Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ios?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> ios? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ios? - 4/8/2013 6:50:45 PM   
freeboy

I know I went from mac hater to convert after the Ipad 4gen wowed me... can you say BORG?
Are there any plans to port these fine games to ios?
Post #: 1
RE: ios? - 4/8/2013 6:55:51 PM   
rogo727

Welcome to the club. Have you tried legion for the iPad yet? It's a great game. I have heard nothing about this game being ported to the iPad
quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

I know I went from mac hater to convert after the Ipad 4gen wowed me... can you say BORG?
Are there any plans to port these fine games to ios?

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 2
RE: ios? - 4/8/2013 9:16:04 PM   
freeboy

quote:

s

I played legion (pc) to death, still burned out after a few years.. but it is a great game...

There are some noce pc adaptations... a battle of the bulge game, a few older space sims..
Its nice when not on my huge laptop, it seems monstrous at 19 inches! lol
Im surprised at how much I enjoy the ipad... had mac at work and did not think they where anything special but now i am saying resistance is futile! lol

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 3
RE: ios? - 4/9/2013 5:59:47 AM   
rogo727

Did you know with air play you can play any iPad games on your TV . I like playing starwars trench run in HD on a big screen. To play BA on a big screen is neat too.
quote:

quote:

s

I played legion (pc) to death, still burned out after a few years.. but it is a great game...

There are some noce pc adaptations... a battle of the bulge game, a few older space sims..
Its nice when not on my huge laptop, it seems monstrous at 19 inches! lol
Im surprised at how much I enjoy the ipad... had mac at work and did not think they where anything special but now i am saying resistance is futile! lol

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 4
RE: ios? - 4/9/2013 2:11:11 PM   
vonRocko

Sorry guys, you will not see this on ipad.

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 5
RE: ios? - 4/10/2013 4:57:46 AM   
freeboy

how to get ipad on my plasma?

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 6
RE: ios? - 4/10/2013 11:12:01 PM   
rogo727

First of all don't let the old farts on here tell you that modern technology is killing the wargames. If you can get past that you can get a VGA cord to hook up to your TV or get Apple TV . Also download splashtop for iPad you can play panzer corps via your iPad thru your TV. Hell you can even play WITE. 0n a 60 inch screen if you like.
quote:

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 7
RE: ios? - 4/10/2013 11:13:46 PM   
rogo727

Not even in my top 20 games that I want to see on my iPad from matrix. And that's saying something.
quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 8
RE: ios? - 4/11/2013 1:43:12 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Not even in my top 20 games that I want to see on my iPad from matrix. And that's saying something.
quote:

Yes I know, it's not a beer and pretzel game. That's all the ipod could handle. If you guys want to play on big screens, why not use your computer instead of wishing your ipod was a desktop?

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 9
RE: ios? - 4/11/2013 1:47:11 PM   
wodin

Nothing to do with being an old fart my end..why buy an IPad just to play it on the TV? You may aswell just stick with the PC which has way more power on hand aswell..also IPads are a luxury to far due to their price..I could never afford one. I can only afford one piece of tech and thats a PC. Money\Cost is the main reason I'd never own one and why I get abit worked up that we get alot of Ipad only wargames these days..where someone with an Ipad usually can afford a PC and gets everything they want. Now if games came out on both fair enough..but Ipad only winds me up.
quote:

First of all don't let the old farts on here tell you that modern technology is killing the wargames. If you can get past that you can get a VGA cord to hook up to your TV or get Apple TV . Also download splashtop for iPad you can play panzer corps via your iPad thru your TV. Hell you can even play WITE. 0n a 60 inch screen if you like.
quote:

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 10
RE: ios? - 4/11/2013 5:40:20 PM   
rogo727

It is portable for starters. The iPad can handle more than just beer and preszel games its just that no deep rich war-games are available yet for it with the exception of the battle of the bulge game. And please note that mr. v hasn't an iPad so take with a grain of salt what he says about the iPad.
quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes I know, it's not a beer and pretzel game. That's all the ipod could handle. If you guys want to play on big screens, why not use your computer instead of wishing your ipod was a desktop?

< Message edited by rogo727 -- 4/12/2013 3:59:02 AM >

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 11
RE: ios? - 4/11/2013 5:48:09 PM   
rogo727

I didn't buy the iPad just to play games on my TV .... It's just a nice feature to have. While some see the iPad and android tablets a "luxury" to have I use mine for work and pleasure and in fact I use my laptop less and less. In the five plus years of owning apple products I never once had a problem with them. It also should be noted that there is not one thing I cannot do on my iPad than I can do on my laptop. In fact you could say I can do more with my iPad than my laptop. So don't let people talk you out of it by saying words like "power". I probably won't ever again buy a PC no need for it.
quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Nothing to do with being an old fart my end..why buy an IPad just to play it on the TV? You may aswell just stick with the PC which has way more power on hand aswell..also IPads are a luxury to far due to their price..I could never afford one. I can only afford one piece of tech and thats a PC. Money\Cost is the main reason I'd never own one and why I get abit worked up that we get alot of Ipad only wargames these days..where someone with an Ipad usually can afford a PC and gets everything they want. Now if games came out on both fair enough..but Ipad only winds me up.
quote:

quote:

< Message edited by rogo727 -- 4/12/2013 2:23:26 AM >

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 12
RE: ios? - 4/15/2013 3:56:29 PM   
freeboy

It's all about ease of use, so

Ipad streams some movies and tv
Does most other things well
Not great for streaming to man cave plasma, not bad just some stuff works, and the plasma not really ideal for some games
This game IMO would work well as a iOS game from the end user side, sometimes we look at things from a different perspective, I e pricing models, and things are acceptable or desirable which previously never would be.. Ie ipad for me or a developer selling a game for under 10$ and making big bank.
Now where is my laptop. Lol

When my ipad runs faster than my laptop and with equally high resolution

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 13
RE: ios? - 4/15/2013 4:10:24 PM   
freeboy

ok, after starting my asleep laptop, struggling with my security protocols, I turn off the wifi to protect against well the bads, and struggling with the touch pad, always needed a mouse....I wanat the best of both worlds.. hi res easy and fun without all the little nagging things I put up with...

I thought it appropriate since Im now on the laptop to follow up. AND why am I on my laptop? The game in question is not tablet ready.. lol
good gaming friends of all colors

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 14
RE: ios? - 4/16/2013 6:20:31 AM   
rogo727

I guess im not understanding you??! With splashtop your iPad is your laptop. With AirPlay you can play any game in HDTV . Have a smart phone? Now you have a mouse. I enjoy playing panzer corps this way.
quote:

It's all about ease of use, so

Ipad streams some movies and tv
Does most other things well
Not great for streaming to man cave plasma, not bad just some stuff works, and the plasma not really ideal for some games
This game IMO would work well as a iOS game from the end user side, sometimes we look at things from a different perspective, I e pricing models, and things are acceptable or desirable which previously never would be.. Ie ipad for me or a developer selling a game for under 10$ and making big bank.
Now where is my laptop. Lol

When my ipad runs faster than my laptop and with equally high resolution

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 15
RE: ios? - 4/20/2013 4:06:06 AM   
freeboy

seriously your phone is your mouse???
thats cool..
I have an iphone 3g, are they synced via bluetooth or wifi?
I remind you not all products will stream from an ipad through to the tv... My mancave plasma is off limits to games
lol
But the other flatscreans are not off limits...
Im not sold on ipad games yet though, most of the grog heavytitles are not being ported over... again I love my ipad.... and heck if they got the stones to call another one a mini pad... shooot I believe im converted..
Glad for you that you are enjoying your toys... seriously how do you link a smart phone as a mouse ?

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 16
RE: ios? - 4/20/2013 9:45:06 PM   
rogo727

It's called mobile mouse pro. It's very easy to install. I like you was not an apple fan at the start. For my birthday many years ago I got an iPod touch 1. Overnight I was sold .
quote:

seriously your phone is your mouse???
thats cool..
I have an iphone 3g, are they synced via bluetooth or wifi?
I remind you not all products will stream from an ipad through to the tv... My mancave plasma is off limits to games
lol
But the other flatscreans are not off limits...
Im not sold on ipad games yet though, most of the grog heavytitles are not being ported over... again I love my ipad.... and heck if they got the stones to call another one a mini pad... shooot I believe im converted..
Glad for you that you are enjoying your toys... seriously how do you link a smart phone as a mouse ?

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> ios? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI