Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ground war

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> ground war Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ground war - 3/29/2013 10:26:35 PM   
everton

is it just me or does the scale of the ground war not exactly fit with the scale of the naval/air game

it seems lobsided, the naval/air game is superb, probally the best i have or will ever see, but the land game, it just feels clumsy and seems to be an added inconvenience that they had to put in but really would have preferred not to

i know that ae tried to deal with this problem by enlarging the map but it just dont seem right that i can watch an individual dual between two rowboats !! or worry about an individual destroyers destiny and yet guadalcanal/kohima/imphal for eg is only 1 hex in size

am i being unreasonable or is the next step to develope the landgame and truly make this the best computer wargame
Post #: 1
RE: ground war - 3/29/2013 11:24:54 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: everton

is it just me or does the scale of the ground war not exactly fit with the scale of the naval/air game

it seems lobsided, the naval/air game is superb, probally the best i have or will ever see, but the land game, it just feels clumsy and seems to be an added inconvenience that they had to put in but really would have preferred not to

i know that ae tried to deal with this problem by enlarging the map but it just dont seem right that i can watch an individual dual between two rowboats !! or worry about an individual destroyers destiny and yet guadalcanal/kohima/imphal for eg is only 1 hex in size

am i being unreasonable or is the next step to develope the landgame and truly make this the best computer wargame

See wdolson's post in the current thread, "Attack casualties, a little extreme."

The Moose

(in reply to everton)
Post #: 2
RE: ground war - 3/29/2013 11:47:34 PM   
everton

hmmm

have just read the post you recommended

to be fair, it explained the problems clearly, i guess i will just have to accept having the best air/navel game out there and put up with the land game as is, you cant have it all right !!

thanks for pointing out the mail in question

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 3
RE: ground war - 3/30/2013 1:01:44 AM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: everton

hmmm

have just read the post you recommended

to be fair, it explained the problems clearly, i guess i will just have to accept having the best air/navel game out there and put up with the land game as is, you cant have it all right !!

thanks for pointing out the mail in question

You're welcome.

The ground engine is actually quite challenging if you let it be. It has its quirks, but you can make it do interesting things if you understand how it works (as much as us chickens can) and use the terrain and movement/supply rules to their fullest extent.

The Moose

(in reply to everton)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> ground war Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI