Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Phantom Leader

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Phantom Leader Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Phantom Leader - 4/6/2013 3:21:54 PM   
tgb

Dan Verssen Games (dvg.com) has just released the PC version of Phantom Leader. It's only $20 and it's excellent.
What's amazing to me is how much I'm enjoying the game. If you had told me when I was 17 or 18 (1970) that one day I'd be planning air missions over Viet Nam and weighing the uses of napalm, I probably would have slashed my wrists.

One caveat: The game is only available directly from him, and he personally sends out links to the download, so if you happen to order while he's walking the dog or taking a dump or on vacation, you might have a bit of a wait.
Post #: 1
RE: Phantom Leader - 4/6/2013 3:48:29 PM   
Punk Reaper

Really enjoying the iPad version. Plays nicely on the iPad but feel it would need to be something more for the pc version. Maybe videos of attacks, aircraft etc...

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 2
RE: Phantom Leader - 4/6/2013 3:53:00 PM   
tgb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

Really enjoying the iPad version. Plays nicely on the iPad but feel it would need to be something more for the pc version. Maybe videos of attacks, aircraft etc...

Keeping in mind that this is a board game, I don't mind that it doesn't. Sound effects could be better, though. My one complaint is that the game forces you to step through phases in which you clearly can't do anything, rather than skip them entirely.

(in reply to Punk Reaper)
Post #: 3
RE: Phantom Leader - 4/6/2013 6:26:42 PM   
MikeGER

tgb +1

..for those (like me) who always would have liked to have PL on their Android device (at least in range of their WLAN), to play on the couch or sitting in the garden, i can report it works very well with a free version of a PC-remote-software-App for Android.

Now i want Thunderbolt Apache Leader for PC

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 4
RE: Phantom Leader - 4/6/2013 11:29:39 PM   
Terminus

I wasn't very impressed with the iPad version; it was quite buggy on first release.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to MikeGER)
Post #: 5
RE: Phantom Leader - 4/7/2013 12:20:50 AM   
Punk Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I wasn't very impressed with the iPad version; it was quite buggy on first release.

True but well supported.. Patches came quite quickly.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Phantom Leader Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote