuclear Bombs more aggressively), and events settings. The update also includes game play balancing, new features like nukes are now acquired every four months instead of each month (moddable) and most importantly, compatibility with the latest Windows 8 Operating System.

Check below the full change list:

v1.04 – April 9, 2013

Fixes

•Fixed supply distribution problems for air units.
•Deleted ghost fleet in Fall Gelb campaign causing the game to crash.
•ChangeSMP event's method now correctly changes the values of SMP.
•Entrenchment bonus now removed just after the unit has moved, not at the end of turn.
•Game can be always running in Quick Start mode as Allies.
•Fixed display of the Defenders effective strength value.
•Fixed supply distribution problems.

Events

•Added new method for events Hex.AddFrozenLandUnitAndPassControlOverHexIfEmpty (int hexX, int hexY, int countryID, int unitType, int unitLevel, int unitStrength, int turnsfrozen, name).

Game Play

•Soviet effectiveness reduction impact decreased by 50% and probability to recover increased 3 times.
•Winter War most probably end after Soviets capture of Helsinki or Vyborg. (715)
•Soviets social unrest now will gain 50% hit (was 10%) if Winter War peace won't be accepted. (335)

Features

•Nukes are now acquired every four months instead of each month (moddable).
•Nuclear report added to the reports.

Fixes

•AI now uses the Nuclear Bombs more eagerly.

v1.03

Fixes

•Fixed problems with wrong assigned movement costs.
•Number of people and equipment in units now displayed correctly.
•Fleets without any naval units assigned are now automatically disbanded at the end of the turn.
•Fixed problems with calculating terrain type modifiers for defenders.
•Improved issues with wrong display of the fog of war.
•Some fixes with the stability.
•Fixed display of air superiority.

Gameplay

•Now if a unit is returned to the force pool with a commander, then the commander is reassigned from the unit.
• Changed supply schedule, now convoys are performed after selecting supply sources by units.
•It is now possible to see full description for all events

Features

•It is possible now that the Disembark will fail every time a unit will try to unload from a sea zone where enemy fleet has got advantage.

GUI

•If a unit is hidden under the Fog of War, then clicking on a hex with that unit does not reveal Unit Panel.

Other

•If unit has got -1,-1 coordinates assigned it is always put into the reserve, even if the proper value is not entered.
•Windows 8 compatibility

The v1.04 update is comprehensive and will bring all versions of Time of Fury to v1.04.
To download the update, players can run “Check for Update” via the game menu or download it directly from the game’s download page here

Get more information on Time of Fury from its official product page.
borsook79

RE: Time of Fury v1.04 Update

Post by borsook79 »

The link to the patch does not work.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
Grimnirsson

Post by Grimnirsson »

The auto updater when the game is started does work :)

Well, I have this game on my HDD a long time now, a really long time and so far refused to play it because the community here seemed to agree (maybe with the exception of Gary ;)) that it's not working as it should. Do the veteran players here care to tell me how far we have come with this 1.04 patch to the 'final' patch - in other words, is this game now working in a convincing way? Thanks. :)
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: Grimnirsson

Well, I have this game on my HDD a long time now, a really long time and so far refused to play it because the community here seemed to agree (maybe with the exception of Gary ;)) that it's not working as it should. Do the veteran players here care to tell me how far we have come with this 1.04 patch to the 'final' patch - in other words, is this game now working in a convincing way? Thanks. :)

Funny. Obviously my opinion doesn't carry much weight with you, but the answer is yes.

Grimnirsson

Post by Grimnirsson »

Funny. Obviously my opinion doesn't carry much weight with you, but the answer is yes.

It does carry a lot of weight Gary, I consider you as one the most trustworthy voices here when it comes to ToF since you have a ton of experience with it. But it seemed that other players had a different opinion and some probs and so the overall picture was that the game is not polished enough. Just wanted to know what those who didn't give up the game do think now that 1.04 is official - including you of course. :)
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

I have been playing this game from the beginning, I have had no trouble with any downloads and used all of the updated versions. I am aware of the various problems in the game, but have still enjoyed playing, some scenarios are better than others, Fall Gelb has been the basis for most of my games, but I would like to use 'Gotterdammerung' as the basis for an Allied invasion strategy, knowing that it will have to be map edited to fix some problems.

