Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GG Twilight Zone in the East

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> GG Twilight Zone in the East Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GG Twilight Zone in the East - 4/4/2013 3:03:23 PM   
Gargoil

I am at work, so forgive me for not being better detailed.

I am play Germany vs AI, normal, Alt VC260... this is only my second game, and my first in over a year, so I when easy on myself .

I have 259 out of those 260 victory points. When I was at 258, I took a city just southwest of Krasnador on the coast. It is Jan 1943.

Here is were the "Twilight Zone" begins. The Russians to the west of that city are all out of supply, and the ones to the east are small forces. I have a Panzer division, in supply (75% TOE) in the city, that is the spearpoint of a bulge the extends from the north. I watch the Russian turn, and there is no attack displayed against that city. Yet when I began my turn, my Panzer divison that was in the city is now in Stalino, hundreds of miles way!!! It is not routed. The city is empty. Okay rail my Panzer division back to the area, I take the city with a different Panzer Div plus a Mot Inf Reg. Russians still out of supply to East. No attack by them displayed on their turn again. My turn starts, and now that Panzer Div is in Stalino!!! and the Mot Reg is about 3 hex to the east from it. Russians are now in the city that I have captured twice.

Worst part is that last time I took that city, I also captured a different city, which would have given me the 260 VC for the auto-victory.

Is this some BUG?
Post #: 1
RE: GG Twilight Zone in the East - 4/4/2013 3:49:04 PM   
Denniss

The game version you use is ?
Please keep some saves in a safe place, the devs may want to look at it if your game version is a recent one.

(in reply to Gargoil)
Post #: 2
RE: GG Twilight Zone in the East - 4/4/2013 4:06:12 PM   
Gargoil

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

The game version you use is ?
Please keep some saves in a safe place, the devs may want to look at it if your game version is a recent one.

I am using 1.06.27. I have the save, but do not know how to upload it.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 3
RE: GG Twilight Zone in the East - 4/4/2013 4:07:51 PM   
gingerbread

The bug sub-forum allows zip attachments. Start a thread.

(in reply to Gargoil)
Post #: 4
RE: GG Twilight Zone in the East - 4/4/2013 4:56:52 PM   
Red Lancer

This sounds the same as a bug which I reported in the dev forum and which has been fixed in the latest 1.07.** version - it is probably due to the unit being in beachhead supply, causing a backup path tracing function to fail.

John
WitW Test Co-ordinator
WitE & WitW Scenario Designer

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 5
RE: GG Twilight Zone in the East - 4/4/2013 5:00:46 PM   
Joel Billings

Yes, this does sound like the bug fixed in 1.07.03. If possible replay your the turn using the public beta version and hopefully it won't happen.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Gargoil)
Post #: 6
RE: GG Twilight Zone in the East - 4/4/2013 5:22:25 PM   
Gargoil

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Yes, this does sound like the bug fixed in 1.07.03. If possible replay your the turn using the public beta version and hopefully it won't happen.

I was not going to patch until finished this game, and then only when it was official. But I guess I really should do it now with the beta. Thanks for the help.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 7
RE: GG Twilight Zone in the East - 4/4/2013 7:14:09 PM   
Gargoil

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gargoil

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

I was not going to patch until finished this game, and then only when it was official. But I guess I really should do it now with the beta. Thanks for the help.

Whoops... I just remembered why I CANNOT patch... The patch notes for 1.07 say that any saved game prior to 1.07 will not allowed to be loaded with that patch. I guess I will need my Battle of the Bulge EAST 1943, east of Moscow, to work rather quickly, or even though I did get the 260 VPs, I will not get credit for the win (and see the end game screen for the first time).

(in reply to Gargoil)
Post #: 8
RE: GG Twilight Zone in the East - 4/4/2013 8:14:33 PM   
gingerbread

It's the other way around - you cannot open saves 1.07+ with earlier versions.

(in reply to Gargoil)
Post #: 9
RE: GG Twilight Zone in the East - 4/4/2013 8:38:03 PM   
Gargoil

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerbread

It's the other way around - you cannot open saves 1.07+ with earlier versions.

Oh, never mind

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 10
RE: GG Twilight Zone in the East - 4/5/2013 2:09:00 AM   
Gargoil

Thanks to your advice to update to the 1.07.03 beta patch, I got my victory!

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> GG Twilight Zone in the East Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI