Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Operation layer question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Operation layer question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Operation layer question - 4/3/2013 10:56:09 PM   
Noxos

I just got APOS and I'm struggling to figure out how the game determines whether a platoon will participate in a battle or not. Sometimes neighboring platoons or platoons directly behind the attacking platoon(s) are involved, sometimes not. I don't get it. One time I even had a platoon that had an red arrow into the attack zone not show up in the tactical battle. Can anyone explain how it works? Thanks.

Also this is a bit unrelated but, how does the supply system work? Do units have to be within certain range of supply unit to receive supplies? I see an option to give priority to certain units but I don't even know how large the pool it's drawing from is.

< Message edited by Noxos -- 4/3/2013 11:00:53 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Operation layer question - 4/8/2013 4:18:04 AM   
Dane49

Generally a platoon will be in a given battle if at the start of the battle if it is adjacent to the center grid of the 3x3 battle area chosen and you have no limits set in your options menu for battle radius for next battle,sometimes platoons that have to travel long distances to that battle area during the operations phase will not be able to participate in that battle as they are considered still in route to that area.

Sim HQ explans this on their forum for the game.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3761010/Can_someone_explain_how_the_op#Post3761010

Supply units will supply units in the adjacent grid squares during the beginning of the operations phase and during this this time(operations phase)you should be able to click on units and allot ammo to your squads.There is a limit to how much each supply unit can allot,but I can't remember the exact figures anymore.

I don't play the campaigns much,but recall that it does resupply units if adjacent,and as with most rules in this game the answers are vague and unclear in the rules manual and generally you will have to figure out exactly what you can or can't do in this game by trial and error till the puzzle pieces start to fall into place and make more sense.

I try and pull my out of ammo units from the line and have them move towards the supply unit or dump or move the supply unit closer to the area where most of my units are running low on ammo.

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 4/8/2013 1:54:47 PM >

(in reply to Noxos)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Operation layer question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI