Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Political penalties

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Political penalties Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Political penalties - 4/9/2013 3:23:03 AM   
warshipbuilder

Although there is no mention of it in the manual, I was wondering if you are penalised for bombing Paris, Rome or perhaps Vienna and some other cities. There are "legitimate" targets in those locales, but what would have been the political fallout and the propaganda mileage that could have been had, had the Eiffel Tower had been turned in to so much scrap steel or the Sistine Chapel turned in to dust? The mind boggles. Sooooo do I need to worry about this or can I carpet bomb what I want and not worry?

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
Post #: 1
RE: Political penalties - 4/9/2013 4:16:24 AM   
Texeiro

You can bomb those cities, but you won´t get terror points. Occupied countrie´s cities won´t give you terror points at all.

(in reply to warshipbuilder)
Post #: 2
RE: Political penalties - 4/9/2013 6:23:29 PM   
npsergio

Do anybody knows which are the occupied countries?
I mean, it's sure that Greece, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland, Danemark, Poland are occupied countries, but:
- what about Italy post 43 surrender?
- what about Chekoslovakia and Austria (they where invaded but become part of the reich, except Slovakia if I'm right)?
- What about Yougoslavian countries (Kroatia, Serbia, etc)?
- What about minor allies (Bulgary, Romania, Hungary)?

Sorry, but it's not clear for me... And sorry for my spelling... I'm not sure that these are the correct country names in english...

Thanks in advance for your answers!

(in reply to Texeiro)
Post #: 3
RE: Political penalties - 5/29/2013 5:44:35 PM   
npsergio

Any idea about this?

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 4
RE: Political penalties - 5/31/2013 4:22:04 PM   
Dobey

quote:

ORIGINAL: npsergio

Do anybody knows which are the occupied countries?
I mean, it's sure that Greece, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland, Danemark, Poland are occupied countries, but:
- what about Italy post 43 surrender?
- what about Chekoslovakia and Austria (they where invaded but become part of the reich, except Slovakia if I'm right)?
- What about Yougoslavian countries (Kroatia, Serbia, etc)?
- What about minor allies (Bulgary, Romania, Hungary)?

Sorry, but it's not clear for me... And sorry for my spelling... I'm not sure that these are the correct country names in english...

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Austria - Yes, Czechoslovakia - I think so, but haven't tried.
Minors (Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania) - YES!
Yugoslavia - Haven't tested but I believe I saw a forum post that said that they DID produce terror points.

France, Belgiuam, Holland, - confirm NO!. No points for bombing these, but if you hit the city while targeting a tactical target (ie rail) that is acceptable collateral - ie no loss of points.

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 5
RE: Political penalties - 6/1/2013 1:48:47 PM   
npsergio

Thanks!
Any idea about Italy?

Regards

(in reply to Dobey)
Post #: 6
RE: Political penalties - 6/3/2013 3:44:57 PM   
Dobey

quote:

ORIGINAL: npsergio

Thanks!
Any idea about Italy?

Regards

I haven't checked later in the war but even after the initial "Italy surrenders" event you get terror points for bombing the occupied areas north of the Gustav line. That is the area that becomes the CSI.

Easiest way to check any of these is to make a note of your terror score, bomb a target city in the area you choose, then check your terror score and see if it has changed.

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Political penalties Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI