Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

download problem - ra

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> download problem - ra Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
download problem - ra - 3/30/2013 10:30:25 PM   
everton

sorry to ask, i am not the most computer savvy person on the planet but i have followed the instructions ie downloaded the extended map, new art and the scenario and yet i have no scenario in slot 070 - what am i missing
Post #: 1
RE: download problem - ra - 3/30/2013 10:31:25 PM   
Terminus

What did you do with the files, once you'd downloaded them?

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to everton)
Post #: 2
RE: download problem - ra - 3/30/2013 11:05:08 PM   
everton

i followed the instructions, creating an orig map folder moving the relevant orig bmp files before downloading the new ones in the art folder, i then downloaded the new art files and finally the scen into the scen folder

btw it has completeley screwed up my game, none of my old save games using the stock maps will load properly only the extended map da babes senario seems to load ok,

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: download problem - ra - 3/30/2013 11:35:04 PM   
everton

have managed to get the scenario up and running in slot 070, i just require some help on how i am able to load the stock scenario map, i especially need to access my current game, i am at a critical point in aug 42 and am having withwrawal symptons

(in reply to everton)
Post #: 4
RE: download problem - ra - 3/31/2013 4:56:03 AM   
michaelm

You will need to copy your original map files back into the ART directory.
This is one reason why people prefer to have multiple installs on their PC.

Michael

(in reply to everton)
Post #: 5
RE: download problem - ra - 3/31/2013 10:28:48 AM   
everton

sorry to be a pain but

i have done another install (WITP01) which works fine, my only question is on the widemap, no matter how i try i cant get the wide map to work on my new install, i know it works through the shortcut so i copied another shortcut and tried to change the target and directory to the new install file name,

''C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe'' -f -px1366 -py768 -r (this works)

''C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacfic Admirals's Edition\WITP01.exe'' -f -px1366 -py768 -r (this doesnt, am i writing the file name oncorrectly and if so what would be the correct way)

but i keep getting an error message telling me the path is invalid, some help woulfd be gratefully appreciated

is it possible to have two or more working shortcuts, or is there another way to get multiple installs playing on the widemap

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 6
RE: download problem - ra - 3/31/2013 10:45:33 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: everton

sorry to be a pain but

i have done another install (WITP01) which works fine, my only question is on the widemap, no matter how i try i cant get the wide map to work on my new install, i know it works through the shortcut so i copied another shortcut and tried to change the target and directory to the new install file name,

''C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe'' -f -px1366 -py768 -r (this works)

''C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacfic Admirals's Edition\WITP01.exe'' -f -px1366 -py768 -r (this doesnt, am i writing the file name oncorrectly and if so what would be the correct way)

witp01.exe ? What ?
What did you copy the exe or the folder ?

Below is my link to the new folder I created...

"C:\Matrix Games\WITPAe\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -wd -px1600 -py900 -cpu4 -multiaudio -dd_sw

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 3/31/2013 10:46:46 AM >

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to everton)
Post #: 7
RE: download problem - ra - 4/1/2013 12:26:03 PM   
everton

success - thank you so much for all your help

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> download problem - ra Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI