Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

small stuff id like to see added to PITF

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> small stuff id like to see added to PITF Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
small stuff id like to see added to PITF - 4/4/2013 10:38:33 AM   
STIENER

1] having started to play the german side of the GC and now have been using the new way to pick squads in the active roster screen, ive noticed the lack of german a/t weapons availible to the germans.
having only in some cases 2 support units availible it sure does limit the a/t capabilities. the german shreak is only availible as a support unit and only some......seems like 50% or less of the german PZGRD squads have ONE faust.

is there a reason why the germans could not have some of there PZGRD companys that you pick in the active roster, have a shreak team or two instead of a 2 or 3 man PZGRD squad??? and perhaps a few more fausts?? the SS espeacially.....they always got the ammo, reinforcments and equipment 1st.

german PZGRD companys at this stage in the war were pretty well equiped. we read accounts of the all the extra weapons and and equipment the german inf horded during a campaign but its never reflected in our historically correct games.
it wouldnt be unreasonable to add this to the active roster as ive suggested above.

2] the PC does not seem to give all the territory gained in a battle. ive seen fairly large areas after a battle that i have either drove thru and around or had inf squads move thru that are not given by the PC. very frustrating.
can this be looked into?

< Message edited by STIENER -- 4/4/2013 11:18:05 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: small stuff id like to see added to PITF - 4/4/2013 6:16:29 PM   
Steve McClaire

Panzerschrecks are typically available at the company level for most German battle groups. If you check your support unit list they'll be near the top. If the active company doesn't have any you may want to consider switching your first platoon to make a different company active. Panzerfausts are allocated one per squad. This is a 'make them common but not too common' compromise, as there the supply and allocation of panzerfausts was completely ad-hoc (they're not in any German KSTN / TO&E) and so most evidence about how many were supplied to front line troops is anecdotal and the numbers vary in a way the game doesn't really support (A platoon might be given a ton of panzerfausts at the start of an operation and then receive no more for weeks). In CC you will never 'run out' of panzerfausts -- as long as the panzerfaust soldier still exists in the team, he'll get a new one every battle, forever.

End of battle terrain control is granted based on where your units go, but it is influenced by control of surrounding squares. So if you capture a strip of ground a single square wide it can end up 'neutral' after the battle because it has enemy controlled ground on both sides. Control is also 'overwritten' by possession of Victory Locations (which gives control of all the ground around it for several squares, and influences control beyond that).

Steve

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 2
RE: small stuff id like to see added to PITF - 4/4/2013 11:51:13 PM   
STIENER

thanks for the reply and info steve.

yes Panzerschrecks are typically available at the company level for most German battle groups. the company commander could direct a shreak team to support / fight with any platoon.
yes there at the top of the unit support list.

id argue that they should be availible to the active PZGRD platoons with out having to get them only in the support platoon. were picking an inf company with our 1st and 2nd platoons [ and support platoon ] and shreaks could be included in the 1st or 2nd platoon as one or two of those squads in the platoon already. this would not be out of the realm of historical accuracy.

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: small stuff id like to see added to PITF - 8/16/2013 3:16:08 AM   
Kanov

After playing more and reading bayonet strength, I get that you guys got the german composition just about right even if that means 5 men squads. I still find it difficult to justify bringing a transport or truck for the guns though. Those limited support slots are precious.

There should be a distinction between platoon support (like sdkfz 251, 250 or truck transport and pzschreck) and heavy company level support like mortars and heavy machine guns. I don't know how would one implement that in-game though. The compromise I've reached is to try and define different types of platoons for example:

HQ platoon:
1 HQ (Kompaniechef), 2 squads (each with a trupp 1 & 2) and two transports, be it kubelwagen, sdkfz 251 or trucks

AT Platoon:
1 HQ (Zugtrupp), 2 squads (each with a trupp 1 & 2, maybe different types with extra pzfaust), 2 pzschreck/pzjâger

MG defensive platoon:
1 HQ (Zugtrupp), 2 squads (each with a trupp 1 & 2) and 2 Heavy MG's

The problem I see is that this would leave me with even less infantry to play with but I see it as the only way to play with those underplayed teams.

Have any other suggestion?

< Message edited by Kanov -- 8/16/2013 3:17:48 AM >

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> small stuff id like to see added to PITF Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI