FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

FieldOfGlory

FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders

Post by FieldOfGlory »

Its been a long time since I've done an AAR. With all the updates to AT Gold and the incorporation of leaders I have had a renewed interest in playing the game.

This will be a random game on a large map with 4 countries. All 3 AI are set to AI+

This game will be played on a looped large map with normal continents and full range climate. It took about 8 tries before I got a map I liked. I wanted to play a German power and I didn't want my country to be too fragmented.

This will be a tough contest. Against AI+ I am hit and miss. I win a few more than I lose but this game could go either way. AI+ comes on hard and fast. In my experience if I can survive to turn 15-20 without completely imploding then it usually becomes a victory.

I do not expect to play this game to the death. Rather it will most likely be played til my position becomes hopeless or victory seems so sure that it becomes incredibly boring to continue.
FieldOfGlory

RE: FieldOfGlory vs 3 AI+ powers V2.14 with Leaders

Post by FieldOfGlory »

Here is Mother Germany at start. I share a large border with the Islamabad republic and my capital Berlin is on an isolated peninsula. War with them will come fast and I only hope they wait a couple of turns at least before they declare war against me.
The other 2 powers will end up at war with each other soon enough as they also share a long border with each other. Islamabad shares only a very small border with either of the other 2 powers so I doubt there will be anyone else coming to my aid in the near future. I will likely have to tackle them without help.
Islamabad has an isolated city in my territory and it will be impossible for them to defend it. My capital is also isolated but it should be easy to defend it with the natural choke point to the south.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (446.66 KiB) Viewed 776 times
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

The border in the North has a very defendable border between the river and the Mountains to the East.

Attachments
AAr2.jpg
AAr2.jpg (416.53 KiB) Viewed 776 times
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

The Western border on the other hand is going to be a nightmare. It is a wide open desert for enemy armor and other terrible things to just charge right in and will be very difficult to defend. To make matters worst it is a critical area that needs to be held at nearly any cost.
For starters they rail junction here is my life line to the Northern German cities and the Port city Asnabruck is the most Direct supply line to Berlin.

Attachments
aar3.jpg
aar3.jpg (396.91 KiB) Viewed 776 times
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

First order of business from the Fuhrer is to establish a command structure. A regional HQ is created in Osnabruck which is little more than a supply depot for the German mainland. From Osnabruck it can has a close connection to OKW in Berlin and a good central position to work from.
The Fuhrer also ordered the creation of 5 Armies charged with the defense of the mainland to be led by the finest military minds hand picked by the Fuhrer himself.
Berlin will be defended by OKW under the direct command of the Fuhrer.
The 5 Generals picked to lead the 5 Great armies are as follows :
-Heinz Guderian
-Emil Leeb
-Walter Model
-Erwin Rommel
-Von Rundstedt

Many others were in the running but will have to wait for there chance to command. The Fuhrer has made known his plans for a massive build up of military forces and there are sure to be many more opportunities for talented commanders.
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

OOB
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

Sorry. OOB

Attachments
aar1.jpg
aar1.jpg (237.04 KiB) Viewed 776 times
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

WAR!

June 1st 1930 on turn 1 Islamabad attacks!

The Fuhrer is woken up early in morning on June 1st.
(Fuhrer's aid)... My Fuhrer wake up we have a situation.

(Fuhrer) What do you want you idiot! I'll have you shot is this isn't important!

(Fuhrer's aid) The Muslims have attacked us my Fuhrer. There forces have began poring over our borders.

(Fuhrer) What!!! Call my Generals and order them to attack you idiot!

(Fuhrer's aid) My Fuhrer general Rommel has already ordered a general attack on all fronts. But he told OKW that the German army does not have enough men to hold back this advance by Islamabad. OKW has requested your council my Fuhrer. There is panic among the men.

(Fuhrer) Idiots! I am surrounded by idiots! Tell the High command to enact an immediate emergency draft. I want every German who can pull a trigger with a rifle in his hand.

(Fuhrer's aid) ????

(Fuhrer) I mean right now you fool!

(Fuhrer) Yes my Fuhrer
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

Well I was really hoping for a couple of turns at least before the attacked but that didn't happen. My forces are seriously under staffed and disorganized. I hope this AAR doesn't end in a quick defeat.

Model and Rundstedt began an immediate advance on the isolated city in the North.

Leeb attempts an attack on a lone Muslim unit that crosses the border and suffers terrible losses.

Attachments
aar1.jpg
aar1.jpg (437.98 KiB) Viewed 776 times
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

Rommel's forces move cautiously towards the Islamabad border. Rommel's 1st Army was the only army that actually received some combat forces in turn 1. All other Army HQ's just received staff and a few trucks.

Attachments
aar2.jpg
aar2.jpg (426 KiB) Viewed 776 times
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

I need Riflemen Yesterday. 560 Regiments of brave fighting men on there way. May God help the proud German people.

Attachments
aar3.jpg
aar3.jpg (341.21 KiB) Viewed 779 times
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

Model is promoted.

The AI is coming on fast. Already they have tanks in the field.

Attachments
aar4.jpg
aar4.jpg (455.48 KiB) Viewed 779 times
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

Rommel has made contact already in the desert. His army has received more reinforcements than the other so far. I need to get a gun factory up soon. Riflemen alone aren't going to hold these guys back for very long without some extra firepower to help out.

Attachments
aar5.jpg
aar5.jpg (443.76 KiB) Viewed 780 times
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

So here we are at the end of the July turn.

Leeb's army got a lot of reinforcements and has now been ordered to move forward and take the river before the Muslim hordes begin to bridge it. Further to the East Guderian's army is under serous pressure and will receive extra reinforcements next month. He must hold his end of the line.

In the North Model and Rundstedt are slowly trying to encircle the isolated Islamabad city.

Attachments
aar6.jpg
aar6.jpg (454.7 KiB) Viewed 779 times
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

Rommel's Army is preparing for a massive battle. He expects it will be the biggest since the Great War and his orders are to hold the Western Desert at all cost.

Germany has just constructed its first gun factory and the Fuhrer has ordered it to begin production at once. Rommel's 1st Army will receive the first shipment of big guns next month.

Attachments
aar7.jpg
aar7.jpg (446.55 KiB) Viewed 779 times
Josh

Post by Josh »

Great [&o]

A word of advice if I may? Don't attack with your Inf units headon early in this game, without higher Exp or AT guns/mortars and such they are cannonfodder. Try to make it a war of encirclement at this stage, 1-2 turns of encirclement and the opposing unit is depleted. Wait till you have at least some light armour, lvl II as soon as possible, they gain Exp very fast because of the massive Inf kills they get, and a few high Exp lvl II-III light armour can take out most enemy tanks too.

Good luck.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Unless an entire view of the ATG screen is necessary for explaining what is happening, may I suggest that you crop your screenshots to show us only the map.

Thanks for doing this AAR! We need more of them like this.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

@ Josh - Yes Leeb's attack was a disaster. But I have managed a couple of successful attacks when attacking from multiple directions. Good advice thank you.

@ Webizen - My thought was that some viewers might enjoy seeing the detailed info on the full screen. Mini map, unit composition, Leader stats, Etc...
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

Position at the end of August turn.

Leeb has made good progress pushing towards the river and Guderian is holding well.

Attachments
aar1.jpg
aar1.jpg (463.3 KiB) Viewed 779 times
FieldOfGlory

Post by FieldOfGlory »

The Islamabad city Auara in the North has been a tough fight. Model's 5th Army to the West of the city has been taking serous punishment and OKW has had concerns more than once that his Army may be cut off. Elements of Guderians Army to the south have moved North just in case the Muslim Army succeeds in cutting off the 5th Army.

Attachments
aar2.jpg
aar2.jpg (399.13 KiB) Viewed 779 times

Return to “After Action Reports”