I keep all of my saved games, moving some of them to a separate archive to avoid cluttering the game screen, but this gives me intermediate starting points for new games, effectively new scenarios. Modifying files has been easy, in notepad, or Excel, once you understand some of the workings of the game. Project this evening is to rename the Atlantic sea zones, some of which are too cluttered, I know that many will say that such things should not be necessary, but being realistic, nothing is ever perfect and it's nice to have such an open game system that can be tweaked.

Most things that I don't agree with in the game can be fixed by modifying the scenario 'const' file and by imposing house rules to make the game more challenging when playing against the AI. The only major problem I can't easily modify is convoy routing, but this is not a game breaker and I expect that it can be rectified.

The map and unit preferences, plus some mods imported from other players and SOP makes the game look really good, although this is personal opinion, others will have different tastes.

The game has been playable from the beginning, not perfect, but playable, I know other people's experience has been different, see the discussion on CTDs in the Tech section, I don't know why some people have not been able to get the game to run, whilst I have had some CTDs I have always been able to get new games and earlier saved games to run.

One aspect is that there are several undocumented features and the game gets much better as you discover what it can do. Unexplained events occur, which can be frustrating, but I consider the uncertainty that the game generates is part of the realism, the historical characters did not always know what was going to happen next. We all know the timeline of the actual events and what to expect, but how many times must the actual commanders have yelled '****** that shouldn't have happened'. I am playing situations that I've never read about in the history books and don't want to know what's coming next.

I am fairly relaxed about the balance of the game, recognising that it's trying to cover from 1939 to the end of the war and from the Atlantic to the Urals, it would be impossible to get this completely right and it's not surprising the game system creaks.

The conclusion is that the game is quite good and can be made a whole lot better, but why rely on the opinions of others, give it a try.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

ORIGINAL: Grimnirsson

I feel the land part is almost perfect. I still dislike the naval combat, too much shooting with not enough hits, it gets boring very quickly. And after playing Strategic War in Europe I have to say that too many scenarios in ToF are imbalanced. E.g. on Hard Germany in 1939 can't even support its starting troops. Having all that in mind, it's worth playing.

And the patch still can't be downloaded from matrix...
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

My vote is a hearty thumbs up. Still needs some gameplay tweaking that can be worked out with the great suggestions in this forum, but game is fun, reasonably fast, and I have had no CTD to date since 1.04beta.
JRR
elmerlee

Post by elmerlee »

Seems everything with TOF is a chore.

The new patch cannot be downloaded with ingame update and is not in Matrix Member section.

At least by me...........................

So what gives???????????????
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

ORIGINAL: elmerlee

Seems everything with TOF is a chore.

The new patch cannot be downloaded with ingame update and is not in Matrix Member section.

At least by me...........................

So what gives???????????????
Matrix is very slow and problematic of late when it comes to publishing patches, things like that are not limited to ToF. That said the download from ToF product page (not members area) finally started working yesterday (at least for me).
Grimnirsson

Post by Grimnirsson »

Again, I had no problem to get the update via the ingame updater...
battlevonwar

Post by battlevonwar »

People get way critical, be quite thankful we have a good hexagon WW2 wargame in existence that is being updated. I will say it's slow going in the modifications but so far I am seeing 'something'. Plus we have a community here. Let's keep working with the dev and let's just say is there a competitor?
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

ORIGINAL: battlevonwar

People get way critical, be quite thankful we have a good hexagon WW2 wargame in existence that is being updated. I will say it's slow going in the modifications but so far I am seeing 'something'. Plus we have a community here. Let's keep working with the dev and let's just say is there a competitor?
CEAW2 hopefully. :)
elmerlee

Post by elmerlee »

Thanks Borsook. Got it on the products page.

Return to “Time of Fury”