Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

chat does not work in multi player when in windows mode

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> chat does not work in multi player when in windows mode Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
chat does not work in multi player when in windows mode - 4/2/2013 9:42:00 PM   
STIENER

steve
just got my new video card in and am trying out PITF.....so far not too shabby.the explosions are amazing to watch a couple of things that i wish had of been carried over form LSA, like borrowing teams from the reserve BG, but i guess time will tell.

when me and my opponent tried to hook up on the multi player room, we could not use the chat button in window mode. the game would give an "invalid call "error and then crash to desktop. this happened to both of us at different times. when taken out of window mode we could use the chat fucntion and carry on to the GC and play.

we are both using the new patch.

is a fix in the works? or is the 1st you have heard of it?

thanks
Steiner

< Message edited by STIENER -- 4/2/2013 9:44:20 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: chat does not work in multi player when in windows ... - 4/3/2013 5:14:17 PM   
Steve McClaire

I have not seen this or heard of anyone else running into it. Can you give me some more details please?

- What version of Windows are you running on?

- What resolution you using for the game?

- I assume you are clicking the 'Chat' button on the multi-player lobby screen? What happens if you just hit ENTER to go into chat mode? Does this cause the problem on any screen, or just the multi-player screen where the button it?

Thanks,

Steve

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 2
RE: chat does not work in multi player when in windows ... - 4/4/2013 9:57:51 AM   
STIENER

hi steve
were both running XP. my opponent was running 1280 X 768 res and i was running 1024 X 768 res.

i was originally hitting the CHAT button in the multi player lobby and i just tried the game again in window mode in multi player lobby and hit ENTER and i got the same result "invalid call " error

it only happens in the multi player lobby screen where the button is. we cant move on in window mode any ways. it crashes.

thanks
Steiner

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: chat does not work in multi player when in windows ... - 4/4/2013 6:07:02 PM   
Steve McClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: STIENER
it only happens in the multi player lobby screen where the button is. we cant move on in window mode any ways. it crashes.

I'm not sure what you mean here. You cannot connect to your opponent and have the host hit NEXT to move to the Battle Group or Strategic screens? Or do you mean that hitting ENTER for the chat pane causes this error no matter what screen you're on?

Please try updating DirectX with the latest version and see if that has any effect on the problem. Have you tried other resolution settings for windowed mode? What happens if you choose windowed mode but set the resolution to the same size as your Windows desktop?

Thanks,

Steve

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 4
RE: chat does not work in multi player when in windows ... - 4/4/2013 11:01:44 PM   
STIENER

i was just answering your original question steve.......in window mode hitting CHAT or ENTER for the chat pane causes this error no matter what. we do not get to move on into the battle group or strategic screens. it crashes in the multi player screen before we can do anything.

i have direct X 9C....should i try to get it to direct X 10?

i was in the desktop resolution which was 1024 X 768 [ both game and desktop ]
i have not tried diff resolutions but i will in a few days and get back to you.....im going out of town for a couple of days.

thanks

Post #: 5
RE: chat does not work in multi player when in windows ... - 4/5/2013 1:06:36 AM   
Steve McClaire

Ok - sorry if I was not clear. What I meant was, connect at the multiplayer screen without using chat, then go on to the BG or Strat screen. After you're both on a different screen try hitting ENTER for chat and see what happens. I am trying to determine if it's related to the multi-player screen or chat in general.

As for DirectX, you should have a folder under \Panthers in the Fog\redist\ where you installed the game. Run the DXSETUP program in that folder to reinstall DirectX.

It may be something related to the task bar, though. This is one difference with running the game windowed versus full screen. You might try hiding the Windows task bar before you run the game and see if that makes a difference.

Steve

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 6
RE: chat does not work in multi player when in windows ... - 4/8/2013 9:20:07 PM   
STIENER

Hi steve
we''l try a couple of more things......how do you hide the windows task bar?

im 99% sure the problem is related to multi player screen not chat in general, but will get back to you.

Post #: 7
RE: chat does not work in multi player when in windows ... - 4/9/2013 5:08:34 PM   
Steve McClaire

Right click the Windows task bar itself, go to properties, and set 'Auto-Hide the Task Bar'. You might also try unlocking the task bar and moving it to the side of the screen, just as a test.

Thanks,

Steve

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> chat does not work in multi player when in windows mode Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI