Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT-You be the judge....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT-You be the judge.... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 4:18:52 PM   
crsutton

This nice little cat showed up on our doorstep last month and adopted us. We really like him but I am just a little queasy about who he reminds me of. Am I just being paranoid?

Attachment (1)

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Post #: 1
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 4:19:34 PM   
crsutton

You be the judge..

Attachment (1)

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 2
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 4:26:41 PM   
Canoerebel

I take it kitty is trying to annex the Sudetenland?

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 3
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 4:30:40 PM   
Lokasenna

There's a whole website devoted to "kitlers", IIRC.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 4
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 5:14:20 PM   
SuluSea

I had a cat named Easter that looked similar and she was super.

On another note I like the episode of Two and a Half Men when Allen says "This [Hitler mustache] is not a bad look. Shame one guy had to ruin it for everyone"

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 5
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 5:42:33 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

This nice little cat showed up on our doorstep last month and adopted us. We really like him but I am just a little queasy about who he reminds me of. Am I just being paranoid?

Has he taken an unusual interest in your convoy movements? You haven't signed a non-aggression pact with him, have you?

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 6
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 6:10:49 PM   
crsutton

Well so far he has been a little quite about what really desires. I have noticed him sharpening his claws when I am not looking and think I have heard some muttering about the Versailles Treaty and some sort of stab in the back. But I think it is all bluster. Lately I have taken to giving him more food and buying him a lot of cat toys. This policy of "appeasement" seems to be working very well and I don't think there is much of a threat. He seems so happy and full of himself lately. Personally, I think I have nothing to worry about.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 6:18:58 PM   
Chickenboy

Yes, a "Piece (of Catnip) in our time"-can't go wrong.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 8
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 6:57:27 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Well so far he has been a little quite about what really desires. I have noticed him sharpening his claws when I am not looking and think I have heard some muttering about the Versailles Treaty and some sort of stab in the back. But I think it is all bluster. Lately I have taken to giving him more food and buying him a lot of cat toys. This policy of "appeasement" seems to be working very well and I don't think there is much of a threat. He seems so happy and full of himself lately. Personally, I think I have nothing to worry about.

Found this diary entry in your cat's waste bin:

quote:

Day 183 of my captivity...

My captors continued to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from clawing the furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another house plant.

Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded. Maybe I should try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favourite chair - must try this on their bed. Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little kitty cat I was. This is not working according to plan.

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary confinement throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the food. More important, I overheard that my confinement was due to my powers of inducing something called "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit.

The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant. He speaks with them regularly, and I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured.

But I can wait. It's only a matter of time..............

Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/site/staffmonkeys/

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 9
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 7:00:26 PM   
Schanilec

All you is a cigar chomping British bulldog. Then sit back and watch the fun.

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 10
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 7:54:39 PM   
rockmedic109

My wife's cat has initiated psychological warfare. She wakes me up at 0200, 0400, 0500 and 0600 every morning to tell me that she needs to be fed. The sleep deprivation is starting to get to me. My wife caught me talking to the dogs about "making it look like an accident" and I am now being watched closely in a padded room. I have to type this message by nose as the staff here have put me in a funny shirt that does not let me use my arms. I got happy an hour ago because I had a visitor....then I found out it was the cat.....

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 11
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 10:29:21 PM   
Kwik E Mart

...didn't come with a self penned manuscript "Mein Kitten Kampf", did it?...

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 12
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 11:11:31 PM   
crsutton

Yes, it has come to this.

http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/cgi-bin/seigmiaow.pl

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 13
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 11:45:22 PM   
wdolson

I see the Cats that Look Like Hitler website was posted. That was my first thought.

My sister came up with a method of selecting a cat. She went to the animal shelter and let a cat pick her. Every cat I've had since has been one that selected me. They were all very friendly. The two that lived the longest (the last cat turns 18 this month) picked me out in the world. One came to me when I was studying for my last final in college. I was sitting in my car with the door open reviewing my notes when this young cat showed up and jumped in the car. I thought maybe he smelled my lunch or something and tossed him out. He got back in the car and very deliberately climbed into the backseat and curled up.

I just had enough time to run home buy a litter box and some cat food and get back for my last final. The campus had a lot of feral cats that had been abandoned by students at the end of term and I think he was one of the recent abandonees. He had a funny blob of color across the top of his nose, but no mustache. He made it to 18 1/2 though he was very frail in his last couple of years. He was the most extroverted cats I have ever met. Whenever someone came over to the house he came running. He adored all people.

The next one who found me out in the world turned up in my front yard one night. He also made it clear he wasn't leaving. I put up signs around the neighborhood and one of the neighbors said they had seen him around the neighborhood for several days before he found me. He's very elderly, but still the same character he always was. What's weird is he has the exact same coloring pattern as the other cat, though a different color (gray and white vs black and white), but they cant be related because the first cat was neutered long before the second one was born.

The cat knew I was writing about him, he just showed up.

Anyway, even if the cat does look like Hitler, the cat found you, which is a good sign.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 14
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/3/2013 11:53:07 PM   
Canoerebel

Please, everyone, tread very, very softly here.  Perhaps many of you remember the dreaded "great puzzycat" photo that crsutton sometimes posts?  That is one huge puzzycat.  I, for one, don't wanna see that thing again.  But I have this sick feeling that crsutton will use it any moment now....

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 15
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/4/2013 12:08:41 AM   
DivePac88

Looks the part, but I'd have to hear one of the cats speeches first to be sure.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 16
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/4/2013 1:19:59 AM   
crsutton

Well, they are all in German and I can't understand him.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 17
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/4/2013 1:22:59 AM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

I see the Cats that Look Like Hitler website was posted. That was my first thought.

My sister came up with a method of selecting a cat. She went to the animal shelter and let a cat pick her. Every cat I've had since has been one that selected me. They were all very friendly. The two that lived the longest (the last cat turns 18 this month) picked me out in the world. One came to me when I was studying for my last final in college. I was sitting in my car with the door open reviewing my notes when this young cat showed up and jumped in the car. I thought maybe he smelled my lunch or something and tossed him out. He got back in the car and very deliberately climbed into the backseat and curled up.

I just had enough time to run home buy a litter box and some cat food and get back for my last final. The campus had a lot of feral cats that had been abandoned by students at the end of term and I think he was one of the recent abandonees. He had a funny blob of color across the top of his nose, but no mustache. He made it to 18 1/2 though he was very frail in his last couple of years. He was the most extroverted cats I have ever met. Whenever someone came over to the house he came running. He adored all people.

The next one who found me out in the world turned up in my front yard one night. He also made it clear he wasn't leaving. I put up signs around the neighborhood and one of the neighbors said they had seen him around the neighborhood for several days before he found me. He's very elderly, but still the same character he always was. What's weird is he has the exact same coloring pattern as the other cat, though a different color (gray and white vs black and white), but they cant be related because the first cat was neutered long before the second one was born.

The cat knew I was writing about him, he just showed up.

Anyway, even if the cat does look like Hitler, the cat found you, which is a good sign.

Bill

Yep Bill. Every cat I ever had found me. I think I got one from the pound but all the others just showed up. Actually, this little guy is going to a new home tomorrow. I already have two and my male cat is not happy with him around. But he is just about the nicest young cat and he is going to my friend who just lost her beloved cat of 18 years, so I know it was meant to be.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 18
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/4/2013 3:32:30 AM   
Jorge_Stanbury

Careful he might form a freikorps and try a beer putsch to overthrow you

"Ik val aan, volg mij"
"I attack, follow me"
Karel Doorman

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 19
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/4/2013 3:42:40 PM   
HansBolter

Been taking in injured and indigent stray cats my entire life.

At one time my family numbered nine, four of whom were amputees. Once the family reached nine I finally learned how to say no to people offering me cats needing homes, although I always felt guilty of negligence in doing so. As the nine died off I resisted taking in more as I had felt that there just wasn't enough of me to go around to give them the time and affection they deserved. Also keeping up with the medical billls for nine was at times overwhelming.

I had two females survive to 17, one male to 17, one male to 19 and the grandad of them all who lived to be 20. They day I layed him to rest I received a call from my 12 year old niece asking if I would take a kitten her friend had found abandoned. My family has since grown again to 2 females and 2 males.

The Lord just keeps sending them my way.....

Hans

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 20
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/4/2013 4:06:27 PM   
RevRick

You think you got a problem...
This one wandered up at midnight almost two years ago at 4 oz...
Look at what HE has become!!

Attachment (1)

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 21
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/4/2013 4:10:28 PM   
Canoerebel

That looks like Charlie Chaplin.

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 22
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/4/2013 4:13:49 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Why would Herr Hitler come back as a cat? Everyone knows he liked dogs.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 23
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/4/2013 4:24:15 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

To annoy everyone as much as possible. To further his nefarious ends, he'd come back as an intact tom with a 'substrate aversion' problem. Ugh.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 24
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/5/2013 12:17:31 AM   
Phanatik

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

Found this diary entry in your cat's waste bin:

quote:

Day 183 of my captivity...

My captors continued to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from clawing the furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another house plant.

Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded. Maybe I should try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favourite chair - must try this on their bed. Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little kitty cat I was. This is not working according to plan.

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary confinement throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the food. More important, I overheard that my confinement was due to my powers of inducing something called "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit.

The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant. He speaks with them regularly, and I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured.

But I can wait. It's only a matter of time..............

Classic...

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 25
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/5/2013 12:19:18 AM   
Phanatik

quote:

He'd need 8 more chances to get "it" right.

Post #: 26
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/5/2013 4:45:38 AM   
crsutton

quote:

Yes, but everybody who has a cat knows that there secretly is a little Nazi hiding in all of them.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Post #: 27
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/5/2013 3:55:24 PM   
bjmorgan

Somebody has a sig on a site I visit that says something like "3000 years ago cats were worshiped as gods. They have never forgotten this."

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 28
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/5/2013 4:08:31 PM   
Schanilec

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to bjmorgan)
Post #: 29
RE: OT-You be the judge.... - 4/5/2013 4:14:56 PM   
bjmorgan

quote:

Yes, it has come to this.

http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/cgi-bin/seigmiaow.pl

Some of those look more like Terry Thomas.

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT-You be the judge.... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI