Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How would my specs do in terms of performance?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> How would my specs do in terms of performance? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How would my specs do in terms of performance? - 3/31/2013 5:39:44 PM   
towerbooks3192

I had to put away my gaming rig and I could only use my macbook pro 2010 13' with
Nvidia 320m
Intel Core 2 duo P8600 @2.4GHZ (2 CPUs)
4096 mb RAM?

I could play the game without hitches despite taking quite awhile to load but once on the main menu and in-game it has no problems however I am worried if I will be having problems late game.

I am not sure if it could handle maximum number of stars but I think its unrealistic for me to play and finish a game like that so I was wondering if I won't have any problems with lets say Standard 700 or the number of stars before that?

Will greatly appreciate it if you PM your replies since it would prompt me when I receive replies and thanks
Post #: 1
RE: How would my specs do in terms of performance? - 4/5/2013 1:43:26 AM   
Unforeseen

With those specs it would depend on the number of races in the game, that includes independents becoming empires if you have that selected. For comparisons sake here are my specs, the game slows downs and save files begin corrupting after 1 hour of play with 19 starting empires, and independents set to scattered. Plays optimally at 12 starting empires.

Intel Core i5 3.4GhZ (Quad)
16394mb RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti (EVGA) x2

Edit: Ps this forum is extremely inactive in anything except AAR. 9/10 you can post just about anything an expect only one to ZERO responses but countless views. I have yet to find an active and useful community for distant worlds.

< Message edited by Unforeseen -- 4/5/2013 1:45:54 AM >

(in reply to towerbooks3192)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> How would my specs do in terms of performance? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI