Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

End Of Campaign/Operation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> End Of Campaign/Operation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
End Of Campaign/Operation - 4/5/2013 1:47:40 AM   
Tejszd

Noticed that LSA for campaigns and or operations after the last battle does not save like in WAR/TLD.

Supposedly some like to replay the last battle. Myself I prefer the saved data as the last battle will rarely really change the whole campaign or operation and I can compare how I did each time later (without having to fight the last battle to get the results for whole campaign/operation).

What is your preference?

1) save the campaign/operation after the last battle (like TLD/WAR)
2) do not save after the last battle (like LSA)

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 1/10/2016 7:56:54 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: End Of Campaign/Operation - 4/5/2013 12:23:08 PM   
Renato

I prefer 1) save the campaign/operation after the last battle (like TLD/WAR)

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 2
RE: End Of Campaign/Operation - 9/25/2014 12:20:21 AM   
Tejszd

Bump: If more people agree it increases the odds about how future releases will work and may get LSA changed if it receives another patch

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 9/30/2014 2:50:55 AM >

(in reply to Renato)
Post #: 3
RE: End Of Campaign/Operation - 11/8/2014 8:41:30 AM   
STIENER

get something changed now in LSA???? laughable and a damn shame

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 4
RE: End Of Campaign/Operation - 1/7/2016 4:48:44 AM   
Tejszd

Looks like you were right Stiener as it's been over a year now since you posted and Matrix hasn't bothered to address the outstanding issues

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 5
RE: End Of Campaign/Operation - 1/8/2016 3:57:33 AM   
Stwa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Looks like you were right Stiener as it's been over a year now since you posted and Matrix hasn't bothered to address the outstanding issues

Gosh, a whole year. Do you really want Steve working on LSA? Matrix supports a lot of great games, and perhaps Steve can be used best elsewhere?

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 6
RE: End Of Campaign/Operation - 1/8/2016 6:03:40 AM   
Tejszd

Yes I would like Matrix/Steve to create a last patch for WAR/TLD and LSA to fix the remaining bugs/issues....

I have played the original Atomic CC games since their release; 1996-2000 and still have CC5 installed today for the mods.
CC1/2 were retired fairly quickly as I liked CC3/4/5 more due to all the enhancements.
CC3 was retired when its mods were converted/moved to COI.
CC4 lasted a while as it had a couple unique mods; Kreta and Winter War but it gave way for CC5 and the huge number of mods made for it.
CC5 is still installed today as not all its mods have been converted/moved to a newer CC but they are slowly being converted as WAR or TLD are a better platform for the mods as CC5 never rec'd a fully tested patch before Atomic shutdown.

So I do believe WAR/TLD offer some improvements in features/stability over CC5 but there are still outstanding issues; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3387394

LSA has the most features and is my favorite Matrix CC but unfortunately CC5 mods are not easily converted/moved to it. And like WAR/TLD there are still outstanding issues; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3716292

The above 3 games allow direct H2H play WITHOUT going through the Matrix lobby like PiTF and GtC which seems to be problematic.

If they can not make these re-releases based on the Atomic code almost perfect how can I believe/trust them to make a whole new game and fix/support all the new issues it will have???

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 1/10/2016 7:55:49 AM >

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 7
RE: End Of Campaign/Operation - 1/8/2016 6:36:30 PM   
CGGrognard

1) save the campaign/operation after the last battle (like TLD/WAR)

I too like to see the overall results, and would love to have the ability to easily compare them to past battles, operations and campaigns.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 8
RE: End Of Campaign/Operation - 4/14/2016 4:39:55 AM   
mickxe5

My ideal is an auto-save function that archived every battle in an op/camp. Replays of those archived battles would also be scored against the original results as well as a running average. I'd also like an auto-upload for stats so players could compete against each others scores in battles, ops & camps. There should be a repository for player made scenarios. And dammit, if vehicles can navigate autonomously from LA to NY then why cant the game learn to compete with the player ?

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 9
RE: End Of Campaign/Operation - 9/26/2016 1:43:13 AM   
Tejszd

good comments mickxe5!

(in reply to mickxe5)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> End Of Campaign/Operation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI