Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

T25 Advice requested re: Moscow

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> T25 Advice requested re: Moscow Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
T25 Advice requested re: Moscow - 3/28/2013 9:30:12 PM   
rmonical

18A and 2PG closed the deal on Moscow on T24. As you can see, this is precarious though I have lots of mobile units to move to the flanks. Is there any strategic advantage to taking large losses to hold Moscow?

Any recommendations?

TIA

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: T25 Advice requested re: Moscow - 3/29/2013 12:53:13 AM   
Mehring

If you don't mind me chipping in, and as far as I can be an impartial observer, I'd say you left it late extricating your tanks from the various encirclement and counter encirclements. I'm sad to lose industry in North Moscow but if you don't high tail it out, actually all along the front, it will be a long term Russian gain.

My recce shows you have something like 17 of 19 Pz Divs in Moscow area and a ton of motorised. The rest of your line is incredibly vulnerable as the battles west of Kursk-Kharkov show. With the lack of combat over the summer, I'm with 6M+ well rested and trained up bods already and growing fast.

You played a risky game well, and took the prize. In my view get out if you can, before the prize takes you.

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to rmonical)
Post #: 2
RE: T25 Advice requested re: Moscow - 3/29/2013 1:09:17 AM   
rmonical

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mehring
I'm sad to lose industry in North Moscow but if you don't high tail it out, actually all along the front, it will be a long term Russian gain.

Only N Moscow??

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 3
RE: T25 Advice requested re: Moscow - 3/29/2013 1:13:10 AM   
Mehring

Y, there was some HI in Moscow but I can live without that. Think N. Moscow had 9 arms centres and 1/4 of my IL2 production, but pretty well all the other stuff with an upgrade future shipped out.

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to rmonical)
Post #: 4
RE: T25 Advice requested re: Moscow - 3/29/2013 1:52:52 AM   
Flaviusx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mehring

Y, there was some HI in Moscow but I can live without that. Think N. Moscow had 9 arms centres and 1/4 of my IL2 production, but pretty well all the other stuff with an upgrade future shipped out.

Hey, you were supposed to keep Moscow!

For whatever it is worth, I think you can take it back here. And no, it is not worth holding in this situation as the Axis. The Red Army should be able to flank it and force a withdrawal, unless the Axis wants to throw away the garrison.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 5
RE: T25 Advice requested re: Moscow - 3/29/2013 11:46:13 AM   
Mehring

Вот дерьмо! Империалистическая работает собака!

Took it to the last turn and weather roll, very tense. RMs eastern pincer was cut off by air-land attack for a week then progressively squeezed until I thought I'd distract enough attention from Moscow to get away with it. Likewise, I went on offensive in south in the hope of drawing off some pressure. This revealed how weak RM is there, but he's stuck to his objective and won it.

Half way through first blizzard turn now and it's getting very ugly. Four German infantry divs cut off due east of Moscow unlikely to get back.

Haven't played this in a year and it seems different, much more difficult to fail an attack. Also Russian attack losses in '41 are less than I remember. I used to win battles but lose 1000s of troops in the process. No more. Is that due to patches I missed or possibly my paying more attention to units' morale/experience before committing them?

Also, I'm confused about weather. The revised manual states-

v1.03 Beta 2 - January 21, 2011
There will be no snow or mud during December 1941 and January 1942 (only Blizzard).

v1.06.05 - March 20, 2012
There will be at most one mud turn per weather zone during turns from 01 December to 29 February (not 31 March as stated in the manual).

Which is it? Sure I remember being backhanded on a weather role. Anyways, can't we have consistent random weather, it's much more of a nail biter?

¯ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 6
RE: T25 Advice requested re: Moscow - 3/29/2013 12:08:29 PM   
cpt flam

I think that first winter is allways blizzard from december to january
the other part will take effect for february and full effect next winter

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> T25 Advice requested re: Moscow Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI